[KR Testing] Talent System + Misc.

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Z.755

Re: [KR Testing] Talent System + Misc.

Post by Z.755 »

Curiously, how does leveling the talents work on the mechanical side? Does it have to do with your skill ranks, ranking them up, or is it more of training thing? o.o
radionoise

Post by radionoise »

Soluna wrote:Actually... thinking about it again, maybe that's why archer got str boost because it is red skill, and I wouldn't be surprised if they removed the old growth all together with this new system... But yea I am gonna go with the theory of "main/sub class" idea for now... =3= with absolutely no proof at all!

*And !@#$ you devCat, putting in puppet frames but not the mesh so I can't look at it >:|
Well... all I know is that you cannot choose "Destiny" and then a subclass of "Talent", you can only straight up choose "Talent". Whether old destiny bonuses apply, etc, I didn't think to pay attention to.

I am clueless about how the Level 15/16 talent/grandmaster thing works and am hoping you will elaborate on as more info pops up, but I do know that talents that apply to skills you have ranked will give you stat bonuses (hello tons of new will/dex/str for no reason) even if they are not related to the one you choose at rebirth/creation.
Z.755 wrote:Curiously, how does leveling the talents work on the mechanical side? Does it have to do with your skill ranks, ranking them up, or is it more of training thing? o.o
Soluna already explained that in his post. Talents are leveled up by your skill ranks (each skill rank gives an amount of exp)... I did not notice any mechanical changes besides stat boosts.

Your skill rank will have a section that looks like this, and it shows how much exp it currently contributes towards the talent:
Last edited by radionoise on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Off topic, but you actually need a lot of STR to be a good archer IRL. :P Real bows can require quite a bit of muscle to pull back properly!

As for this system.. I think devCat's goal here is to give players more direction. As it is, new players could be overwhelmed by all the choices in character building. Having freedom was a great thing earlier on in Mabi's days, when you were limited to melee, archer and magic.. most going for a hybrid of sorts to some degree. But with all the other stuff added on top of it since then, the growth/scaling doesn't work as the originally designed system did. The Destiny system helped to a degree, but I guess devCat is trying to add to it or replace it with something they feel is better, highlighting the lifeskill type roles as well.

Personally, I find it pretty awesome that you could concentrate on maxing a skill tab and get a Grand Master title out of it. :P I'm curious what stats those will give.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Z.755 wrote:Curiously, how does leveling the talents work on the mechanical side? Does it have to do with your skill ranks, ranking them up, or is it more of training thing? o.o
Based on your skill rank.
For example:
Lance Mastery Rank 1 adds 91k Exp to Lancer Talent
Lance Counter Rank 1 adds 104000 Exp to Lancer Talent
Lance Charge Rank 1 adds 189000 Exp Lancer Talent
*Note: Above is for Human, different race also gain different amount of exp despite having the same skill.
So if you have rank 1 of everything then you would have 384k Lancer Talent Exp which is more than Lv 15.

However to achieve the Grandmaster which is the Lv 16 you would need complete quest from the NPC to collect Grand Master Seal

Code: Select all

Text_Name0="Seal of Great Warrior" feature="gfG17TalentSystem" 
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Lancer" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Archer" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Wizard" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Priest" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Battle Alchemist" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Transmute Alchemist" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Fighter" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Bard" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Chef" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Blacksmith" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Tailor" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Druggist" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Merchant" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Carpenter" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Adventurer" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
Text_Name0="Seal of Great Doll Master" feature="gfG17TalentSystem"
And once you collect 20 You can gain the Grand Master title. On testing server you only need 7. (And yes... it says druggist...)

And yes... G17... C5!
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Yoorah wrote:Off topic, but you actually need a lot of STR to be a good archer IRL. :P Real bows can require quite a bit of muscle to pull back properly!
That's why none of the bow in Mabi have string <_<...
Yoorah wrote:Personally, I find it pretty awesome that you could concentrate on maxing a skill tab and get a Grand Master title out of it. :P I'm curious what stats those will give.
I already posted didn't I? Lv 16 bonus.
radionoise

Post by radionoise »

You can only be grand master of one thing correct? and it's not limited to just one person?
I suppose it's not that excessive if you get stats from one Lv16 talent and only Lv15 for everything else... although I'm probably just confused with all the level stuff @_@

Edit: Derp, guess you can be grand master of more than one thing if you need 20 seals to obtain the title.
Last edited by radionoise on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Oh, I didn't realize those were for the Grand Master title. Airhead moment!
And I don't see anything that suggests that you can only have one Grand Master title. Unless I'm missing that, too!
Calisto

Post by Calisto »

Thinking about this from a game design perspective, splitting the destinies up into smaller chunks makes a lot of sense. The first effect is that destinies will not cover such a broad stroke of skills anymore, which means we'll be most likely choosing a destiny that corresponds with the skills we are currently training. For newer players, this will force them to focus on one or a set of small skills at a time instead of having a whole scary tab to look at and be overwhelmed with. Now, a beginning player will see Warrior consists of a small set of skills, and will be encouraged to level up those skills further by the stat bonuses provided by leveling up that talent set. I think this will be good for new players who are confused or overwhelmed by Mabinogi's vast character progression by giving them a less transparent path towards getting results in character growth.

