[KR Update] Metalware (aka reforge) Effect Clarified

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

Re: [KR Update] Metalware Effect Clarified

Post by Soluna »

radionoise wrote:I actually re-tested and got different results o_o

My ELB can no longer outrange my ego, even though it was able to when I originally did all my testing (maybe 2 months ago or so?). I'm guessing the effect changed sometime since then or some outside factor was at play.
Mmm maybe though I am not sure if anything changed because dual wield do still have stacking from two level 1 fire blade on ice mobs but you said it was removed recently in KR? Not that I am sure it is removed I don't have test result on those.

Regardless, the data values seems to match up so... 70cm should be the correct result. But it would be nice to keep some data for the record next time to see if it indeed was modified without notice.

I will generally try to test things if I can do see it numbers and results matches if people have provided sufficient data to show something is amiss.

*Side note: someone might wanna go edit wiki's page on Masterpiece Bow's range from 2100 to 2000 also...
radionoise

Post by radionoise »

Soluna wrote:Mmm maybe though I am not sure if anything changed because dual wield do still have stacking from two level 1 fire blade on ice mobs but you said it was removed recently in KR? Not that I am sure it is removed I don't have test result on those.
The part about dual wield was just me speculating, however. All I was told was that two elements in a single weapon no longer stacked (in terms of damage to neutral mobs at least) since the recent patch and I speculated that the change could also apply to dual-wield since it works similarly. They could be wrong or have misunderstood the changes, however, but they are usually pretty reliable when it comes to this stuff lols.

Either way, it's very helpful to finally know all the values for toolkits... clears up a lot of misconceptions regarding them and helps players know which ones to spam for.

About windmill range, however, you said that it's +0.75% range per level. Would that make it a +15% bonus (to 500 r1 range) at lv 20 totalling to only 75 range units? Seems rather lackluster compared to Crash Shot's 300 range unit bonus, unless the windmill toolkit is applied differently.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

radionoise wrote: The part about dual wield was just me speculating, however. All I was told was that two elements in a single weapon no longer stacked (in terms of damage to neutral mobs at least) since the recent patch and I speculated that the change could also apply to dual-wield since it works similarly. They could be wrong or have misunderstood the changes, however, but they are usually pretty reliable when it comes to this stuff lols.

Either way, it's very helpful to finally know all the values for toolkits... clears up a lot of misconceptions regarding them and helps players know which ones to spam for.

About windmill range, however, you said that it's +0.75% range per level. Would that make it a +15% bonus (to 500 r1 range) at lv 20 totalling to only 75 range units? Seems rather lackluster compared to Crash Shot's 300 range unit bonus, unless the windmill toolkit is applied differently.
Well I can't exactly test to see if there's changes but the elemental effect thing is kinda complicated and depending on how people tested it might also give various results, so I have to wait and see.

As for Windmill... Yes it IS lackluster but people think OMG Windmill range increase!!! I actually have an image of the bonus somewhere if I haven't lost it I'll post it later.