Because most of us love anime and manga. :3
Yoorah
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Sword Art Online - Extra Edition

Postby Yoorah » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:25 pm

I finally had the time to watch that yesterday. It was pretty cute. I just wish they showed some of the old scenes better--the attack with all the allies at the Grand Quest in ALO was one of my favourite scenes in that series and it didn't look as cool in the Extra Edition. :|

For those who don't know, it's a 1 hr, 40 min recap episode with a small bit of original material in it (and bikini scenes for those who care for that stuff). It was aired a few days ago.

On a related note, another season for SAO was announced. I guess they'll be doing that shooter MMO or whatever. I don't really care, so long as they use Yuki Kajiura's music in it. \o/

Anyone else watched it and/or looking forward to the new season?

Soluna
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp

Re: Sword Art Online - Extra Edition

Postby Soluna » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:44 pm

<_< unless its got swords...

I got a sword obsession... I just prefer it over guns... I dunno... it's just cooler for me I guess...

Yoorah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Yoorah » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:07 pm

I suppose Gun Art Online doesn't sound as cool.

somecoolguy
Rank 7 Succubus
Rank 7 Succubus
IGN(s): somecoolguy rapethemaids

Postby somecoolguy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:08 pm

Dw kirito still manages to use swords inside a flippin GUN mmo. And beats the crap out of everyone somehow.

Story tries to go back to the roots of SAO's concept but doesn't do too well from what I read off the light novel. I dunno. After watching that whole fairy dance arc, I just thought the series got a bit ridiculous and lost a lot of my interest in the series as a whole. The bad guy was a depthless horrible person, kirito was overpowered for no reason, and Asuna was made out to be a useless damsel in distress, a complete flip of what she was in SAO. Felt like I was watching a completely different anime with SAO characters skinned onto the main characters.
Did you just break wind? Because you blow me away.

Sky
o senpai >w<
IGN(s): Sky
Server: Ruairi

Postby Sky » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Yeah... Sword in a gun environment was what excited me. He was using flippin' light saber lol. I still think GGO was pretty good action wise when I was reading it and visualizing the scenes. Subpar story imo. Gonna watch the new season for the action scenes and hopefully they deliver.
Platinum Trophies!
Tales of Graces f (Apr '12), Tekken 6 (May '12), Tales of Xillia (Oct '13)

Yoorah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Yoorah » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:07 pm

somecoolguy wrote:After watching that whole fairy dance arc, I just thought the series got a bit ridiculous and lost a lot of my interest in the series as a whole. The bad guy was a depthless horrible person, kirito was overpowered for no reason, and Asuna was made out to be a useless damsel in distress, a complete flip of what she was in SAO. Felt like I was watching a completely different anime with SAO characters skinned onto the main characters.

No one can deny that the villain sucked. But I don't mind the other points.

Kirito wasn't really overpowered, he just kept his old stats. If he had to start from scratch, he would have needed another 2 years to get to the point where he's strong enough to reach the endgame quest. The impression I got was that ALO was like an "extra" episode to tie up the loose ends from SAO, so it had to be over quickly. The problem with that of course is that SAO itself could have ended just fine without the unexpected problem of Asuna not waking up that's introduced in ALO.

I was fine with Asuna being a damsel in distress because it was made this way so that Leefa could have the spotlight. I don't mind the variety in that. The "meh" part about that is that they did this just to introduce another character/love interest because the NEETs love watching those harem animes. :|

Sky
o senpai >w<
IGN(s): Sky

Postby Sky » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:34 pm

> just to introduce another character/love interest because the NEETs love watching those harem animes. :
Huh, the novel was way out before the anime. More like the author just wanted it. But then again, just the second volume (which was about the events occurred in between the two years) already indicated him wanting kinda harem by introducing those 1 episode etc girls.
Platinum Trophies!
Tales of Graces f (Apr '12), Tekken 6 (May '12), Tales of Xillia (Oct '13)

Yoorah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Yoorah » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:48 pm

I'm sure NEETs love reading those harem mangas/novels just as much. The medium doesn't really matter.

Armelle
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp
IGN(s): Awolkia Armelle

Postby Armelle » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:24 pm

just thought i'd point out that the term neet =/= loserlord harem otaku
though often paired together.

Soluna
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp

Postby Soluna » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:52 pm

;_; There is nothing wrong with Harem...

D x D Season 3 please...

Return to “Anime & Manga”