[Testing] "Balance" Update

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
metricking

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by metricking »

Psy wrote:What about chain casting?
isnt instant cast just that? or will devcat make another version of it,most likely only for bolts -.-, or it will consume an insane amount of mana (or maybe stamina looking at mobile cast)
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

metricking wrote:
Psy wrote:What about chain casting?
isnt instant cast just that? or will devcat make another version of it,most likely only for bolts -.-, or it will consume an insane amount of mana (or maybe stamina looking at mobile cast)
I'm basing on these two posts:
Soluna wrote:
metricking wrote: anyways back to the main topic, if devcat truly wanted to balance magic shouldnt they just use straight out percents like all the other skill sets?or would that be a bit game breaking?
Until you realize they plan release skill like Chain Casting and Moving Casting...
Zeo wrote:
Soluna wrote:
metricking wrote: anyways back to the main topic, if devcat truly wanted to balance magic shouldnt they just use straight out percents like all the other skill sets?or would that be a bit game breaking?
Until you realize they plan release skill like Chain Casting and Moving Casting...
Chain Casting
Mobile Casting
Instant Casting
Meteor Shower

I believe there's the four new skills for the magic.

However... until the skills of those three Casting doesn't have cool-down or a short cool-down enough to be spammable... I still do not like the idea of new magic formula.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Psy wrote: I'm basing on these two posts:
Soluna wrote: Until you realize they plan release skill like Chain Casting and Moving Casting...
Don't quote me like that. Especially statements like that one. I like the word like.
OizenX

Post by OizenX »

Kenero wrote:The cap to 1,500 hp, 1,500 mana, and 1,500 stamina hurts DKs more than paladins.

If you have over 1,500 hp or 1,500 mana as a DK when trans, you're losing it.

Likewise, paladins who retain 2k+ stamina will be hurt by this.
I can see them increasing the cap on those though. I mean they increased the cap on stats, and they just keep giving us more.
Archiac

Post by Archiac »

OizenX wrote:
Kenero wrote:The cap to 1,500 hp, 1,500 mana, and 1,500 stamina hurts DKs more than paladins.

If you have over 1,500 hp or 1,500 mana as a DK when trans, you're losing it.

Likewise, paladins who retain 2k+ stamina will be hurt by this.
I can see them increasing the cap on those though. I mean they increased the cap on stats, and they just keep giving us more.
At the very least you don't have to worry about losing damage until your current hp/mp/sp is at your base hp/mp/sp. Though a stat uncap would also be nice.
jofdeath

Post by jofdeath »

Soluna wrote:
Psy wrote: I'm basing on these two posts:
Soluna wrote: Until you realize they plan release skill like Chain Casting and Moving Casting...
Don't quote me like that. Especially statements like that one. I like the word like.
what would be perfect for this case, is that when it comes with bolts its just a max base like, but when used with a CC wand of what it is, it allows int magic CC. which in one way will solve the abuse of speed PHX wand spaming, and the crown ice wand over kill dmg, and TH alone just the DPS would acutally be rather high(this one i would love to see if it was like this) and it would give a use for CC lightning wand and ice wand
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

Instant Cast:
- Instantly cast spells
- Duration: 12 seconds
- Cooldown: 3 minutes

Moving Cast:
- Allows movement when casting magic.
rF: The player can walk.
r5: The player can run.
r1: The player can run at 100% movement speed.
- The skill consumes 3% stamina per second at r1.

Meteor Storm:
- Deals 8200~12000 damage at r1.
- Continues to deal 1200 damage for 10 seconds.

Some of the training requirements are insane:

Meteor Casting:
- Deal 300,000 damage to multiple enemies
- Attack dragons.

Instant:
- Attack enemies during Instant Cast.
- Attack enemies with Fireball during Instant Cast.
- Attack enemies with Ice Spear during Instant Cast.
- Attack enemies with Thunder during Instant Cast.

Moving Cast
- Attack enemies while the skill is activated.
metricking

Post by metricking »

only thing i have left to ask is about moving cast..... in the case of int magic can u move AFTER its cast or only while ur casting it? if its only while ur casting id just get it to have rather than maxing it right away....
Daakun

Post by Daakun »

Yeah, if this move while casting thing doesn't work for int. magic, **** it.
I don't need to move while casting bolts, they're fast enough as-is.

Not buying into a stamina potion dependency for the tiniest of pretend benefits.
uoi100

Post by uoi100 »

instant cast is actually pretty nice, thats about 4~5 fireballs, and is meteor storm spamable? I would assume you could keep mobile casting on infinitely even if you're at 0 stamina? Otherwise ouch...