favorite pokemon?

Post here if you think you can catch em all.
Armelle
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp
IGN(s): Awolkia Armelle
Server: Ruairi

Re: favorite pokemon?

Post by Armelle »

considering you can backtrack to the gen 1 area it adds a nice bit of length to the game imo,i bought soul silver after playing b/w and actually prefer it.
its too bad it didn't get the snazzy animations.
all the music in it made me nostalgia so hard,though. ESPECIALLY in the gen 1 area
Yoorah
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by Yoorah »

.. OK I WILL BUY IT.
Sky
o senpai >w<
IGN(s): Sky

Post by Sky »

B/W just had that dream thing but it's a web feature.
Also, I liked Soul Silver actually. Not only the time when I played competitively, but it also brings back to the old times and hits it pretty well.
Platinum Trophies!
Tales of Graces f (Apr '12), Tekken 6 (May '12), Tales of Xillia (Oct '13)
Soluna
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp

Post by Soluna »

Sky wrote:B/W just had that dream thing but it's a web feature.
Also, I liked Soul Silver actually. Not only the time when I played competitively, but it also brings back to the old times and hits it pretty well.
Just... the dream thing?

It is like one of the biggest feature... with exclusive abilities on Pokemon only obtainable though it... and most of the time very nice abilities at that... and not to mention the GBU.

It actually have Entralink and other things, but given the US environment setup it is harder to put that into actual uses...

It is probably the best connectivity wise so far. But like I said, they are all pretty good and make improvements in the right directions.
Sky
o senpai >w<

Post by Sky »

I haven't actually finished B/W... I'm just half way on it... Since I've been quite busy and I guess my attention span gets spread out fast... Maybe I guess because I've been EV Training while going through the story, lol.
Platinum Trophies!
shadofrak
Rank 4 Spirit Bow
Rank 4 Spirit Bow
IGN(s): shadofrak, miotsumi, shibori

Post by shadofrak »

Sky wrote:I haven't actually finished B/W... I'm just half way on it... Since I've been quite busy and I guess my attention span gets spread out fast... Maybe I guess because I've been EV Training while going through the story, lol.
i beat the main story and found the sages, but i havent done the second elite four run yet
and ive never been one to really bother w/ EV training... you eventually get rich enough to just buy drugs
Sky
o senpai >w<

Post by Sky »

Eh, I'm very positive you can only get up to 100 EV points when you use those vitamins. EV point is capped at 255 (252 essentially) so, yeah... But macho brace / good spots at each city helps make it go faster anyway. But yea, I rotate my pokemon too... Plus there are other things to consider too, such as catching with good natures and IVs.

So yea, I tend to stay up for a while on an area. (I don't max out the EV points right away though, but there's certainly some gaps in between for training).

Oh, and while I''m at it I guess I tend to get all the pokemon around the area asap... And then EV train them if I like their evolution or just regular train to fill up the pokedex evolutions (even though more often than not the evolutions are able to be captured in the later places). Even with noob pokemon I still try to get some good natures / IVs.
Platinum Trophies!
Yoorah
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by Yoorah »

Yesssssssss, it's mineeeeeeeee!

Now I need to find time to play this thing. @_@ Anyone got tips on how to raise an uber Abra/Kadabra? IV training, wuts dat, how2do? Is training with the Pokewalker any good, stat wise?
I was sad when I read the Pokewalker instruction manual and it said the battery in that thing only lasts about 4 months. :(
Sky
o senpai >w<

Post by Sky »

Soul silver hell yes (^_^)-b

Pokewalker, it was cool for the first few days/weeks then it died down... lol.
Pokewalker to me is just pretty much using a rare candy while not playing in game... You can only level up once until you report back to the console... Not much to do there but there are things you can do there as whatever it says in the manual.
EV training, IV stats, and natures. Those things are the doorway to much more in-depth competitive playing! Google them and you'll be playing mad like forever.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_Values
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... ual_values
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

BY THE WAY

GG.
http://kotaku.com/5888311/pokemon-black ... /gallery/1
Platinum Trophies!
Armelle
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp
IGN(s): Awolkia Armelle

Post by Armelle »

so guys,black/white 2 was anounced(wat) and its for the DS,not 3ds,double wat
why did they fuse the legendaries with the ALIEN?

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/25/po ... s-in-june/