[KR Testnig] G17S3 Shapeshifting Mastery + Demonic Items.

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Armelle

Re: [KR Testnig] G17S3 Shapeshifting Mastery + Demonic Items

Post by Armelle »

wonder what playing as nuadha is like
Luin

Post by Luin »

Soluna wrote:
Other than these obvious changes, they also modified the % to record a monster when defeat and the amount of defeats you need to obtain the monster's transformation. Yes, most rank 1 monster have 25% record rate now. Basically the capture rate % is the chance you will get a record mark when you defeat a monster, which means even if the record mark needed is 5 you may need to defat that monster more than 5 times.
Ouch, let's hope Nexon at least allows capture mark to be obtained from last finish....
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

I see red/prarie/desert dragons in there. That's a bit much isn't it?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote:wonder what playing as nuadha is like
Kinda like playing a a pet owl... his wings flaps as you move around etc... If I recall right I couldn't normal attack with his transformation... but many transformations are werid; the Hollow Knight who holds crossbow can use smash but cannot use normal attack... so... yea.
Luin wrote:Ouch, let's hope Nexon at least allows capture mark to be obtained from last finish....
The capture mark is determined by the finish tag, as in one monster will only give out most 1 capture mark to 1 person and if you set party finish tag to anyone to finish, who ever gets the last hit may get the mark because of the capture %. In addition, you cannot pre-capture mark a monster higher than your rank, I believe Lyrrad tested that part.
Aegis wrote:I see red/prarie/desert dragons in there. That's a bit much isn't it?
I don't think it does much anyway... because it doesn't seem like the shape-shifting skill will be giving you any special monster skill (at least currently speaking) and many of the models don't have animations, Morrighan (Not Awakened), Rua, Nao, Aer, Neamhain, Cichol etc... when you transform into them you cannot even move, some like the Scarecrow from Halloween event does even appear when transformed (Which will be very likely the case with some of the dragons). As far as it is concerned, the skill give lots stat bonus due to capture journal and it will probably allow player to make more interesting videos with the characters etc... like the Younger Ruairi vs the Dark Knight Ruairi.

Currently transform only gives you basic melee skills, with some transformation (mostly humanoids) having windmill skill also, none of them have any other skills, is actually very restricted.
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

So basically, it's a "do-it-yourself" RP tool.
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

Yeah... seems like Shapeshifting skill will be useless beside to rank it for some extra base Str and Stam...
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

Zeo wrote:base Str
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Zeo wrote:Yeah... seems like Shapeshifting skill will be useless beside to rank it for some extra base Str and Stam...
Is more than just Str and Stam... because each monster provides a permanent bonus and a active transform bonus.

*P.S. >>> KR Testnig should be KR Testing.
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

Soluna wrote:
Zeo wrote:Yeah... seems like Shapeshifting skill will be useless beside to rank it for some extra base Str and Stam...
Is more than just Str and Stam... because each monster provides a permanent bonus and a active transform bonus.
Permanent bonus... I'd like to know how that'd work...

You gain a stat(s) for each monster filled out and it'd stay with you forever, even if you rebirthed?
radionoise

Post by radionoise »

Zeo wrote:
Soluna wrote:
Permanent bonus... I'd like to know how that'd work...

You gain a stat(s) for each monster filled out and it'd stay with you forever, even if you rebirthed?
There is no permanent bonus of any kind outside of transformation as far as I have seen.

You can see that the talent bonuses match exactly the difference between the yellow stats and the base stats.

I also calculated the base stats this character would have for things like STR/DEX, etc and they match without any extra stats that could be attributed to transformation journal.

My transformation journal is also 150/316 and I have r1 of the skill.

As you can see, I am not getting any permanent stats from transformation journal when not transformed. I do receive the stats the journal mentions the moment I am in a transformation, however.

Stats above are of a human, since elf and giants in test are getting racial skills that they shouldn't be getting so their stats are inaccurate all across.