Tyrfing effect activation

Mabinogi data collection and analysis!
User avatar
Soluna
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp
Posts: 4902
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: Solaris, SunMicros Java

Tyrfing effect activation

Postby Soluna » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:05 am

Those of you who are working after it might want to reconsider this now.

The actual effect will only be activated when you are knocked-out, or dead, though technically you can't "die" (not deadly like as said before). Once you are knocked unconscious, the sword's effect will activate and you can use it for 10 minutes.

If you are knocked-out again in the 10 minutes, the effect will activate again as well.

Source: http://mabinogi.gameabout.com/bbs/view.ga?id=310&row_no=9422

This should be renamed the Sword of Nao... or PVP...
Image

Maalik
Rank F Lorna
Rank F Lorna
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:27 am
IGN(s): Maalik
Server: Ruairi

Re: [Info] Regarding Tyrfing

Postby Maalik » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:45 pm

the sword of the loser.

User avatar
Yoorah
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2339
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:31 am
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari
Contact:

Re: [Info] Tyrfing effect activation

Postby Yoorah » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:46 pm

lol.. well that kind of sucks. Was it changed from activate upon deadly, or was it always like that and just misinterpreted by the community? Is there an official description anywhere? It makes me wonder if it could be a bug.
Image

User avatar
Soluna
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp
Posts: 4902
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: Solaris, SunMicros Java

Re: [Info] Tyrfing effect activation

Postby Soluna » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Yoorah wrote:lol.. well that kind of sucks. Was it changed from activate upon deadly, or was it always like that and just misinterpreted by the community? Is there an official description anywhere? It makes me wonder if it could be a bug.

Yea, official description on the item is when "HP is depleted".
Which... is vague and can go both ways, but it is not like is the first time devCat played with words in descriptions... points at 10% bonus for Fire Alchemy Master title.
Image

User avatar
Craddle
Rank A Dark Lord
Rank A Dark Lord
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:09 pm
IGN(s): Craddle
Server: Mari

Re: [Info] Tyrfing effect activation

Postby Craddle » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Soluna wrote:Once you are knocked unconscious, the sword's effect will activate and you can use it for 10 minutes.

If you are knocked-out again in the 10 minutes, the effect will activate again as well.


Currently in NA, when you die after the effect is activated, the effect timer cancels and resets. Is this a bug as well?
Check out the G16S1 Official Trailer
New Mabinogi Ice Dragon Teaser Trailer pet available in premium shop on 12/20/11.


Image

User avatar
Soluna
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp
Posts: 4902
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: Solaris, SunMicros Java

Re: [Info] Tyrfing effect activation

Postby Soluna » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:06 pm

Craddle wrote:
Soluna wrote:Once you are knocked unconscious, the sword's effect will activate and you can use it for 10 minutes.

If you are knocked-out again in the 10 minutes, the effect will activate again as well.


Currently in NA, when you die after the effect is activated, the effect timer cancels and resets. Is this a bug as well?

Only the developers would know *shrugs*.
A bug is developer intended behavior acting differently than it was suppose to.
I have no idea what the cat is thinking lately ever since they grew that antennae.
Image

User avatar
Craddle
Rank A Dark Lord
Rank A Dark Lord
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:09 pm
IGN(s): Craddle
Server: Mari

Re: [Info] Tyrfing effect activation

Postby Craddle » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Soluna wrote:Only the developers would know *shrugs*.
A bug is developer intended behavior acting differently than it was suppose to.
I have no idea what the cat is thinking lately ever since they grew that antennae.


I guess I should have asked, is that the way it is in foreign servers? Or is it as you described?
Check out the G16S1 Official Trailer
New Mabinogi Ice Dragon Teaser Trailer pet available in premium shop on 12/20/11.


Image


Return to “Data Insight”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest