[Testing G16S1] Shoooooryuken

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Yuneiko

Re: [Testing G16S1] Shoooooryuken

Post by Yuneiko »

Lyrrad wrote:Give an MMO too much class freedom? Play Race card for specializations. People complain about inequality.

Where have I seen this before?

You're too slow
Ultimate difficulty says hi to forces with every mob resisting techniques
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Yuneiko wrote: You're too slow
Ultimate difficulty says hi to forces with every mob resisting techniques
:U... You know I still have a Farmer as a Main part of My Party in EO3... and I finished EO1 :]...

K, shifting back into turbo topic, Nexon posted:
*Stamp* Ice Dragon... (inb4 dual mounted Ice Dragon :U).
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Testing 2 Skill Data:
Pounding's Damage should be distributed in 35% 35% 30% Format. Which is Base hit, Additional Hit, Final Blow.

In addition in being distributed base on the 100% format it is also divided between hits, so... an example:
100 Damage with 450% Skill output with 6 base hit + 6 additional hit + 1 final blow -> 450 Damage.

450*0.35/6 = Base hit's damage (~26.5 per hit)
450*0.35/6 = Additional hit's damage (~26.5 per hit)
450*0.3 = Final Blow damage (~135)

Critical is counted separately between Base hits, Additional hits, and Final Blow. Which is to say, if your base hit damage is a critical hit then all 6 of those hits will be critical but your additional hits may not be critical.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Soluna wrote:long post
the point i was trying to make was,the only thing elves can do is magnum or magic,i was hoping they would introduce a skillset that could be universal and somewhat be fun to use.
my main gripe with them is that ranged isnt getting any better either(im reaching my peak and still feel VERY VERY underpowered),and in a game like this where you can spend years getting to level 4k,having multiple character is not something everyone wants to do.
every update in the past year or so outside of the crash and lolsupportshot,and the 100% aim addition,they really have not added a single new thing for me to mess around with as a player(exlcuding life things or merchanting,and gen quests),you could almost call it getting content but not being able to use it with your favorite character.
i knew full well melee would be bad for elves,its usable,but not recommended. this is why martial artist looked so appealing,it was a different skill set relying on will,that is why it was so upsetting.
is that really wrong of me? maybe im tired of only being good at one thing? is it wrong of me to expect my race to get something its GOOD at thats new? that's why i really disliked the race idea to begin with.
i saw all your points coming a mile away,and honestly,any counter arguement i could use against them would be no good,everyone has their own idea of what the game should be like,and ever since c2,its really not gone up or down for me.
sure i got mad at a small thing,i just got sick of it.
not really trying to argue at all honestly,just putting my opinion out.
and to be fair,martial artists never relied on pure STR or "melee power"
one could argue ranged is melee because its in the melee tab,its kind of dumb to classify really.
also,they could very well make great bows for giants and give elves some real melee,nothings stopping them except for i guess the playerbase and themselves,heck if i know what those crazy koreans think of the game anymore.
equality is entirely possible,it just wont happen because...well,i don't even know.
most people i know agree with this and have quit years ago,the only thing keeping me playing it when i even do is the fact it has nice memories to it i guess.
this game is a terribly touchy subject,i mean,if you think about it in the long run,there is no end game,unless you really do rank everything to 1,the real ideas behind the development and what the players want is pretty confusing.
its certinaly not the same game it was 7(kr release-ish) years ago in its combat concept. i think thats my issue,i keep treating it like the game it was,but it just isn't anymore.
also,im not sure why me being buttmad is even worth such a long discussion. i mean,im butt mad about everything in this game,its a love hate relationship. as you can probably tell from every other post ive made here
ANYWAY enough about it.
TlD;R ver:
id like something i could be good at that doesnt need a bow or a wand and is either race specific or universal with no special statuses.
you can say i knew they would be restricted to that,but content is content,a new skill set is entirely possible,they just have not done it yet.
you cant please everyone,and you cant please anyone.

and i guess back on topic,that merrow model looks really nice,to bad im terrible at pmg's with hair frameworks.
and i totally would have got the ice dragon if they had released it when they release the first 2. too late for me to wanna really bother with it after a thunder AND a 2 seater...

i guess i should add this:[spoiler]please dont make more arguements with me,i have poor self restraint,youl just make me post more ;_;[/spoiler]

i wont add another post for the sake of saving spam,but i am grateful they even let me use these,i'm just upset i have not gained anything i could be good at if not better at than the other races aside form what i started out with (kinda like giant lance and giant fist is better,yeah)
everyone wants to feel special,i guess
Last edited by Armelle on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote: also,im not sure why me being buttmad is even worth such a long discussion. i mean,im butt mad about everything in this game,its a love hate relationship. as you can probably tell from every other post ive made here
ANYWAY enough about it.

and i guess back on topic,that merrow model looks really nice,to bad im terrible at pmg's with hair frameworks.
Your points would be much more valid if this was a case that Elves cannot use the skill set, but... it isn't...it is available for all races.
And the current skill sets would surpass the melee capabilities for existing elves.

