[Testing] "Balance" Update

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Kapra

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by Kapra »

Also, remember, Meditation+Mobile Cast - Meditation halts stamina regeneration.
uoi100

Post by uoi100 »

Psy wrote:Also, remember, Meditation+Mobile Cast - Meditation halts stamina regeneration.
Yeah thats why I'm hoping you can keep mobile cast on indefinitely like meditation, -3% stamina per second is pretty costly. Definitely going gunner / mage, going to love meteor storm *-*
Zvaince

Post by Zvaince »

UUmmm im probably the only guy worried about this. But are crystals still expensive? And if the question hasnt been asked, do they sell alchemy in other towns now?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Zvaince wrote:UUmmm im probably the only guy worried about this. But are crystals still expensive? And if the question hasnt been asked, do they sell alchemy in other towns now?
You mean Fire/Water/Wind/Earth Crystals? They are the same prices as before and I don't believe they sell them in other towns.
Zvaince

Post by Zvaince »

Soluna wrote:
Zvaince wrote:UUmmm im probably the only guy worried about this. But are crystals still expensive? And if the question hasnt been asked, do they sell alchemy in other towns now?
You mean Fire/Water/Wind/Earth Crystals? They are the same prices as before and I don't believe they sell them in other towns.
Seriously?=.= Why cant they just have it on other shops??? and plus with this new update, too much money will be used on crysals.
metricking

Post by metricking »

Zvaince wrote:
Soluna wrote:
Seriously?=.= Why cant they just have it on other shops??? and plus with this new update, too much money will be used on crysals.
it kind of balances it out, since most alchs i know just buy crystals for shock and barrier rather than spending time making the crystals themselves, [s]its gotten to the point that a friend of mine used a bot to make barrier spike crystals so he'd have a surplus of them[/s]
Majimari

Post by Majimari »

Magic was definitely in need of a buff but being able to spam intermediate magic sounds pretty broken in my opinion. Sure there's the whole lengthy 3 minute cooldown. But whenever it's not on cooldown you're going to be instantly plowing through entire rooms with mass intermediate magic spam. If meteor storm also ends up being spammable things will get pretty ridiculous and beyond broken...
uoi100

Post by uoi100 »

Majimari wrote:Magic was definitely in need of a buff but being able to spam intermediate magic sounds pretty broken in my opinion. Sure there's the whole lengthy 3 minute cooldown. But whenever it's not on cooldown you're going to be instantly plowing through entire rooms with mass intermediate magic spam. If meteor storm also ends up being spammable things will get pretty ridiculous and beyond broken...
I doubt meteor storm would be spamable I just don't see that xD. But this allows magic to be able to burst to higher amounts of damage compared to before. Also in exchange to being able to instant skill cast, magic damage has also been nerfed. So after your 12 seconds of extreme overkill, you'll be weak for the next... 3 minutes LOL. But then theres the new magic protection stat, if its applied to monsters too then I can see a reason why magic was weakened.
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

I'm still crying over how weak our magic got with this update.

I don't care if people try to say that "Instant Cast" will make up for it. I don't want to be forced to use Instant Cast in order to do good damage with Magic. I'd rather we have the same, old formula going on, to have same damage if it means, no buff, as long as we still get to keep the Instant Cast, Mobile Cast, and Meteor Storm.
uoi100

Post by uoi100 »

if we kept the old formula with the new skills magic would be broken. You would deal way too much damage with the instant casting skill if we kept the old formula.

Example:
Spoiler: show
Hailstorm's damage based on old formula (1500 int, masteries, reforges, enchants, magic power potion, rosemary)
around 7,968+ damage with 5 charges

in 12 seconds you would deal a total of 95,625 normal damage with the instant casting skill. With a maximum crit potential of: 239k+ crit damage

Vs

Hailstorm's damage based on new formula (1500 int, masteries, reforges, enchants, magic power potion, rosemary)

around 4196+ damage with 5 charges

in 12 seconds you would deal 50k+ normal damage with the instant casting skill.
With a maximum of crit potential of: 125k+ crit damage.
With the new formula, yes we deal a lot less damage but its controllable. Can you imagine if they put 50% magic protection because of our old formula? That would hurt every mage in the game especially the new ones, because the only way for you to deal feasible damage is to get every possible end-game enchants and reforges as well as equipment like the rosemary glove.

Atleast with the new formula, its a buff towards the new/mid players that cannot get access to end-game enchants, equipment, reforges.

End-game mages may have a damage reduction cause of the new formula, but they'll still be doing a large amount of burst damage with instant casting than they could ever have done with just the old formula alone.

If anything, its just the magic constants that needs to be tweaked. The new formula's fireball actually does close to the old formula's fireball.

I also didn't like the structure of how the old formula was made anyways, the new formula is more simple and makes more sense to me lol.