[Testing] G16S2 Bard Destiny

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

[Testing] G16S2 Bard Destiny

Post by Soluna »

Tentative (Update When I get time...)

Basics:
- New Music Skill

-G1 renewal (Avaliable for Elf/Giant)

-Attack System Changes

-Homestead Contents

Update: Finalized update, details here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1207
shadofrak

Re: [Testing] G16S2 Bard Destiny

Post by shadofrak »

BARD DESTINY?!?! SOUNDS AWESOME!!!
Soluna wrote: -Attack System Changes
...but I'm scared to find out what this means
Aubog007

Post by Aubog007 »

5 second WM/CS cooldown and lances on elves so far from what i see.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

New Bard stuff. o_o; It makes me want to come back to Mabi to play music again! D:
Too bad the JP Mabi MML site is no more. u_u Kenero once suggested I build my own Mabi MML site, and I actually had this idea before. Depending on what's going to be in this udpate, I'll be tempted to try such a project. The downside is that building such a site from scratch would require quite a bit of time and web dev skill (both of which are in short supply, haha ;_;).

As for the combat stuff, lances for elves just seems fair. And the WM/CS cooldown, I'd like to say it's about time they did that to add variety to players' combat styles, but on the other hand, it may not change that much in this regard. 1 WM/CS to clear a mob, walk to next mob, cooldown resets, 1 WM/CS again, etc. But I guess you won't be able to WM lock monsters anymore, which will require players to use a different strategy in dungeons like Peaca.
Aubog007

Post by Aubog007 »

Seems all skills got a cooldown, elf mag has a cooldown, magic has a cooldown.
Everything so far.

Mobs also no longer get stunned from what it seems like.
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

Aubog007 wrote: Mobs also no longer get stunned from what it seems like.
no stun? meaning player and enemy attack eachother at the same time? this game was not meant for that as you can die in one or two hits easily
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

shadofrak wrote:
Aubog007 wrote: Mobs also no longer get stunned from what it seems like.
no stun? meaning player and enemy attack eachother at the same time? this game was not meant for that as you can die in one or two hits easily
No you guys got it backwards... Player will not get knocked back by enemy attack now.

From GA

Basically, majority of skills now have 0 load time but 5 sec cool downs as in you can't spam 1 single attack say wm or cs or mag over and over again is kinda forcing you to vary your next skill against your prior skill. (Yes, they have cool down now).

However, this effects magic a little less because magic has cast time not load time and cast time is still there, but there is auto charge option now such that say if you want to cast FB you only have to press once instead pressing 5 times. (You can cancel in-between the cast as well).
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Sounds like Archers are going to hate this.....
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

*Forgot to mention they removed Tir Auto Map system (Finally... Thank God...)
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

New NPCs (?!):
Bernez

Cecil

Mina

Yuki

Yvona