[Preview] Chapter 5: G18 Mabinogi The Drama: Iria

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Armelle

Re: [Preview] Chapter 5: G18 Mabinogi The Drama: Iria

Post by Armelle »

Mackinz wrote:You've never wanted to experience the world from the perspective of your character instead of a top down overview?

ಠ_ಠ

Think about it. It would make Guns harder to use than if we allowed players instant shots and huge peripheral vision.
thanks for reminding me water existed.

also its only "top-down" if you make it that way,i usually stay behind my character personally.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Armelle wrote:thanks for reminding me water existed.
Water is different than instantly shooting due to load times, and probably has much less range than a gun.

And that kind of first person perspective is off. You can't see what you're doing at all. Maybe over-the-shoulder would be better then? Still, you gotta admit that that would be a good downside for a gun.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Mackinz wrote:
Armelle wrote:thanks for reminding me water existed.
Water is different than instantly shooting due to load times, and probably has much less range than a gun.
i should have been more descriptive, water is a friend i used to play the taiwan version with (back when an english version seemed unlikely...)
she made the video,sorry for the confusion.
was just posting it cause i remembered she did that =3=
Nimewe

Post by Nimewe »

더 드라마: 이리아, 3화 깨어난 악몽: 추적
Spoiler: show
http://mabinogi.gameabout.com/news/view.ga?news_id=2260
Last edited by Nimewe on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Mackinz wrote:You've never wanted to experience the world from the perspective of your character instead of a top down overview?

ಠ_ಠ

Think about it. It would make Guns harder to use than if we allowed players instant shots and huge peripheral vision.
Tower cylinders have an option of being first person.
hen937

Post by hen937 »

This view makes me sick and i think it also devalues Mabinogi a little it reminds me of doom the way your character kinda comes in and out of the camera. I doubt i ever get used to that. . .
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

hen937 wrote:This view makes me sick and i think it also devalues Mabinogi a little it reminds me of doom the way your character kinda comes in and out of the camera. I doubt i ever get used to that. . .
Nobody ever said it will for sure be first person, they're just speculating on things a long time coming.
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

hen937 wrote:This view makes me sick and i think it also devalues Mabinogi a little it reminds me of doom the way your character kinda comes in and out of the camera. I doubt i ever get used to that. . .
And it's only optional too, I think.

Once guns come out, no one forced you to go as first-person view, just like what they did with Tower Cylinder, having an option to turn on/off first-person view.
hen937

Post by hen937 »

why do they want to add fire arms i thought the idea of mabinogi was simi past rather then future? It just seemed alittle odd to me and dose anyone know when we are going to get Fire's advance magic? Will they update Magic to counter some of the fast action of puppet or fighters or will be left as a powerful but time consuming spell you can only pve?
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

hen937 wrote:why do they want to add fire arms i thought the idea of mabinogi was simi past rather then future? It just seemed alittle odd to me and dose anyone know when we are going to get Fire's advance magic? Will they update Magic to counter some of the fast action of puppet or fighters or will be left as a powerful but time consuming spell you can only pve?
I don't mind that.

Seeing first firearm was invented back in 12th century and Irish mythology (according to the myth) took place around 11th or 12th century.