[Testing] "Balance" Update

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Locked
Soluna
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp
Posts: 4891
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by Soluna » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Armelle wrote: i think my weapon variation idea would at least keep them unique without really messing with the stats too much.
it doesn't do anything for the more recent multi race skill sets though, sadly.
I think one of the reason they are staying away from race restriction weapon/skills now is because of well... race!!

If you give out an weapon skill set only to a particular race, the other races can't get it so they get bored (Point* at Lance/Elf). And the lance was probably introduced to allow human/giant have amounted attack skill to offset Elf's ranged on mount, which after that, all skill became open to all race again.

The trend can be seen from C2 where players start to decline due to race/lack of story. Then you see C3 returning with alchemy a skill set available to all, storyline and loads of content (The Shadow Missions) etc...

The trend now however... is storyline + endless skills that is available to all, there hasn't really been a well-beefed 'content" update for awhile.

As for Balance <---
This game doesn't have any okay? Not even since the beginning since there was not even Stats Cap (Food Spammers say high?!), Point* at Fire Emblem, Second Seal = Endless Rebirth. Anyone with high enough level knows it, when you reach that "mark", it doesn't matter what race, what "class', what weapon you use anymore, you can clear the mission/dungeon/quest just fine. The only difference is because it is MMO, so something will REQUIRE you to have "friends" and that's just the simple truth.
Image

User avatar
Armelle
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp
Posts: 1901
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:27 pm
IGN(s): Awolkia Armelle
Server: Ruairi

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by Armelle » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:48 pm

Soluna wrote:If you give out an weapon skill set only to a particular race, the other races can't get it so they get bored (Point* at Lance/Elf).
my ideas generally used all the existing skill sets,though. all i did was make weapons for the other races to be able to use them.

as for the balance remark,nothing really has true balance.
even games that patch in balancing things either undoes it,or buffs something else
and then they patch it again and it loops.

really,the only balance i was implying here was to give elf a melee equivalent, and giants a ranged equivalent (javelins don't count shut up)
i'm tired of them missing out.
if they do anything to buff our stats,fine by me.

ill just sit over here,not getting lances or the berserk skill [spoiler];_;[/spoiler]
Image

nandattebayo
Rank 8 Aer
Rank 8 Aer
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:06 pm
IGN(s): Kurodo
Server: Tarlach

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by nandattebayo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:52 pm

hen937 wrote:Know you may claim that elf's have more stam but yet again that invalid, elf can get at max 818 where humans receive 809 but if you complete the journal entries for transformation human receive once again a total of 822. where elf's doing the same transformation quest will receive add hp.

Humans get HP from the transformation quests, not stamina.

User avatar
hen937
Rank B Elatha
Rank B Elatha
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 pm
IGN(s): Loveforlife
Server: Tarlach

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by hen937 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Armelle wrote:
metricking wrote:SERIOUSLY WHAT HAPPENED TO BALANCED RACE.
metricking wrote:anyways am i the only one who feels elves should get an exclusive magic destiny?, i mean i can see that fitting into the game easily, something like recently discovered ruins that contain secrets of lost elven magic
as much as i see your point of view,and am also a "suffering elf"-i really don't believe making more race exclusive stuff is going to make any of this better.
the game started from the base up as a jack of all trades game, the only reason it isn't anymore is because of these stupid races they added.
you could argue they stopped doing the jack of all trades when they added dark knights, really. can't have both.

what the races need are something that makes up for what they don't have/replaces what they can't use for something of equal use.
(and i don't mean for the sake of using it, make it strong enough to compete with what they are missing out on)
and to be quite blunt about it, a few int or mana points aside. magic is the most universal skill set in the game if you ignore dumb alchemy.

while the stat ideas i had probably aren't perfect, especially after this "rebalance" i did have some ideas for replacement weapons:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1541&start=50#p14789

as for them not being as good with weapons that use str, well.
i dunno, honestly. theres no way around it without them giving them better str gain.
and at that point youd may as well make all the races entirely equal,no?

