[Testing G16S1] Shoooooryuken

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Panda-Fire

Re: [Testing G16S1] Shoooooryuken

Post by Panda-Fire »

I've got a question. In the beginning posts, it's stated that 1920 AP is required to max out all the skills. I just added up all the individual AP costs of each ranks in the first post, and got 1892 AP. I got the following total value for each skill

Knuckle mastery - 157
Chain Mastery - 148
Back Step - 148
Dash Punch - 122
Charging Fist - 122
Screw Uppercut - 180
Somersault - 180
Drop Kick - 270
Medication - 295
Pounding - 270?

So which is the correct total AP for G16 skills?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Panda-Fire wrote:I've got a question. In the beginning posts, it's stated that 1920 AP is required to max out all the skills. I just added up all the individual AP costs of each ranks in the first
So which is the correct total AP for G16 skills?
Err it is 1920, I never typed out Pounding in the first page because it wasn't out in the first testing. I did type up back flip's data wrong though.

Regardless, the total AP you want is:
Chain : Dash Punch (AP: 122)
Chain : Charging Fist (AP: 122)
Chain : Screw Upper (AP: 180)
Chain : Somersault (AP: 180)
Chain : Drop Kick (AP: 270)
Chain : Pounding (AP: 270)
Self Medication (AP: 295)
Back Step (AP: 176)
Chain Mastery (AP: 148)
Knuckle Mastery (AP: 157)

Anyway side-notes is KR is having the G16 update 12/20 and JP and TW is receiving G15S2 today. Where JP's patch contain some fixes to Partner System Bugs and TW is getting a Meet the Developer Team Event type of thing.

So... err... guess Macbeth will be played out by... Lugh...
O...
And here's the Trailer:
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Soluna wrote:So... err... guess Macbeth will be played out by... Lugh...
So...aside from how silly that sounds,is it before or after his G1+ escapades?

i examined his face reall close in that picture where his mask gets broken,his eyebrows were...different...
its like,it's similar,but i think they drew him older in the new one.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote: So...aside from how silly that sounds,is it before or after his G1+ escapades?

i examined his face reall close in that picture where his mask gets broken,his eyebrows were...different...
its like,it's similar,but i think they drew him older in the new one.
I have no idea if it will be a flash back BUT, if is NOT, then they better explain this cutscene in G3, because the Fragrarach is clearly with Ruairi.

What's this sword?

…A promise from the past, Ruairi.

...the power to punish the world...?

...it starts with this....
...this is the sword that determined my fate
From here on out, this will guide you to immense power.

...you know about this...sword?

...Pra...garah... it can't be... it's Pragarah. The holy sword that the Knight of Light used in that deadly war against the Fomors. (Pragarah is NA translation, also known as Fragrarach).

...If you're talking about this sword, yes I still vividly remember the stories behind this.

...I've heard of the story a million times.
The story of a great warrior who courageously fought against the Fomors and managed to turn the tide of the war in our favor...

The hero who is referred to in reverence as the Knight of Light,
saving the humanity from all things evil...
and, the holy sword that carried the deed of the said hero...

…you must have really liked that story.
It's nothing more than a praise song for a hero...

Wait...!!!
The reason I strived to become a Paladin… was because of him.
I promised myself to live the life of that hero.
I truly believed my calling was to protect those in need...

…Lugh Lavada, the Knight of Light...
Is that really…you?
But then... why...?

…I think you're missing the boat, Ruairi. ([s]No he didn't... he got on in time in G8...[/s])
…I may have been called that in the past.
Alas, I have disowned that name a long time ago.
…Do not… ever… call me by that name again.

I am...
...Morgant the Dark Lord.

It probably will be flash back though... probably... All I know is the sword will definitely be part of the story probably in RP or something... it is a 2hand sword so... Is kinda funny because back in the days of G3 it was presented with the claymore model.

But even then... if is a flash back it wouldn't make sense because it was said Lugh had blonde hair, unless he can go Super Saiyan or something... It... doesn't match the in game book descriptions of Lugh.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Soluna wrote:But even then... if is a flash back it wouldn't make sense because it was said Lugh had blonde hair, unless he can go Super Saiyan or something... It... doesn't match the in game book descriptions of Lugh.
Alot of people confuse white for blonde or bleach blonde,but i don't really think that's the case here...
come to think of it,he would be older than most of the books would describe him i think by now?
he could have gotten old :l
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Armelle wrote:So...aside from how silly that sounds,is it before or after his G1+ escapades?
This is assuming he isn't a flashback, in G9 they referenced you killing Glas in G1. G15 happened after G11. So that would mean G1 was before G16. Whether this is Lugh before or after G1 will depend on if this is a flashback or not.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote: Alot of people confuse white for blonde or bleach blonde,but i don't really think that's the case here...
Nope, it is not the case~

These are some of the passages from the Forgotten Legend of Fiodh Forest in game:
Lugh's Disappearance---

This news soon spread to Lugh who was devoting himself to the reconstruction of the human land. Once he heard that Fiodh forest was closed off, he loudly lamented in a language that no one could understand. Then leaving all his servants and handing over his throne, he suddenly went off and disappeared. People praised the legacy he left and waited for his return, but Lugh never returned and the kingdom was ruled once again by common people.

After hearing this story, I asked the man who told me the story. "I am already well aware of the curse regarding Fiodh forest, so why are you telling me all this?" The man smiled and told me. He said that the story contains a hidden legend. He then asked if I wasn't curious to know what happened after. Then he continued with the story.

The Story After---
Not too long after humans were kicked out of Fiodh forest, someone spotted a man with beautiful golden hair in a shaggy robe near the forest. This man seemed to be clueless of the dreadful curse of the forest as he walked straight in the forest unconcerned whether people were watching him or not.

