[TW] Developer Player Cosplay Party

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

[TW] Developer Player Cosplay Party

Post by Soluna »

So... they held a similar event like in JP / KR, where player get to dine with the developers and ask questions.

And I'll skip it directly to the interesting parts, which is the questions and answers (just the ones I seen asked):

1.Will Water Cannon get area effects?
Ans: After G16 is over, we will go back to alchemy and make new contents and make more game skill related balances.

2.Shadow Mission's Skeleton Lancer have Halberds/Spears, will there be possibility to add similar weapon in the future for players?
Ans: We don't plan to have that implemented

3.When will the after story of Ruairi, Triona and other NPC be told?
Ans: We'll slowly finish up the story for the NPC that were not finished and make connection between them.

4. After Shadow Mission was out, fewer players goes to dungeons anymore, will there be updates to this problem?
Ans: We are aware of this problem, and we plan on change this.

5. There's only not much new monster AI, can there be some new AI?
Ans: Do you guys want to die a lot like in the past?
Players: Yes!!!
Ans: We'll see what we can do.

6. Many NPC all have their theme, why doesn't Cichol have one?
Ans: We wanted to give the best music to him, we'll make it right away after we go back to KR.

7. Part time jobs feels being neglected due to so many new content can you increase the rewards for doing it?
Ans: We'll try to make changes in the future.

8. Can we have livestock in homestead
Ans: We haven't thought about that yet.

9. Mabinogi have very interesting stories, is there plan on making Anime or manga on it?
Ans: We already have mangas released in KR, if TW like to have it too we'll see if we can release it in TW as well.

Mmm... might post some screen shots later... kinda busy doing other things today.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Re: [TW] Developer Player Party

Post by ferghus »

So alchemy is not forgotten. Yay!
Hopefully, their "balancing" doesn't mean nerfing more. <<;
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Soluna wrote:1.Will Water Cannon get area effects?
Ans: After G16 is over, we will go back to alchemy and make new contents and make more game skill related balances.
if you can make the skills worth ranking by all means rebalance them,doubt they can make me rank them aside from alchemy wall though.
come to think of that i stopped at R4...well,i guess when i get into wood rubban i can use the excess wood on that(if i even have any...)
Soluna wrote:3.When will the after story of Ruairi, Triona and other NPC be told?
Ans: We'll slowly finish up the story for the NPC that were not finished and make connection between them.
hopefully it isn't as messy as what they did to Ruairi in g8.
Soluna wrote:4. After Shadow Mission was out, fewer players goes to dungeons anymore, will there be updates to this problem?
Ans: We are aware of this problem, and we plan on change this.
well at least they are guna do something about it
Soluna wrote:Ans: We wanted to give the best music to him, we'll make it right away after we go back to KR.
i think they just spoiled their next big boss,either that or they are guna give him some cutscene theme song like nuadhas
Aegis

Re: [TW] Developer Player Cosplay Party

Post by Aegis »

Soluna wrote: 5. There's only not much new monster AI, can there be some new AI?
Ans: Do you guys want to die a lot like in the past?
Players: Yes!!!
Ans: We'll see what we can do.
On enemy spawn set random AI pattern for enemies with same skills. Lancer suddenly starts acting like a Goblin hunter and another lancer has default lancer AI. Or a green snake with a crag cow AI.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Yoorah wrote:So alchemy is not forgotten. Yay!
Hopefully, their "balancing" doesn't mean nerfing more. <<;
By the time G16 changes, the team may be changed... just saying... and it should be best interpreted as we don't plan to do anything with it now.

Anyway, adding on photos from players:
The event took at a Maid Cafe and the decorations were changed to fit Mabi's themes
(hiding maids)
Image Image

Since it was a cosplay party, players attending it were required to cosplay. The TW staffs (left 2) with KR developers (right 3) decided to cosplay too.

The KR developer wanted to surprise the players with the cosplay. Little did he know the real Cichol showed up...
Image Image

Hostess of the event dressed as Black Succubus

Some other cosplay of the players

There were mini games such as make something Mabi with provided food such as raisins, marsh mellow, and fruits, and look what one table made!

Everyone attended the event (limited numbers) received a bottle of MP and SP soda.

P.S. Cichol drinks MP potions...

Make sure you rank potion making, of you can't really make HP MP potion by mixing them

Gifts and Schwags given out to the players:
Mabi USB drive

Mabi poker cards

Nao Figurine with signature of the developer

Gamania Shop Bag, Bean Rua Mug

Mabi Accessory Item

In game item codes

K... I am out~
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

would be interesting to have something like this in america
...like it would ever happen...
Alarya

Post by Alarya »

shadofrak wrote:would be interesting to have something like this in america
...like it would ever happen...

Ha! Because it won't. ;_;
Yuneiko

Post by Yuneiko »

maek a successful meido cafe in amerika then we'll talk nerdy stuff happenin
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

so thirsty...hotkeys...bro~ken~
i'd totally go to an event like this if it were within reasonable distance.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote: so thirsty...hotkeys...bro~ken~
i'd totally go to an event like this if it were within reasonable distance.
I am BAAAAAAK~
Stamina Potion QQ

Late night update time! =P

So, here's the articles written by reporters who attended the event.

About G16---
G16's update will revolve around martial arts combats and the conflict between gods and Milletians drawn out by Shakespeare. The new close combat was developed to add more combo actions in the game because player have complained the fighting is stale and not as exciting as fast paced actions. Thus, these new set of kill is introduced to steer away from the old close combat of single stand point and use e.g. windmill 1 point vs. smash -> leap 2 points. For these skills they have researched a lot of combat game and real martial artist for the in game movements (yea.. like we can't tell already...). As for skill balances, there will continue to be many changes made because it will affect the game balance. In addition, plans on improving homestead, housing, guild system are also on schedule but no detailed plans yet; it is expected to have details released to the public next year's first half. When asked about will there be new system and improvements to more lifeskill, it was mentioned that G16 will focus on the story and martial arts, so nothing for those are planned.

Mabinogi in 2012---
When asked about Mabi's 2012 plans, developer revealed that besides G16, they are also aware the game has many content and is hard to have players to interact with all the aspects. Therefore, they will head in the direction to help players have easier times to interact with it. The developer also gave out hints that there will be BIGGER UPDATES than the normal Generation and Seasonal Updates, but details can't be given now. This BIG UPDATE is scheduled for KR in summer next year, and 2013 winter for TW. In addition, he also mentioned that because Mabinogi's content have gotten so big, they also plan on improve the client programs on making its workload lighter. Other plans also include to have Mabinogi Trail version released.

Full Metal Alchemist Collaboration---
Developer reveals that TW may be able to get the Full Metal Alchemist updates and will continue to work with Gamania to make it possible.

Developer Stories---
When incorporating Shakespeare into Mabi, the Game Planner Team and the Program Development team both went to read Shakespeare literature. However, the two teams read different ones and the Planner Team think one NPC should be Female while the Development Team think the NPC should be Male. In the end they decided to make it female due to more feminine contents.

Making Clear on Destiny System---
Many players are worried the Destiny system will become Job/Class system in the end, the developer wants to say that they wouldn't call it Job/Class; Mabinogi already have too many skills and new players often are not sure which skills to use. That's why they wanted to add the system, to help players familiarize with certain sets of skills. In addition, they might add a Master/Apprentice System in the future as well.

Developers on Partner System---
When ask what's the plan on this, the developer reveal that, they do want to improve and add on to it. Therefore, like the homestead, housing, guild system,there will be more content on it. they can't give out the direction they are heading butt, it could be a new race (Partner only race...?), new appearances, or both.