[NewYears Update] This is the Year of Dragon, Are You Ready?

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
nandattebayo

Re: [NewYears Update] This is the Year of Dragon, Are You Re

Post by nandattebayo »

Soluna wrote:
meren wrote:I got a Rainbow Beam Sword HE & Red Beam Sword from this event, now I have lost all motivation to grind for caladbolg :lol:
That's ironic, because on this side people have Caladbolg already.
Doubt theirs are legit.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

nandattebayo wrote: Doubt theirs are legit.
Okay, you are right it is not "legit", but... they probably didn't care about it in the first place.

In the age of piracy, no one cares about things being legit, hohoho...
meren

Post by meren »

Soluna wrote:
meren wrote:I got a Rainbow Beam Sword HE & Red Beam Sword from this event, now I have lost all motivation to grind for caladbolg :lol:
That's ironic, because on this side people have Caladbolg already.
So far I haven't seen anyone here with a caladbolg (or seen anyone selling), but I'm sure someone has one that's legit, just that I haven't seen it. 40m ducats is very possible if you grind commerce non stop since day 1.

Considering R6 weapons are better in general, there's not much incentive to grind for one (legit) or risk getting account locked by getting a duped one. In TW, gamania WILL lock your account if you possess any duped items, innocent or not they do not care. You have to write them an email and agree to let them remove all duped items to get your account restored.

In case you are wondering, yes we do have customer service here, unlike nexcon. And they actually respond to your email (not copy/pasting reply template).
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

I think we have discussed gamania so many times now that there isn't anything we don't know about it(especially me who has experience with them,not sure if solar did or not but he does get information there often.)
they might have some customer service but,they really are one of the worst cash shop...lol garapon dragons...

Now that I think about it,wasn't outer space stuff guna be NA's exclusive content? I thought I read that somewhere...
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

meren wrote: So far I haven't seen anyone here with a caladbolg (or seen anyone selling), but I'm sure someone has one that's legit, just that I haven't seen it. 40m ducats is very possible if you grind commerce non stop since day 1.

Considering R6 weapons are better in general, there's not much incentive to grind for one (legit) or risk getting account locked by getting a duped one. In TW, gamania WILL lock your account if you possess any duped items, innocent or not they do not care. You have to write them an email and agree to let them remove all duped items to get your account restored.

In case you are wondering, yes we do have customer service here, unlike nexcon. And they actually respond to your email (not copy/pasting reply template).
O... they are there... as for possible or not... sure, but the problem is the grind non stop part... I am sure anyone who grinded a bit can tell you... is not likely with the "non-stop".

But yea, not all TW people sell item in game for game currency you see, they sell it on number webs, they actually convert it to real money... and you can actually use real money to purchase rank 1 reforged gears and the like, but err you know there's risk and the "legitimacy" issues, but if people really cared it wouldn't existed just like NX buying and Gold buying.

As for the points on Caladbolg being useful or not... strictly speaking is probably not that useful... consider the thunder effect knocks down/away 1 random enemy... err is kinda gimmicky and not really that useful... but hey it is a good weapon with decent stats, does it worth 40mil? That's for people to decide.

The same can be said with all the cool items in gacha, but people are generally materialistic and they will bite the bait. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Personally... I think S/R weapon is a waste... you waste gold to upgrade it then you waste more worrying about it being broken... then when is broken you need to make it again... I just... use normal weapons most the time myself, but that's just me.
Armelle wrote:I think we have discussed gamania so many times now that there isn't anything we don't know about it(especially me who has experience with them,not sure if solar did or not but he does get information there often.)
they might have some customer service but,they really are one of the worst cash shop...lol garapon dragons...

Now that I think about it,wasn't outer space stuff guna be NA's exclusive content? I thought I read that somewhere...
You guys are right... Gamania do have customer service, but in general... is just like Nexon's with the generic we got your input and we will contact the dev team for updates, especially in reporting the bugs. Though strictly speaking... they are a little better in handling some of the issue but I don't want people to think is like heaven and hell or anything... and they do have customer level difference... like you spend more you get better/quicker responses (I am not sure if that's a right thing but is there)... So really it is more like a box full of bad apple and you are trying to pick one... and you have to... if you want to play...

