[Testing] G18S1 Upcoming Contents

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
shadofrak

Re: [Testing] G18S1 Upcoming Contents

Post by shadofrak »

Everything new is very visually appealing, I must say.
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

G18 is just the area revamp...? No new skills?

I want my new skills (or pretty much lightning/fire adv. magic skills).
hen937

Post by hen937 »

looks pretty nice but i will admit we need more Mage stuff we have had hail storm for how long and nothing else?
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

all i want is a dungeon revamp
but they seem to think making dungeons like shadow missions reward wise(and maybe the ability to change difficulty if they /have/ to) is too hard.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

SlademaulZZ wrote:Is the White Dragon Army a whole bunch of white dragons or is it one big white dragon?
One White Dragon and lots of lackey, it has skill to freeze players and what not, and on testing has 100% drop rate on demonic material as long as you have contribution toward the fight.
SlademaulZZ wrote:And for the 4 new monsters able to collect white herbs from wasp corpse, do we kill them or transform into to get the white herbs or is it just there?
Kill them then collect, similar to kill crystal golems then sieve
Armelle wrote:it's probably just me but alot of that looks out of place for some reason
maybe its the lack of shadows,it almost looks styled differently,or at least more detailed than the rest of the area.
Is actually... okay but I think Filla Oasis is done better than the Unfrozen Lake... there's also a Mine I haven't went into yet...

They actually also reduced Tara details (such as Trees etc...) and added the ability to turn off pet/skill effects as well to help player with the new boss. (Now... where is that Black Dragon...).

B>Cutting Tails and Carving Abilities.

Alot of Area is just models atm, but there are going to be activities you can do there added to them, at least for the Mine and what not.
Code

Post by Code »

I thought this was suppose to be apart of G17S4? What makes this G18? It could be S4 or S5 even?
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

Armelle wrote:all i want is a dungeon revamp
but they seem to think making dungeons like shadow missions reward wise(and maybe the ability to change difficulty if they /have/ to) is too hard.
I was thinking about how to do this and it dawned on me. Instead of having Tiro sell items mid-dungeon. Have him appear at treasure chest room after finishing a boss and he can sell the passes for higher difficulties at X amount of gold.

5k for basic,
15k for int.
25k for adv.

However it's only for that dungeon. Have to run a normal dungeon of type to get pass. Unless it drops from an enemy inside.
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

hen937 wrote:looks pretty nice but i will admit we need more Mage stuff we have had hail storm for how long and nothing else?
Yeah... it have been like what... 5 gens and we still didn't get our second adv. magic skills.

I also hate how devCat seem to get way too focused on the new update and end up forgetting about content incorporation.

Another World (Tir Na Nog), anyone?
Iria Commerce, anyone?
Dungeon system to be reworked, anyone?
etc...
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

Zeo wrote: Iria Commerce, anyone?
The only problem with Iria commerce is that IRIA IS FRIGGIN HUGE. It would be a pain to do commerce between, for example, Connous and Physis (because that would involve the Solea maze)
Sky

Post by Sky »

shadofrak wrote:
Zeo wrote: Iria Commerce, anyone?
The only problem with Iria commerce is that IRIA IS FRIGGIN HUGE. It would be a pain to do commerce between, for example, Connous and Physis (because that would involve the Solea maze)
It would definitely bore players and you don't want that in game. Unless otherwise they can make additional features to make it interesting, Iria commerce would just fail.