[Testing G16S1] Shoooooryuken

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Zeo

Re: [Testing G16S1] Shoooooryuken

Post by Zeo »

Martial arts skill still be useful for elves. Only the different is the slight percent change in between for each race. Don't get why people are over-exaggerating over this.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Pyro wrote:
Soluna wrote:Elves (Yes, the worst of all...)
Where's that quote from?...
Chain Mastery Difference. Which I fail to see the frustration over with, because:
1). No fighter will be wearing heavy armor to begin with...
2). 10% damage difference between the 3 races are barely noticeable...
3). Majority of the elves players wouldn't even bother with this skill set's damage more than its will stat bonus... (in terms of players).
shadofrak wrote:loving the reduced load time for counter, great for magic counter whichisreallytheonlythingimgoodatstoplaughing...
No... you don't even need to do magic counter anymore...

~Now getting back on track~

More skill change detail
Counter Prep time: from 0.5 -> 0.3 Seconds with Knuckles (already shown in video...)
Dash/Charging Punch: Distance 500 -> 700 at Rank 1
Self-Medication: 24Hp, 2Injury, 16 Stamina per sec for 5 sec at Rank 1 -> 15HP, 0injury, 15 Stamina per sec for 5 sec at Rank 1
Somersault Ill Status Time: 60sec -> 40sec at Rank 1
Pounding: Base Hit 8 + Additional Hit 8 -> Base Hit 10 + Additional Hit 10. (I believe additional hit is the time where you have to press F2 Continuously... to do more hits.)
Basically, majority skill also got stamina usage reduced and Chain Level 2 and 3 skills got 5 and 10 sec cool down reductions respectively.
Back step is the only skill didn't receive any sort of change.

There's some new enchants... other than the 1st testing ones (Yes, I know I didn't post them, I will later)
Lucid, Indomitable, Overcoming

Skatha Trade Items are obtained from Monsters that appears when fishing at the cliffs and other field monsters. Defeat them and you have a chance at obtaining the trade goods:
cane of temptation ---> Forest Trolls
crystal blade ---> from Crystal Golems etc...(I don't feel safe roaming around that new map... with my stats...)
element of river ---> Female Sahagins
tear of tide ---> Ocean Trolls
star of abyss
night sky hide
unidentified fish
sorcerer's stone (philosopher's stone)
*All these items are NOT Pet-able or Trade-able.

*P.S.: Forgot to mention there's a new title apparently, King of Fighter (Fighter King) +70 Will. (And it would appears I was right in 3Will =1Max, 3.5Will=1Min).
Also, those new Knuckles, Wing Staff, Mercy Mace, Masterpiece Bow etc... are NOT Fomor Weapons, so you can't enchant Fomor Enchants on them even though they are sold in the Fomor Shops (For those who didn't realize yet).
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Just a little more on the Skill Damages:
It would appear that Chain Mastery's bonus is multiplied to the damage modifiers of the Chain Skills.
So say Chain Mastery gives 20% bonus damage on 300% dash punch it would be 360% instead of 320%.

For skills like Somersault, the damage is distributed to between the consecutive hits in 20% 20% 60% fashion.
So if Somersault does say 280% damage, it would be 280%*0.2 for first kick, 280%*0.2 for second kick, 280%*0.6; The formula is not 280% + 280% + 280% for 3 kicks.

For Pounding's damage should be something similar with a final blow being more powerful; when you activate the skill, you will have to pres F2 continuously to gain additional hits.
At low rank it gives you 6 base hits + 6 additional hits (meaning you have to press 6 times to get the 6 additional hits). At rank 1 you have to press 10 times to get the 10 additional hits?
Need more testing on how exactly damage on this works but the monster server seemed to have died... and is late anyway.

Kinda hard to test for damage accuracy of these with low balances...
O, and the chance to inflict the reduce def/pro and seal alchemy/magic with the Screw Uppercut and Somersault is 80% at rank 1.

That's all

El Psy Congroo
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Testing 2 Enchants:

Lucid Prefix Rank A
Mag Atk +2 When Thunder Rank 5+
Mana +15 When Fireball Rank 5+
Foot Gear

Indomitable Prefix Rank 5
When in Self-Medicate Condition Will +27
Foot Gear
Enchant Regardless Rank

Overcoming Suffix Rank 6
When in Self-Medicate Condition Will +21
Foot Gear
Enchant Regardless Rank
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Spoiler Alert!! Oops Too Late...
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

