[Testing G17S2] Puppet Master

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

Re: [Testing G17S2] Puppet Master

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote:small question about the ui
can you minimize that bottom bar and can you move the dialog box around? if i can set it back how it was(out of the goddamn way) ill be...okayish with it
Nope and.... Nope.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Soluna wrote:
Armelle wrote:small question about the ui
can you minimize that bottom bar and can you move the dialog box around? if i can set it back how it was(out of the goddamn way) ill be...okayish with it
Nope and.... Nope.
feel sorry for whoever plays this at a low resolution then...
guess ill just have to get over it like i have to with everything they renew in this game =3=
inb4 it causes more client instability in the na version
radionoise

Post by radionoise »

Okay, the elf had rF combat mastery and no other melee mastery in that picture. I just ranked Combat Mastery to E and my damage went up.
Spoiler: show
Elf with no title, rE combat mastery, rF puppet skills:

Same elf during transformation, all transformation skills at rF:

Human is not wearing any title, rNovice combat mastery, rF puppet skills:

Same human during transformation, all transformation skills at rF:

Giant with no title, r1 combat mastery and all other melee masteries, rF puppet skills:

Same giant during transformation, all transformation skills at rF:

At a glance seems like 4 dex = 1 max and 4 str = 1 max or something like that. Unless there's some hidden damage multipliers or something, seems like a skillset that only humans will excel at due to being the only race with large amounts of both stats at the same time. At least, that's what it looks like as all races gain ~50 max damage when gaining +100 str and +100 dex from transformation.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

radionoise wrote:Okay, the elf had rF combat mastery and no other melee mastery in that picture. I just ranked Combat Mastery to E and my damage went up.
At a glance seems like 4 dex = 1 max and 4 str = 1 max or something like that. Unless there's some hidden damage multipliers or something, seems like a skillset that only humans will excel at due to being the only race with large amounts of both stats at the same time. At least, that's what it looks like as all races gain ~50 max damage when gaining +100 str and +100 dex from transformation.
I think I got it close enough... with ~1dmg off due rounding and things basically is it 4.5 str for 1 max dmg and 3.5 dex for 1 max dmg

Base on your elf:
normal---
36/4.5 + 318/3.5 = 98.85
98.85 + 20(handle) + 1(rE combat) = 119.85 vs 120
trans---
136/4.5 + 418/3.5 = 149.65
149.65 + 20(handle) + 1(rE combat) +3(rF Fury of Connus) = 173.65 vs 173

Base on your human:
normal---
28/4.5 + 109/3.5 = 37.36
37.36 + 20(handle) = 57.36 vs 57
trans---
128/4.5 + 209/3.5 = 88.15
88.15 + 20(handle) + 10(rF Sword of Order) = 118.15 vs 118

Base on your giant:
normal---
365/4.5 + 92/3.5 = 107.39
107.39 + 20(handle) + 20(r1 combat) = 147.39 vs 147
trans---
465/4.5 + 192/3.5 = 158.19
158.19 + 20(handle) + 20(r1 combat) +1(rF Demon of Physis) = 199.19 vs 199

THAT should do it unless someone have a better formula... and lololol no I am not bothering with min dmg either someone else can do that @_@.

*...inb4 DK bawww again.
radionoise

Post by radionoise »

Thank you so much for the accurate damage calcs.

Really hope there are some racial balancing done to make the skillset equal to all races, otherwise it seems as if giants would be the least effective at the skillset, and humans would beat elves because the amount of STR they have over them is much larger than the amount of DEX elves have over humans.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

radionoise wrote: Really hope there are some racial balancing done to make the skillset equal to all races, otherwise it seems as if giants would be the least effective at the skillset, and humans would beat elves because the amount of STR they have over them is much larger than the amount of DEX elves have over humans.
Did a quick calculation, based on all str/dex skill at rank 1 all level 15 talents and including the combat mastery bonus:
Human - 368.28 dmg
Elf - 330 dmg
Giant - 298.79 dmg

That's not taking into account levels and race growth bonus.

As for the transformation dmg increase:
Human Paladin: 160.97 dmg
Human DK: 147.25 or 147.17 or 138.4 or 114.28 or 83.8 or 78.72 dmg
Elf: 131.54 dmg
Giant: 119.54 dmg

Human will most likely win in the end even when accounting the leveling, which is natural because Elf got no Lance Talent Bonus and Giant got no Archery Talent Bonus, so being a "avg" in both field give them the advantage. It doesn't really favor the giants much at all because they lose a lot of dex which increase more damage. I dunno, I think it still favor a little bit with the elves because their nature skills increase dex more, a non-archery oriented human isn't necessarily going to be stronger than the elf. As for trans wise Paladin being the most "avg" out-shined others... and DK... have 50/50 chance to beat giant or elf, giants have no chance beating elf at all.

And I mean, is not like the skill set is THAT stellar (at least not with the lag). Is actually a bit difficult to control the puppets and all despite the various area attacks and what not. BUT I do like the fact monster aggro on them, good extra live bait if anything <_<.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Also, I think some others sources are saying is 1 str +0.2dmg and 1 dex +0.2dmg, so my calculation might not be exacts but it matches close enough.
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

Hm... great skill... I would get it for this reason:

*puppet dies*

"Oho... I see you defeat my puppet... but let me demonstrate that... the puppet is just a smudge of my power that you are about to face!" *evil laugh, one wing angel playing*

Also... it seems recently DKs have been losing a lot in regards of new destiny. Not only they lose to this new destiny, but also fighter destiny.

Though, I dunno if a paladin or DK is better now, or ever was.
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Kenero wrote:Hm... great skill... I would get it for this reason:

*puppet dies*

"Oho... I see you defeat my puppet... but let me demonstrate that... the puppet is just a smudge of my power that you are about to face!" *evil laugh, one wing angel playing*

Also... it seems recently DKs have been losing a lot in regards of new destiny. Not only they lose to this new destiny, but also fighter destiny.

The current director must really hate DKs.
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

nandattebayo wrote:
Kenero wrote:Hm... great skill... I would get it for this reason:

*puppet dies*

The current director must really hate DKs.
I almost felt the same way that the old director didn't like paladins.

I guess I just find it amusing when fighter destiny came out, a lot of DKs cried on how DKs do not get any attack bonus for fighter at all and that it should be revamped to get will... when for the longest time, paladins didn't get any int and were glossed over.

Though int is the easiest stat to get, no doubt, but in the early days of NA Mabi, not everyone had naturally high int (not that int was useful in the current and old formula).