[JP Update] Phoenix Pet

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

[JP Update] Phoenix Pet

Post by Soluna »

Probably... the most defensive pet ever...

120min/ 400hp/ 300mp/ 90sp/ 10str/ 100int/ 60dex/ 20will/ 25luck/ 6x6 inv
5 def/ 50 pro

Fly velocity: 27
*Thunder Dragon velocity: 16 (without boost).

Special Ability:
Phoenix Fire: Summon Effect.

Flame of Resurrection/Explosion of Resurrection: After using, if player get knocked out within 1hr will revive automatically. If there is Fire Erg Crystal in pet inventory when skill used, explosion effect will surround the character when revived burning enemies to ashes and gears will be blessed. (Pet comes with 10 crystal afterward have to be purchased from shop).
*skill have 36min cool down.

When Phoenix falls unconscious, 1 phoenix feather will be dropped.

*Side note, it would appear JP bundled Fashion Tab with VIP service as they removed the old service plan and changed to the similar VIP/Prem/Plus service.
Luin

Re: [JP Update] Phoenix Pet

Post by Luin »

Of note is also the fact that it doesn't learn any magic bolt skills at all...inheriting skills from other pet will result in phoenix having the skill but unable to use it (2nd hand info).
That's such a waste of its 100 base int...

It also has abysmal str growth and base, coupled with the low inventory space (6x6 for the same price as dragon, 2x2 of which occupied by the erg crystals), people might want to think twice before buying this pet. A shame, I like the design :/
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

Luin wrote:Of note is also the fact that it doesn't learn any magic bolt skills at all...inheriting skills from other pet will result in phoenix having the skill but unable to use it (2nd hand info).
That's such a waste of its 100 base int...

It also has abysmal str growth and base, coupled with the low inventory space (6x6 for the same price as dragon, 2x2 of which occupied by the erg crystals), people might want to think twice before buying this pet. A shame, I like the design :/
I really only use my pets for inv space, so inv space that revives me and flies super fast sounds awesome
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

shadofrak wrote:so inv space that revives me and flies super fast sounds awesome
except it'l only revive you 10 times unless you pay more money.
i can't wait to remove the flames and or replace the model all together because i bet it drops framerate like the flamemares do as well
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

What is an Erg Crystal? What is the velocity of a Thunder Dragon in Boost? (I assume more than a Phoenix, since the Cheetah was more than a Deer/Fire Horse.) And wow... Phoenixes are not supposed to have anything to do with fire until they burn themselves into rebirth, not actually be made of fire.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote: except it'l only revive you 10 times unless you pay more money.
[x] Revive does not cost crystal. Having crystal only provide explosion effect + blessing.
Psy wrote:What is an Erg Crystal? What is the velocity of a Thunder Dragon in Boost?
Philosopher Fire Stones created by devCat 100 for 10, 300 for 33. They are 2x2.

Dragon Boost increase speed by 1.7, so it should be 16x 1.7 = 27.2? I believe previously thought it was added, but judging by the speed it should be multiplied. It does however, have the worst turn speed of all flying pets, probably due to its speed...

Price wise, 1390 means it will be close the dragon.

And yes, it does turn when in flight:
ImageImage
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

Soluna wrote:
And yes, it does turn when in flight:
flamegoon

Post by flamegoon »

so you have to wait one hour to get revived by the pet after using the skill? im lost :?
Luin

Post by Luin »

If you are looking for inv space, phoenix will have one of the worst cost/inventory space ratio among all pets.
It costs exactly the same amount of NP as dragon's, so you could have gotten another flying pet with much larger inv for the same price, is what I was trying to say xD

So, phoenix is pretty much flying at the same speed as boosted dragon. It does have a smaller turning radius than the dragons, so sharp turns are possible.

Haven't bought one so I can't confirm...from Soluna's post it seems that the skill works like a "buff" of some sort that lasts for 1 hour (ET? RT?)?

EDIT: My bad, phoenix rotates the slowest, I thought the figures for rotation refer to turning radius instead of turning speed xD
Last edited by Luin on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

flamegoon wrote:so you have to wait one hour to get revived by the pet after using the skill? im lost :?
After you use the skill, if you die within 1hour of using the skill you will be automatically revived. It seems like it will be a 'buff' state because it does have its own icon:Image
Luin wrote: So, phoenix is pretty much flying at the same speed as boosted dragon. It does have a smaller turning radius than the dragons, so sharp turns are possible.
Actually it rotated the slowest, Magic Brooms are still by far the quickest rising, land, and rotating flying pet around.
Luin wrote: Haven't bought one so I can't confirm...from Soluna's post it seems that the skill works like a "buff" of some sort that lasts for 1 hour (ET? RT?)?
I believe it is 1 Real Hour... 1 Erinn Hour is... too short.

If is 1 Erinn hour that's like having a not so particular item that will revive your friend within 10 seconds of witnessing their death :U... wait...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cichol: >:3 that's why I came back, I bought one!

Romeo: If only I had enough NX OTL...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Note: 2 unreleased skills, one mentioned before, the other... well...
-Perfume Making (Life Skill)
-Transform Mastery