[KR Testing] Talent System + Misc.

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Karasuhebi

Re: [KR Testing] Talent System + Misc.

Post by Karasuhebi »

While playing in the mabinogi character creation I've noticed new stances named Knight, Wizard, Archer and Merchant. I thought they were going to implement those for destinies but is it possible it's for talents and each talent would get a special stance? Maybe when you get the title?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Karasuhebi wrote:While playing in the mabinogi character creation I've noticed new stances named Knight, Wizard, Archer and Merchant. I thought they were going to implement those for destinies but is it possible it's for talents and each talent would get a special stance? Maybe when you get the title?
They were original class idea back in G13: Hamlet when it was going to be released, they probably won't be used for talents because there's way too many than just the one posted.

The talents are not just the ones listed, there are hidden talents, for example:

Magic + Combat = Magic Warrior

Combat + Archer = Ranger

Battle Alchemy + Archer = Star Shooter

Lance + Combat = Berserker

Magic + Transmute Alchemy = Scholar

Tailor + Cook = House Wife

Melee + Magic + Combat = Destroyer

And yes... there are many many more and their bonus are the combine bonus of the talent that makes up for it. So... It may not be that you can get all the bonuses at once when it actually gets implemented, but that's also not ruling out there's a talent that adds up everything.
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

Soluna wrote: Tailor + Cook = House Wife
I'm hoping that the name might change if you have a male character...
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Zeo wrote:Do not want the new skill icon design as well. :|
Based on row one column two, I don't think these skill icons would have the same purpose as our 30x30 ones do. There's nothing to suggest that my guess is right, but also nothing to suggest that these will replace the current icons. Besides, they only converted gui_icon_skill_00.dds into this format, not 01 or 02.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

I actually like the new icons. They'll look good on modern, high res displays. The rest of the UI graphics update is pretty welcome, too. Now please overhaul the engine that runs it so that it runs half decently. :v

And omg.. the "Tailor + Cook = House Wife" thing. Imagine the feminists in NA raging over it. Hilarious.
A male version would be... family man.. or something. >_>
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Yoorah wrote:I actually like the new icons. They'll look good on modern, high res displays. The rest of the UI graphics update is pretty welcome, too. Now please overhaul the engine that runs it so that it runs half decently. :v

And omg.. the "Tailor + Cook = House Wife" thing. Imagine the feminists in NA raging over it. Hilarious.
A male version would be... family man.. or something. >_>
I think you can expect a lot more "re-make" of things as C5 approaches and the title would be [s]"the Unemployed"[/s], "the Homemaker"
Yuneiko

Post by Yuneiko »

Yoorah wrote:junk
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Yune needs that title. :P
Health

Post by Health »

I think I like this update? Might just see more overpowered people though har har.

I'm mostly just happy they added a Healer-type one
Alarya

Post by Alarya »

Health wrote: I'm mostly just happy they added a Healer-type one
I'm not ;;

This would require me to choose one or the other..