When TW had mass dupings they had wrong locks, yea and people who duped got away, of course... they are a little bit different in that they do than NA as they do... release the people who get locked, but errr most of the time you can see is someone's mule account because it say storage007 in the name (what about the other 6?). And when people do get lock what do they do? They play the [Innocent Card] and the [Complain Card] to get unlocked. Now, I am sure there can be innocents, but I have to say... in most case majority of the people are not so innocent and I am sure every single one of the player can be accused of doing something "wrong". And unfortunately some of the people who get locks in TW do get unlocked.

TW had the same issues like NA too, just last week after their update their house board went down... hey guess what? After NA's update it went down too! Wow coincidence? I dunno... And it is not the first one either... And do you think they reacted different than the NA community? I think not. And one thing always bothers me is people think is that if NA had test server this won't even happen, but see... KR have test server... they have problems o yea... lots too, look at all that bug fix in notices... they have more maintenance too... having test server is not going to make a difference here, having clean and updated code being delivered to here is the issue... and that's something they need to work it out in internally...

I mean come on... Anyone who fight Neid would know...
Why am I seeing debugging messages...
Need a test server...? We are the test server... we all are... there's not a single server without lame bugs...

And like Armelle said they do have some ridiculous things like Gachapon Pets... though their business model is actually... release it in gachapon for limited of time... months or years later release it on direct sell in bundle deals... err yea... I won't say it is necessarily better... And O yea don't forget their famous 4 for 1 deals (Not that I am giving Nexon ideas or anything and if it turns that way is not my fault..)... what is it? Basically you have the web gachapon and there's 4 prizes and you pick one and it shows you the other 3 after you pick then you can add more money to pick 1 more from the 3 (randomly)... and then if you add even more money you can pick 1 more from the last 2 (randomly)... *shurgs... I mean for the Butler and Maid's Carriage and Broom it was never directly sold in cash shop... it was in gacha too.

In my opinion though... I don't think it matters if Mabinogi was licensed to another company... as far as free subscription wise it wouldn't really matter if it was another company servicing the game, it would turned out just the same. And as far as Nexon goes, I am sorry to say... they are one of the better ones out there as far as free to play service wise not that I am saying they are okay or anything and I mean some of the recent things... like the lock out and all... ugh. I mean, they do try to fix things it just takes time, though granted more than half the time players brought upon themselves their own doing haha... with the crashing and all.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Armelle wrote:Now that I think about it,wasn't outer space stuff guna be NA's exclusive content? I thought I read that somewhere...
They weren't being serious, they were joking... No third moon and etc, sorry...
meren

Post by meren »

I do agree that gamania has the worst cash shop like gachapon dragons lol, and events that force you to spend money to fullfill the requirements. Not to mention ridiculously OP weapons/equipments from gachapon that is even more powerful than the end game gears that you guys have in NA. Lich Crocodile 1 hander swords anyone? :D

Personally I just avoid these things althogether :|
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

meren wrote:and events that force you to spend money to fullfill the requirements.
Ah ha, that lame Bingo event... yea Orzing...
And that one that give items away for successfully getting rank 1 reforge on selected spirit weapon too... yea... I know those...
meren wrote:Not to mention ridiculously OP weapons/equipments from gachapon that is even more powerful than the end game gears that you guys have in NA. Lich Crocodile 1 hander swords anyone? :D
No... Restore White Horse Dorren Robe and Crocodile enchanted Accessories <_<
NO ANY OTHER SERVER has a freaking enchanted Robe Item... yet... ~"~
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

There's time for NA to get enchanted Falias Artifacts!

Conceptual Avenger Wave Sweeper (Rank S) ? :D
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Kenero wrote:There's time for NA to get enchanted Falias Artifacts!

Conceptual Avenger Wave Sweeper (Rank S) ? :D
Stop making people drool...