As the enraged forest was about to kick the man out and the animals ready to attack him, he said something incomprehensible in Imp language and revealed his white armor underneath his shaggy robe. His white armor that shone with such brilliant light was so bright and beautiful that it filled up the eyes of the person watching him from afar. He then stood there for a few moments then lamented loudly as he mumbled something in human language.

The victory of mankind
is no longer given any kind of honor,
and only the broken promise
pierces deep in the heart like a broken blade.
Since I don't deserve to wear this
armor you have blessed
let all things pure and clean
return to the forest.

With those words, the armor evaporated and disappeared like the morning fog and the distraught golden haired man slowly turned around with a grief written all over his face. His face was filled with such deep sorrow that it even made the person watching tear up.

Just then, all of a sudden, the tree branches began rustling as they moved. It was as if the forest was inviting the young man in as the branches moved left and right, spitting apart like a wave. Then a strikingly beautiful woman who seemed to be not of this world appeared from the opened path and faced the young man. The person observing this entire scene could not recognize this woman, but he assumed that if there was a Spirit governing the forest, it must be someone like her. The golden haired young man followed her into the forest. The man watching was taken aback and tried to call out to the young man but it was too late. The man was already swallowed up by the forest and the open pathway closed back up in a blink of an eye as if nothing had happened.

And here is some passage about Lugh from the book The Hero of Mag Tuireadh: The Knight of Light, Lugh:
The earliest confirmed record we have of him is after the first Mag Tuireadth war. It is said that he appeared in Erinn during the reign of King Breath and received great admiration and praise because of his exceptional combat skills and his valor. This record is also famous for being the first document to contain Lugh's entire name, "Lugh Lamhfhata" in its entirety. Considering his mysterious past that no one seems to know, some people even say that Lugh was sent from heaven by the Goddess of War to save mankind.

Lugh, who was serving as a local military officer during the tyrannical rule of King Breath, caught the attention of Airget-lamh, the wise King Nuadha. He then battled against the Fomors on several occasions, becoming the commander in chief in control of all of Tuatha de Dananns.

When the second war of Mag Tuireadh broke out, Lugh defeated Balor, the Fomor king, and put an end to the long war between humans and Fomors.

The strength of the Fomors during that time was unparalleled in history, and despite the heroics of Nuadha, it seemed impossible to even put a dent in their army. Also, the corrupted sage Jabchiel began attacking certain regions of Erinn using the Eweca's Moon-Rock and the situation for the human race seemed bleak. However, Lugh was able to persuade the Spirits, Imps, and the Fir Borgs, who fought against the Tuatha de Dananns in a great war, to help fight against the Fomors. The shiny armor that Lugh wore and his weapon Brionac(*cough *cough how many legendary weapon can a guy have.) were all made with the blessing of the Spirit, and without their help, it would've been impossible to gain victory in the war even with Lugh's preparation and leadership.

Following the war, Lugh, the Knight of Light, succeeded deceased Nuadha's throne, becoming the leading figure of Tuatha de Denanns and reigned over the Aliech Kingdom.

Though his accomplishments as a King after the war is praiseworthy, many people will remember him for being the courageous leader during the time of war. They will always remember his fierce countenance and his shiny armor, the Knight of Light.

They say that after Lugh accomplished many things as a King, he handed over the throne and suddenly disappeared(Deals with the book on The Forgotten Legend of Fiodh Forest). However, he is not far away. He will forever remain a hero in our hearts as the Knight of Light. And we believe that when Tuatha de Dannans are in danger again, he will come again and rescue us.

Yea... some people praise how good the storyline C3 was, in reality, it is probably the worst because it conflicted with like every single story details the C1 has setup.

Regardless, won't know until the update is actually out. As for the age thing not ruling out they gonna make Lugh a Millietian (but that doesn't make sense either lol) or making Lugh demi-god so he age slower or whatever...

And his last words in G3 was:
[Morgant]
…I cannot see what the future holds for you.
But I can tell you this. Light and darkness…those are two different names of the same thing.
…The moment God enters the picture of the humans in the name of goodness and justice...
…you will run into me again.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

And I forgot to mention this out, I did in the guild section...

But, about Tory Ravine, it is based on Tory Island

And it is this:
In the apocryphal history of Ireland, Lebor Gabála Érenn, Tory Island was the site of Conand's Tower, the stronghold of the Fomorians, before they were defeated by the Nemedians in a great battle on the island. The later Fomorian king Balor of the evil eye also lived here. Balor would imprison Ethlinn(Lugh's mother) in a tower built atop Tor Mór (or Túr Mór in Old Irish, meaning The High Tower). Tor Mór is the island's highest point.

A monastery was founded on Tory in the 6th century by Colmcille. The monastery dominated life on the island until 1595, when it was plundered and destroyed by English troops, waging a war of suppression against local chieftains. The monastery's bell tower is the largest structure to survive and was built in the 6th or 7th century.

And this is from Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tory_Island).
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Soluna wrote:As for the age thing not ruling out they gonna make Lugh a Millietian (but that doesn't make sense either lol)
Well,it's not like millietians don't age. if anything they age faster than the npcs,whether he rebirths at 20 all the time or even can rebirth is another issue(if they made him a millietian).
Buuut as you said i guess it's hard to figure out where he will come into this until its actually out.
Last edited by Armelle on Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Lugh is one of the lower-tiered gods who doesn't falsely claim to be a god. (Like some people, *cough*. He is called a god in some places ingame.) Even mythology supports this as he is the grandson of the infamous Balor, as you said.