Account backup/restoration

Do puzzles and...er, slay dragons here! A forum section for the popular mobile game.
Yoorah
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Account backup/restoration

Postby Yoorah » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:08 pm

Hello PADers,

Just wondering what the considerations are for backing up your account. My phone got the Android 5.0 upgrade today (hooray!!!), and I'm thinking of installing it. Problem is, PAD is not compatible yet and I don't know if it could delete my account due to some glitch. So, I'd like to have a reliable way to back it up.

I believe the Device Change function could accomplish this? Only problem is that it expires after a week and I would have no way to generate a new code. If my account data gets erased and they won't release a 5.0 compatible version of the game within the week, I could be in trouble!

I guess I could also save a copy of my Secret Code and then ask support for assistance, but how good is support for this game? If it's Nexon-grade, I probably wouldn't hold my breath for help in such a situation. D:

Anything else I should keep in mind?

Sky
o senpai >w<
IGN(s): Sky
Server: Ruairi

Re: Account backup/restoration

Postby Sky » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:31 pm

there's a 30 day downtime after you transfer. so you can't transfer again within 30 days; unless maybe exceptions like support ticket. IDK about the support, but I assume they receive very high volumes so I wouldn't want to count on it

but yea, apart from that save all the secret info and stuff
Platinum Trophies!
Tales of Graces f (Apr '12), Tekken 6 (May '12), Tales of Xillia (Oct '13)

Yoorah
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Postby Yoorah » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:15 am

Ended up using the option to sync it to my Google account, which should allow automatic data restoration. o/

Sky
o senpai >w<
IGN(s): Sky
Server: Ruairi

Postby Sky » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:48 am

\o/
Platinum Trophies!
Tales of Graces f (Apr '12), Tekken 6 (May '12), Tales of Xillia (Oct '13)

Return to “Puzzle and Dragons”