What exactly is her significance? The files claim her to be a Merrow. (The wikipedia claiming it to be mermaid...)
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Pyro wrote:What exactly is her significance? The files claim her to be a Merrow. (The wikipedia claiming it to be mermaid...)
Tattoo on her leg should answer your question...Where have you seen it before?
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Zeo wrote:slight percent change in between for each race. Don't get why people are over-exaggerating over this.
You have to realize,there are so many tiny "percent changes" for elves as of right now,there is nothing worth doing other than spamming magnum or crash shot.
Soluna wrote:3). Majority of the elves players wouldn't even bother with this skill set's damage more than its will stat bonus... (in terms of players).
Because every player wants to just used ranged,and magic(big no thank you to magic) and please do not mention alchemy,i know you better than that solar.
shadofrak wrote:but we can also bring up the argument that giant will forever be weak in range
They were technically compensated for that via herp de derp javarins--and they really don't even need range,giants are the strongest race as of right now,the only thing the other 2 races have going as of right now is a tiny bit of diversity.

i admittedly wish the races did not exist,but i jumped on the elf bandwagon because they appealed to me,unfortunately devcat has done nothing but run them into the ground,i'm sure there is a buncha players that will go "oh god shes wrong" when i say this,but elves truly are the most miserable,weak,limited,race.

I kept hoping they'd at least give me some more diversity later on,the moment i heard this used will i was excited,but the moment i saw that,i just could not stand it anymore,and this is only the beginning as well,whats to stop them from lowering the other skills? we already miss out on what 2 or 3 will skills,one being lance the other i forget.

As tiny as it may be a change,it was the last straw for me,anyway,now that that is out of my system,continue your thread. I'm out of here.

this is really just a matter of efficiency and diversity for me,and i wont be getting either as they went and made racial bonuses(ill admit giving the giants more was reasonable though,they were the ones who had fists originally.).

i guess what i want is some equality,lol elfinist.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote:You have to realize,there are so many tiny "percent changes" for elves as of right now,there is nothing worth doing other than spamming magnum or crash shot.
And it is worth for Giants to do javelin? Even that BIG 900% percentage is useless with pitiful damage.
Armelle wrote:Because every player wants to just used ranged,and magic(big no thank you to magic) and please do not mention alchemy,i know you better than that Solar.
Which part of the word "Majority" skipped passed you? And I am merely stating logical player norm, even if is a fact you dislike.
Armelle wrote:They were technically compensated for that via herp de derp javarins--and they really don't even need range,giants are the strongest race as of right now,the only thing the other 2 races have going as of right now is a tiny bit of diversity.
Giant javelin cannot even be compare to range skill, maybe if you remove its cool-downs and at best it is melee ranged skill (literally is...). And what's the with argument on they don't need range skill? It can be said the same that why do elf need melee when they got range?
Armelle wrote:i admittedly wish the races did not exist,but i jumped on the elf bandwagon because they appealed to me,unfortunately devcat has done nothing but run them into the ground,i'm sure there is a buncha players that will go "oh god shes wrong" when i say this,but elves truly are the most miserable,weak,limited,race.
Appealed because of what? Is Fun? Why is it Fun?

I have read enough posts from KR to JP to TW to CH to NA (Nope.. sorry no EU, maybe next time). This mental idea of FAIRNESS and EQUALITY has to stop okay? WHY? You said it yourself: Players want Diversity.
You cannot have diversity with equality. And this ended in C1... when G3 introduced Dark Knights. You just can't have it by logic. Even if you make the damage modifier the same for the different skills, Smash and Magnum is by far the same. Stopping asking devCat to do the impossible.

(Watch, this will drag out the Patchy)
The only reason there was race introduced was because the "Class-less" based philosophy. C2 was smart enough not to introduce Class-Restriction to the game like what C4 did to "displease" the player base. Regardless what people believe, the game is very class based now. Will a Warrior rank Hailstorm over ranking Combat Mastery or Assault Slash? I hope not.

By design, Elves are to receive less bonus from melee combat. Whether People like it or not, Fighter Skill IS melee, using Will stats and not Str. And Giants by far are weaker in ranged combat and less gifted for magic. Human and Elves should just be glad they made a race only weapon: the knuckle to all races because of the new skills.

Regardless, I am not going to go in to details because it will just be the same points illustrated over and over again and again; It will just be like in the KR, TW, CH, JP posts except in different language, namely English.

But bottom line is this:
Players played elves made a choice, they knew their melee combat will pale in comparison than the other two. Players played giants made a choice, they knew they will never see a day they can get a practical ranged skill. Players played human made a choice, they knew their APs will never be enough to rank all stupid skills they can use. You win some and you lose some. And the last time I checked the equation, Damage = Fun is by far the only equation to get it.
Lyrrad

Post by Lyrrad »

Give an MMO too much class freedom? Play Race card for specializations. People complain about inequality.

Where have I seen this before?