As for veteran players, we will log in and notice a large growth in Mana, HP, and all other stats. I would imagine in order to not completely overload our stats into areas where everything is being 1-shot, two things will happen. One, the HP of monsters will need to be increased, and was increased as indicated in the patch notes. This is a good move by DevCat and I'd be interested to hear how the new balanced HP feels. Also, I would imagine and hope that the bonus stats gained while leveling by choosing certain destinies is probably removed. I can't imagine them making 13 different sets of stat growths for the different destinies, and I also think it's a bit redundant to add even more stats now that they'll be so greatly increased.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Yoorah wrote: And I don't see anything that suggests that you can only have one Grand Master title. Unless I'm missing that, too!
Yes it didn't say so I assume you can, but it is an adjustment that could happen.

Is only first testing, plenty more to come... well at least 1 or 2 more <_<...
radionoise wrote: I suppose it's not that excessive if you get stats from one Lv16 talent and only Lv15 for everything else... although I'm probably just confused with all the level stuff @_@
Yea, sorry about the level thing, is just easier for me to view when editing, because the level is just talent ranks like skill ranks.
Lv1 being Rank F, Lv15 being Rank 1, Lv16 being Grand Master, mastery of a talent/skill.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

All 8 new life skills and rank 1 effects---
Commerce Mastery -
AP: 0/2/3/4/5/6/7/10/13/16/20/30/40/50/60/70 [+30 Luck] (336 APs) Rank1: 15% Ducat Profit increase.

Hoe Mastery -
AP: 1/1/1/2/2/2/5/4/4/4/7/5/5/5/10 [+21Will] (58 APs) Rank 1: -1 sec, bonus rate +15%, success rate +15%

Harvest -
1/1/1/2/2/2/5/4/4/4/7/5/5/5/10 [+14Will/+5Stamina] (58 APs) Rank 1: -1 sec, bonus rate +15%, success rate +15%

Sheep Shearing Mastery -
AP: 1/1/1/2/2/2/3/3/5/5/5/6/7/8/12 [+22Dex] (63 APs) Rank 1: -2 sec, bonus rate +20%

Egg Mastery -
AP: 1/1/1/2/2/2/3/3/3/3/4/4/4/5/7 [+15Dex] (45 APs) Rank1: -2.5 sec, bonus rate +20%

Mining Mastery -
AP: 2/2/3/3/4/4/5/5/6/6/8/8/9/9/14 [+25Str] (88 APs) Rank 1: -1 sec, bonus rate +20%, success rate +15%

Mushroom Mastery -
AP: 1/1/1/2/2/2/3/3/3/3/4/4/4/5/7 [+15Int] (45 APs) Rank 1: -2 sec, bonus rate +20%

Milking -
AP: 1/1/1/2/2/2/3/3/3/3/4/4/4/5/7 [+17Stamina] (45 APs) Rank 1: -3 Second

Talent System Category (Human)---
Mage: Meditation, Enchant, Magic Mastery, Ice Mastery, Fire Mastery, Lightning Mastery, Bolt Mastery, Lightning Bolt, Thunder, Firebolt, Fireball, Ice Bolt, Ice Spear, Hailstorm, Fusion Bolt, Blaze.

Battle Alchemy: Life Drain, Alchemy Mastery, Watercannon, Wind Blast, Flameburst, Sand Burst, Frozen Blast, Shock, Heat Buster, Chain Cylinder, Fire Alchemy, Water Alchemy, Earth Alchemy (No, don't ask me why Wind Alchemy is missing).

Knight: Defense, Smash, Counter, Charge, Assault Slash, Windmill, Final Hit, Combat Mastery, Critical Hit, Sward Mastery, Axe Mastery, Blunt Mastery, Evade.

Fighter: All of Fighter Skills.

Lancer: Defense, Smash, Assault Slash, Lance Counter, Lance Charge, Windmill, Critical Hit, Lance Mastery.

Archer: Range Mastery, Arrow Revolver, Magnum Shot, Support Shot, Crash Shot, Critical Hit, Bow Mastery, Crossbow Mastery.

Transmute Alchemy: Synthesis, Fragmentation, Mana Crystalization, Alchemy Mastery, Barrier Spikes, Rain Casting, Metal Exchange, Water Alchemy, Earth Alchemy, Transmute Alchemy, Summon Golem.

Bard: All the Bard Skills.

Priest: First Aid, Meditation, Healing, Magic Mastery, Party Heal, Fire Shield, Ice Shield, Lightning Shield, Natural Shield, Mana Shield.

Cook: Cooking, Production Mastery, Wine Making, Egg Collecting, Mushroom Collecting, Milking, Harvest, Hoe Mastery.

Blacksmith: Refine, Blacksmith, Production Mastery, Metallurgy, Mining.

Trader: Gold Strike, Commerce Mastery.

Traveler: Rest, Camp Fire, Fishing, Animal Taming.

Carpenter: Handicraft, Production Mastery, Carpentry.

Tailor: Tailoring, Weaving, Production Mastery, Sheep Shearing.

Pharmacist: Herb Knowledge, Potion Making, Production Mastery.

Other tester can provide elf/giant race skills