[Testing] Dual Gun Talent

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
jofdeath

Re: [Testing] Dual Gun Talent

Post by jofdeath »

the skill set is great for multy aggro from what ive seen
only thing i really want to know is how fast a team of 2-6 gunners and 1 master crisis(or rank 1 and can be a gunner to) can nuke NPC
uoi100

Post by uoi100 »

Are the guns special upgradable?
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Also, two things I noticed, Counterattack uses up bullets when used with a loaded gun and you can reload while running. I don't expect them to let us but by the off chance, are we immune to reload being cancelled when being hit?
jofdeath

Post by jofdeath »

Psy wrote:Also, two things I noticed, Counterattack uses up bullets when used with a loaded gun and you can reload while running. I don't expect them to let us but by the off chance, are we immune to reload being cancelled when being hit?
when hit with reload trying to go, it will cancel it
Aubog007

Post by Aubog007 »

AP costs are 336 for the 4 new life skills (low AP, might be hell to rank)

AP costs for the gun skills is 14xx.

Not too shabby.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

My friend's crazy reaction to this skillset:
Spoiler: show
Yuri: Soo..!
Yuri: Guns will use str and int. xd
Rae: !?!?!?
Rae: REALLY?
Yuri: yep
Rae: RELLY?
Rae: RALLY
Rae: AHHH
Rae: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Rae: AAHAHAHA
Rae: SUCKERS
Yuri: LOL
Rae: I CAN JUST
Rae: GET MY
Rae: STR UP.
Rae: WHERE IS PROOF?
Yuri: Fangirl rage mode activate.
Rae: SOURCE?
Rae: SOURCE.
Rae: SOURCE!
Rae: HAPPY HAPPY
Rae: JOY JOY
Rae: HAPPY HAPPY
Rae: JOY
Rae: JOY
Yuri: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1558
Yuri: .. xD
Rae: I havent
Rae: checked it
Rae: yet today
Rae: <o<
Rae: Normally thats what I do in school I'm just like: guides guides guides. gotta get better. new stuff new stuff news stuff.
Yuri: School work. D<
Rae: that swhy
Rae: 8D
Rae: I couldnt today
Yuri: Woot, she's doing work!
Rae: YEAH!.
Yuri: \o/
Rae: But really really
Rae: int?
Rae: int int int
Rae: int
Rae: int
Rae: int!
Rae: and I have like 300 str!
Rae: compared to
Rae: my
Rae: 120
Rae: dex
Rae: <o<
Rae: if it woulda been dex based.
Yuri: :P
Rae: I
Rae: I need it now
@_@
hen937

Post by hen937 »

This new talent kinda makes bows seem well not really needed are they buffing bows at some point or making them have some benefit or is everyone going to end up going gun crazy and the archers are going to die out? Another thing is that with these wand making skills can you make the old wands as well or only the wands in this update?
Mbun

Post by Mbun »

hen937 wrote:This new talent kinda makes bows seem well not really needed are they buffing bows at some point or making them have some benefit or is everyone going to end up going gun crazy and the archers are going to die out?
I understood why initially people would compare guns to bows, but after seeing how they actually work I'm surprised anyone would still compare the two. Guns damage calculate off of two stats like Puppetry, neither of which being dex this time around, so statwise Archery still makes sense over Gunner for the dexterous. Max damage wise, 5 str for 1 damage is kind of wimpy even with 5 int forming 1 max as well. When you look at how the skills work you're reminded more of Fighter than anything with the close range rushing to and away from the enemy. Plus I believe someone said the shooting range was something along the lines of lance range, so Archery is still your ranged skillset. Furthermore, reload looks like a huge hassle to keep spam-ability down, and apparently the AoE skills this skillset does possess draw tons of aggro. I would say even if we were to give a large margin for drastic change in how this new talent works before it is officially released, it would still pose no "threat" to Archery beyond people seeing it and wanting the new thing as what happens when every new skillset comes out. I hope people comparing the new guns to our timeless bows dies out soon. They're really talking apples to oranges.
zcoinz

Post by zcoinz »

hen937 wrote:This new talent kinda makes bows seem well not really needed are they buffing bows at some point or making them have some benefit or is everyone going to end up going gun crazy and the archers are going to die out? Another thing is that with these wand making skills can you make the old wands as well or only the wands in this update?
Yeah I want to know this too. I might actually consider ranking it, especially for teh moneiiz >:D
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

How difficult is the purple mutant monsters in the Suilen?

If it's as bad as ones from beach of Scathach then yeah... no thanks.