Skills to raise for beginners?

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
TaoSekai

Skills to raise for beginners?

Post by TaoSekai »

As some of you may know, I've returned to Mabinogi. However, there are some things I want to know about it, mainly what skills should I raise now to avoid hassle in the future?

I'm definitely going to raise Windmill and Refining because having too much CP (or Dex) would mean I'd need to use -cp armor or scarecrow enchants. Somecoolguy recommended that I also raise animal taming too, since when I'm low CP, I can tame otters, the easiest to tame.

Any recommendations on what else you should start early? Thanks for the help.
Beepuke

Re: Skills to raise for beginners?

Post by Beepuke »

final hit!

But Windmill and critical hit, anything else is pretty much up to you. ;o Oh and counter up to C. :D
Dusky

Post by Dusky »

raise smash D=!!
Patchy

Post by Patchy »

Herbalism ftw!
Yuneiko

Post by Yuneiko »

Windmill is the general de facto of course, refine is if you EVER plan to dexwhore/go into archery of any sort, and then pick from there. Of course, raise crit as you rank it, it helps you in any form of combat.

But aside from those skills, some others that EVERY person should have at the least
Smash F
Defense F
Counterattack F, C is recommended for halved stam drain for a while
Icebolt F
Firebolt F
First Aid F
Heal F
Campfire F
Ranged F (No AP cost, + dex for free~)
Support Shot F (Same as ranged F)

As long as you have those skills, you've got all the essential skills for the most part, just specialize from that baseline on what you like most. Although if you do go magic this time around, do focus on +Mana stuff rather than +int for the time being, since int is STILL on a logarithmic scale for damage