Tyrfing effect activation

Mabinogi data collection and analysis!
Soluna

Tyrfing effect activation

Post by Soluna »

Those of you who are working after it might want to reconsider this now.

The actual effect will only be activated when you are knocked-out, or dead, though technically you can't "die" (not deadly like as said before). Once you are knocked unconscious, the sword's effect will activate and you can use it for 10 minutes.

If you are knocked-out again in the 10 minutes, the effect will activate again as well.

Source: http://mabinogi.gameabout.com/bbs/view. ... ow_no=9422

This should be renamed the Sword of Nao... or PVP...
Maalik

Re: [Info] Regarding Tyrfing

Post by Maalik »

the sword of the loser.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Re: [Info] Tyrfing effect activation

Post by ferghus »

lol.. well that kind of sucks. Was it changed from activate upon deadly, or was it always like that and just misinterpreted by the community? Is there an official description anywhere? It makes me wonder if it could be a bug.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Yoorah wrote:lol.. well that kind of sucks. Was it changed from activate upon deadly, or was it always like that and just misinterpreted by the community? Is there an official description anywhere? It makes me wonder if it could be a bug.
Yea, official description on the item is when "HP is depleted".
Which... is vague and can go both ways, but it is not like is the first time devCat played with words in descriptions... points at 10% bonus for Fire Alchemy Master title.
Craddle

Post by Craddle »

Soluna wrote:Once you are knocked unconscious, the sword's effect will activate and you can use it for 10 minutes.

If you are knocked-out again in the 10 minutes, the effect will activate again as well.
Currently in NA, when you die after the effect is activated, the effect timer cancels and resets. Is this a bug as well?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Craddle wrote:
Soluna wrote:Once you are knocked unconscious, the sword's effect will activate and you can use it for 10 minutes.

Currently in NA, when you die after the effect is activated, the effect timer cancels and resets. Is this a bug as well?
Only the developers would know *shrugs*.
A bug is developer intended behavior acting differently than it was suppose to.
I have no idea what the cat is thinking lately ever since they grew that antennae.
Craddle

Post by Craddle »

Soluna wrote: Only the developers would know *shrugs*.
A bug is developer intended behavior acting differently than it was suppose to.
I have no idea what the cat is thinking lately ever since they grew that antennae.
I guess I should have asked, is that the way it is in foreign servers? Or is it as you described?