[Testing G17S2] Puppet Master

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Kapra

Re: [Testing G17S2] Puppet Master

Post by Kapra »

Do puppets also have durability or do they just die/revive? Why are there three repair kits? What is that book in that shop tab and is that their dye under the potions in the same tab? Can the lesser puppets ever become the stronger variety, or do you have to obtain better puppets? (Assuming the higher versions are only available in test server.)
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Psy wrote:Do puppets also have durability or do they just die/revive? Why are there three repair kits? What is that book in that shop tab and is that their dye under the potions in the same tab? Can the lesser puppets ever become the stronger variety, or do you have to obtain better puppets? (Assuming the higher versions are only available in test server.)
Puppets are not "equipments", they die because they have hp just like golems and players.

The Miniature Doll is simply allow you to customize your puppet's color/look.

I don't know what you meant by lesser puppets being stronger. As you rank up the puppet skill, the look of the puppet changes automatically, if you want to make it look like it was before you can, you just equip the "older version" miniature puppets but you would still get the current rank bonus.

There are 3 repair kit because one only repairs the doll but doesn't heal the wound, one repair doll and heal wounds but not the hp (must use puppet recovery potions), and the last one revive the dolls, heals wound and heals the hp.

The book is of no importance. If you must know, is the book "What You Hit is What You Get".

Wire Binding

Wire Pulling

Act 4: Jealousy Incarnate

Act 6: Temptation Trap

Act 7: Frantic Overrun

Do note the Blue meter next to the character, that's the Puppet Spirit Meter, when it fills up (you fill it up by using Act Puppet Skills) you can then use Life Awakening to allow your puppet attack on its own while you also attack with different equipments.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote:damage based on str again ~"~...
and here i thought a "puppet master" would need to be dexterous =3=...
I should also add, it may be that my stats aren't high enough to notice a difference, but I know it bases on damage in character window when equipping the Handle (which I assume is from str). I might do the calculation of damage when equipping the handle later if I have time.
radionoise

Post by radionoise »

I would think dexterity affects damage, because with a 20 max damage handle and all rF skills I have 120 and Dexterity is the only considerable stat my elf has.

And same handle on a giant, so STR definitely plays a role as well.

Here is a human with very low STR and DEX just for comparison:

I'm not really good with numbers and calculating damage or I would help more but it would be really nice to know the exact formulas @_@
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

radionoise wrote:I would think dexterity affects damage, because with a 20 max damage handle and all rF skills I have 120 and Dexterity is the only considerable stat my elf has.
It does, because equipping Handle the display dmg in the character is based on str/dex, just like when equipping bow it determine dmg base on dex. I am working on the numbers @_@ is base on 2 so it is a bit hard. However, the damage calculation idea is the same, Mastery + Puppet Base + 50% Character dmg. In which case, enchant give puppet dmg would be better than Character dmg.
Pyoori

Post by Pyoori »

Is that new NPC seriously named Nidalee?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Pyoori wrote:Is that new NPC seriously named Nidalee?
Yes, but translations maybe result it to be something different e.g. Nidari or Eremon vs Eirawen.
radionoise wrote:I'm not really good with numbers and calculating damage or I would help more but it would be really nice to know the exact formulas @_@
Okay... it is rather... annoy to try to figure out the stats gain... and I believe testing is down for maint or whatever atm.

From what I gathered... I think combat mastery increases the dmg. That's just based on calculating the dmg gain per stats and using your human stat sheet. Because what I think is that the rough... stat is ~4str or ~4dex for 1 max dmg and ~5.5 or 6 str or dex for 1 min dmg? And that doesn't matches with
Because 28/4 + 109/4= 34.25 which with Handle at 20 makes it 54.25, so... either you have rank D combat mastery to gain the 3 max dmg or I have to go back to the drawing board.

And I think different race might have different modifier because +10str and dex gave the human/giant +5 max dmg but gave the elf +6 max dmg (that's just from switching the title on and off).

That's just what I have gathered so far, need more testings to verify.
radionoise

Post by radionoise »

If testing is up I can check skill ranks if there's any information you need, although I think for the most part the only one with combat mastery ranked should be the giant. Elf has r1 of ranged talents and whatever you get as default for everything else... the giant is same, but for melee and the human is r1 of cook skills. They are all puppet master destiny, with all those skills at rank F.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

radionoise wrote:If testing is up I can check skill ranks if there's any information you need, although I think for the most part the only one with combat mastery ranked should be the giant. Elf has r1 of ranged talents and whatever you get as default for everything else... the giant is same, but for melee and the human is r1 of cook skills. They are all puppet master destiny, with all those skills at rank F.
Just if they have any mastery skills will do I think, but it would seem is ~4 per max dmg because I know for sure the aspiring title which give +10 str and +10 dex gives 5dmg increase and 10/4 = 2.5 and 2.5 + 2.5 = 5. Elf is a little bit weirder because I got +6 from switch on and off the title... so is gonna take awhile to figure it out.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

small question about the ui
can you minimize that bottom bar and can you move the dialog box around? if i can set it back how it was(out of the goddamn way) ill be...okayish with it
my kr test account stopped working like a month ago without warning

also,i noticed they changed the gamefont a bit.