[bug] Sword of Elsinore Dual Wielding

Mabinogi data collection and analysis!
Kenero

[bug] Sword of Elsinore Dual Wielding

Post by Kenero »

Everyone knows that during rain, the Sword of Elsinore loses -50% damage. It makes the sword less than steller when the invisible shadow mission weather affects it.

However there seems to be a glitch using the sword with another weapon.

When the Sword of Elsinore is equipped in the left handed slot along with another sword in the right hand slot like below:

it will cancel out the -50% damage of the sword and allow it to be used fully without any -50% rain penalty. Thus, dual wielding the sword will bring out the sword's full potential when using it.

However it's important to have the Sword of Elsinore in the left hand equipment slot. Why you ask? Here is the damage if you have it on the left hand slot and the right hand slot:

In this picture, the Sword of Elsinore is equipped in the left handed slot along with a 2nd weapon. As you can see, it is currently raining.

In this picture, the Sword of Elsinore is equipped in the right handed slot, with the 2nd weapon in the left handed slot. The damage has been reduced drastically because of the -50% penalty of the weapon during the rain.

So it's very important that during the rain, you equip the Sword of Elsinore in the left handed slot and the 2nd weapon in the right handed slot.

Unless you're a giant or elf, dual wielding during the rain with this sword will help preserve your damage!
Last edited by Kenero on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soluna

Re: [Info] Sword of Elsinore Dual Wielding Bug

Post by Soluna »

Interesting, although the character window has been known to be inaccurate at times.

There is a bug dealing with upcoming content for the metal toolkit in damage displaying in the character window as well as other bug relate to the special skill activations as well.

You might want to be careful playing with the testing of the sword though. There has been story of player lost the sword un-equipping glove while holding the sword or whatever they tried and end up losing the sword completely in TW (In the name of testing, *salutes).
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

Soluna wrote:Interesting, although the character window has been known to be inaccurate at times.

There is a bug dealing with upcoming content for the metal toolkit in damage displaying in the character window as well as other bug relate to the special skill activations as well.

You might want to be careful playing with the testing of the sword though. There has been story of player lost the sword un-equipping glove while holding the sword or whatever they tried and end up losing the sword completely in TW (In the name of testing, *salutes).
I thought so too but I tested it.

When I did smash with the left handed slot, i was able to hit 5.4k crit smash during the rain.

When I did it reverse, I was only able to hit 3.4k crit smash... a big difference during the same rain.

So I have to say it's pretty accurate in terms of damage.

The Sword of Elsinore never seems to drop but when the Rosemary drops, it goes into your equipment. I'm worried what will happen if I don't have the equipment slots to hold the sword when I die.
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

Kenero wrote: The Sword of Elsinore never seems to drop but when the Rosemary drops, it goes into your equipment. I'm worried what will happen if I don't have the equipment slots to hold the sword when I die.
Probably the temporary 5 min inventory window. If you were worried about Rosemary dropping, try sealing it with a scroll i heard it doesnt drop then.
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

Maybe this video will give an insight to damage difference. Load it full screen on 720p. All I did in the video was demonstrate smash and windmill then switch the positions of the weapon. The damage drastically changes.