PAD x Mario

Do puzzles and...er, slay dragons here! A forum section for the popular mobile game.
Soluna
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp

PAD x Mario

Postby Soluna » Sun May 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Anyone buying this? Is 2 games in one <_<... well really is just one game with different characters... I think Demo has been out for a bit?

I think I will get it just for the animated Healer Girlz and Hera =3=... they are like the only gods in the game anyway...

Armelle
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp
IGN(s): Awolkia Armelle
Server: Ruairi

Re: PAD x Mario

Postby Armelle » Sun May 10, 2015 3:09 pm

i tried the demo out and was honestly kinda disappointed by it.
i mean its a really cool concept. puzzle rpg kinda thing. but it didn't really do anything for me and the game looks overall really cheap budget wise...

how does it compare to actual PAD if i may ask?

Soluna
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp

Postby Soluna » Sun May 10, 2015 4:15 pm

Armelle wrote:how does it compare to actual PAD if i may ask?

Well I assume the demo have both mode PADZ and Mario Edition, I didn't try it so I am not sure.

But pretty much the core game aspect is the same. The main differences? The card units... the actual PAD has a lot more characters and features more gods (mainly Humanoid characters)... but PADZ moves and actual PAD doesn't

I believe another difference would probably be box size and monster obtain method. Actual PAD on the phone is run by magic stones, each time you clear an area you get one stone. Stone can be used to increase your box size (1 stone = 5 more slot) so you can hold more monsters or you can use stone to replenish your stamina to run dungeons and last but not least you can use 5 Stone to gacha a monster (usually play save stones until god festival which has better chance of pulling more powerful monsters aka <_< gods...). Every 50 login you also get 5 or 10 stones (alternates, 50 day login=5 stone, 100 day=10 stone etc...), There's also like events every 1 week and they will be handing out freebies so you will always have stone coming in for you to manage. And of course you can buy stones but most people are against it (though I am not haha :U I play for fun so I am okay with spending). Yune and Yoorah are non-iap for sure, though <_< Yune actually is more successful probably because he plays more but both have some dumb luck getting rare monsters. So the plus side for the 3DS is you probably don't have to deal with this as much...

Another big difference would probably be the content size. Now I know PADZ have DLC contents, well I dunno if that's the right word for it... I should be said that it has special content that offer special monsters for a limited period of time for free (I am pretty sure they re-open periodically) if you beat the level but it's content is no where near as vast as the actual PAD.

Personally, for me to look at this game... since I play PAD already, I look to see what this game offers that PAD doesn't. One is the Mario edition characters, and the other is the animation of the monsters. I am pretty sure there's not much to expect for the story element because I am pretty sure it is just a tact on to make it RPG like. It is also worth noting that both game are sold separately in JP since PADZ was release long ago in JP so... technically the pricing is actually very good <_<... Difficulty wise... I wouldn't know... but I imagine it is nothing like the actual PAD where some of the dungeon are just Brutal and Unforgiving requirement (Yes... I am looking at you Legend PLUS <_<...). Finally... the music... I think PADZ has some pretty nice music...

Personally I would suggest people to play the actual PAD... but for phone game haterz, nothing wrong with PADZ, just less waifus =3=/ (Chinese God Series, PAD TCG):
ImageImageImageImage

I'll end up buying it anyway =3=/... Since I have still balance left after buying Senran Kagura 2 (Which me and Lyr consider the best in the series <_<...).

Armelle
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp

Postby Armelle » Mon May 11, 2015 2:31 pm

demo only had mario but it seems about the same minus the portrait animations
though those looked really weird to me so the static images are actually an improvement imo...
annnd yeah the plot for PADZ does look kinda...uninteresting...

Yoorah
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Postby Yoorah » Mon May 11, 2015 8:24 pm

The nice artwork is the only reason the game is popular on smartphones. Trying to display it on the 3DS' ugly screen isn't going to do the game any favours, lol. I can see this still having some appeal to PAD fans, but that's about it.

Soluna
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp

Postby Soluna » Mon May 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Yoorah wrote:The nice artwork is the only reason the game is popular on smartphones.

That argument would work on any phone game except PAD though XD.

Yoorah wrote:Trying to display it on the 3DS' ugly screen isn't going to do the game any favours, lol. I can see this still having some appeal to PAD fans, but that's about it.

The usual left hook punch at 3DS graphic is getting old <_<.

As for appeal only to PAD fans, that's really all they need... it top'd in sales for the week in JP anyway :U...

On that note I hope we do get those cool event dungeons like JP =3=/

Yoorah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Yoorah » Mon May 11, 2015 9:12 pm

Yea, I suppose. I was more replying to elf-jb's finding the game to not be interesting.

Armelle
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp

Postby Armelle » Tue May 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Yoorah wrote:The nice artwork is the only reason the game is popular on smartphones.

Yoorah wrote:Yea, I suppose. I was more replying to elf-jb's finding the game to not be interesting.

i can assure you me finding the game uninteresting has nothing to do with the artwork.

i'd rather be playing puyopuyo than this.

Yoorah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Yoorah » Tue May 12, 2015 7:01 pm

Point was that if one doesn't care about the artwork/characters, then there's nothing else left to care about. xd

Armelle
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp

Postby Armelle » Tue May 12, 2015 8:57 pm

Yoorah wrote:Point was that if one doesn't care about the artwork/characters, then there's nothing else left to care about. xd

>play puzzle game
>don't care about the puzzles

is this what the mobile game generation is about... (´・ω・`)

Return to “Puzzle and Dragons”