The only thing you can argue with is the damage bonus from Chain Mastery at the moment, which... is not a very solid argument because this is for THIS update only. Who is not to say the next gen they release a Whip weapon that deals melee damage based on dex and giants get weaker bonuses or a Scythe weapon that deals magic damage based on str.

And no, equality is never possible, not in real life, nor in fantasy. Yea, I said it... go ahead and believe the President of the United State is as "EQUAL" as you... that's why he gets a private jet and have bodyguards when he goes out (Where's mine?). The moment there is difference, there is no equality. They are the opposite by logic. It would be an nice thing to have? Maybe... I wouldn't know... look at communism.

Is there end game? Of course there is, is when the game ends. Did it end yet? No... so there is no end game yet... Does end game even matter? With G1's structure the game would have ended long ago because you know what it would be like? Ever player with exactly same skills and same stats using the same weapons. It would be probably one of the only game where when you play to the end, everyone is exactly the same.

I can understand people's frustrations over not being able to use certain skills or "out-damage" certain class or race, but it is the same for everyone. Just because there's a particular update deal with a particular class or race doesn't mean there won't be a next one favor yours. I mean look at the alchemists, what have they gotten with nerfs after nerfs after nerfs after nerfs o hey Spirit Cylinder!

The point is elf can chose the destiny and use the skills, elf transformation gets the best damage bonus out of all 3 races and it is the best melee capable skill for them so far. So what if there is a 20% penalty, in the end is the same skills minus the damage difference.

I mean what do I know, I am only a human who stayed with paladin.

Memories? What memories... I can't remember anything that's memorable in the game. Friends? What friends? Shut down the computer and you won't ever hear from them again...

You may think is that that 20% difference should be removed, but when you do that, there will also be people in the other side that will disagree with you. This is the same for every update after G3. This will never disappear, it is the only reason I want to point out from your original post because when you scatter the players into different categories and attempt to equalize the populations between the different categorization or that is to say, classes, there will be conflicts. Plenty people have make their own fantasy dream updates for the future and I can guarantee you that there will never be a single one without an negative voice against them. I sympathize with game developers, I really do.

Just be glad there's new skill everyone can use and its fancy doing it. I don't believe there's anything to get so angry over with. If you want the fun factor I wouldn't see why less damage is worse, because it means you can chain more hits as oppose to 1 hit K.O.

For the Merrow thing... I was going to do something other thing with it... but it turned out bad... so... yea, I am not that great with the models either...

And is okay, I have restraining powers and not afraid to use it =D
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote:Everyone wants to feel special,i guess
That's why equality cannot exist =) /pat. No one is saying you're wrong to be angry with it, just don't go overboard.
Btw this is only testing... watch when it goes live it is giant only destiny XD.

On the side note:
it would appear they changed the Patience Title from +100 Will to 55 Will, and modified some of the Testing 1 Enchants' property.
And if you haven't figure out who Merrow is... is probably the generation boss...
*P.S. Good Kids don't highlight posts
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

soooooooo skipping long argumentative posts...
Soluna wrote: Counter Prep time: from 0.5 -> 0.3 Seconds with Knuckles (already shown in video...)
D: so counter load time only decreases w/ knuckles? boo...

btw we shud definitely make an argument section on the forums :P
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

shadofrak wrote:soooooooo skipping long argumentative posts...
Soluna wrote: Counter Prep time: from 0.5 -> 0.3 Seconds with Knuckles (already shown in video...)
D: so counter load time only decreases w/ knuckles? boo...

btw we shud definitely make an argument section on the forums :P
Yes, but you cannot load counter when you get attacked by enemy if equipping Knuckles.

I dunno what you been reading but I wasn't arguing with Mia... I was telling her no reason to get so angry.
I understand her points and agree she has the right to be angry, but I don't think to it should be to such a degree.
Sig is angry too, why should Giant only knuckle be opened to the Humans and Elves, it was one of their specialty. And I agree with that also.
But the point is, is pointless to argue these things because you never know what will happen in the next patch.

Mia is right, playing for so many years is a big investment and it stinks when it fails; That's why you want to be something that's adaptable to change.
in Mabi's terms it would be Dark Knight vs Paladin. You can invest in Dark Knight which you can get a big 360% boost depended by the system and use that or you can choose to investment in Paladin and get the averaged 250 stat boost and choose any of the form of combat you want.

If there is anything a forum needs, it is a complain section, where people go complain and only real bored people would go there and complain back or sympathized people posting "Yea, that sux, I think so too.".

Arguments in Mabi usually just revolve repeating the same thing over and over again and you can never anything out of it. Just look at at the Dark Knight vs. Paladin since G3, is been ages and to this day people will still argue on it. It was on my "The 10 most controversial arguments on Mabi to Avoid" (No, I am not gonna tell you the other 9).
Yuneiko

Post by Yuneiko »

Food grinding vs AP grinding
Which goddess would give best oppai
Which NPC would give best oppai
Which goddess is your waifu
Which NPC is your waifu

I can't think of 4 more controversies
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

don't think this was posted yet
new login screen,posting only url cause i play at too high a res...
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3310 ... 381588.jpg