its kind of an endless loop of "jack of all trades" or "jack of some trades with a few minor damage losses"

i think my weapon variation idea would at least keep them unique without really messing with the stats too much.
it doesn't do anything for the more recent multi race skill sets though, sadly.
The reason i joined mabinogi in beta was because humans could be anything after a major hacking and my character got completely deleted, i when elf. While i thought this would gain some benefits it never did but a major point i wanted to point out that seems to be a theme of this game is the idea that all characters can do anything at any time no class restrictions. So, why do we have race restrictions? If we looks at this logically lets take history for example in real life when they first made crossbows, like mabinogi tries to be in, it would take major strength and while maybe some cultures didn't have it in the begging it didn't take tribes long before they developed a long bow. A long bows take a large amount of strength with dex. So why would elf's be good at something that would knock the wind them because they lack the strength. In history it took some cultures only a couple of years to learn a new skills like bows. when giants cant even throw a rock it kinda getting a little sad.I mean giants are in a cold climate but that doesn't mean they would completely not use throws to there advantage hell that mite even me inclination to start working with bows so they didn't have to travel threw the snow so far. To be elf's living in the desert should have developed some strength because they had to move all there stuff threw sand and the heat. Not to mention that it would take them several day to reach a major hub or town so they have clime threw mountains and other such. I am not saying give giants the world but at least give them the chance to do it weather giants become pro archers is up to them but if you really want to create a Nerf like elf's to combat. we do the smash at a giant rank 3 apply it the other way so they gain less stats form it but can still rank it. And do the same for lances, and for the god dam humans nerf something with them. I mean really if we wanted gods nexon you love child humans are the best example of the perfect fuck you to all other races.

And on a side note there is two armors elf's can wear given they are a male like colossus and dragon, and lugs armor but even then you have to be a male to get the passive defense bonus.

and i think there should be commerce iraid, and elf's and giant's should be able to choose if they want to stay with there race to go to the other side. Much like darkNight and Pally, i mean really i am tried of beating giants for one i like to be held in there arms. Tunus and the elf women did it why can't we ?

User avatar
Kapra
Rank 2 Eiry
Rank 2 Eiry
Posts: 948
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:09 am

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by Kapra » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:08 pm

There's four, actually. Lugh Armor, Colossus, Dragon Rider, Dragon Scale. (Also, Chinese Dragon is a light but has heavy armor base stats, making it more effective than the Elven heavy armors at this time.)

But ya, I don't see why races even exist outside of cosmetics. I think they should just merge humans and elves with matching their advantages, then match the stats/skills with giants, and give giants elven features as well. And none of this "this race can't have this color blank" crap either. But we all know that will never happen, there really isn't a way to fix this hole.
I don't recall giving you permission to highlight this page.

metricking
Rank C Dark Commander
Rank C Dark Commander
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:37 pm
IGN(s): xjking56
Server: Alexna

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by metricking » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:26 pm

random thought, since there will not be anymore crystals like golem and barrier, does that mean there is a better chance of a gem or whatever dropping in a shadow mission reward chest? or will it just be thunder,ice spear or fireball crystals O.o?inb4devcatfindsevencrappieritemsforthechest
[spoiler]why are u trying to look at this?[/spoiler]

nandattebayo
Rank 8 Aer
Rank 8 Aer
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:06 pm
IGN(s): Kurodo
Server: Tarlach

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by nandattebayo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:37 pm

metricking wrote:random thought, since there will not be anymore crystals like golem and barrier, does that mean there is a better chance of a gem or whatever dropping in a shadow mission reward chest? or will it just be thunder,ice spear or fireball crystals O.o?inb4devcatfindsevencrappieritemsforthechest
Normal crystals replace them. Have fun raging.

Pryderi
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 am
IGN(s): Eirinn
Server: Ruairi

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by Pryderi » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:51 am

I personally think this will destroy the few that Mabi had of Game Balance

Archiac
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:04 am
IGN(s): Archiac
Server: Alexina

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by Archiac » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:58 am

nandattebayo wrote:
metricking wrote:random thought, since there will not be anymore crystals like golem and barrier, does that mean there is a better chance of a gem or whatever dropping in a shadow mission reward chest? or will it just be thunder,ice spear or fireball crystals O.o?inb4devcatfindsevencrappieritemsforthechest
Normal crystals replace them. Have fun raging.
I wont be raging since I no longer have to waste my arat crystals on restocking shock, and life drain crystals. I don't have to spend an hour in my homestead collecting around 20 pollen for cloud crystals. This will make things much easier for me. However I do want to know if the mana crystalization crystals uses a ratio of the four elements or do we still have to craft them? Soluna didn't mentioned it on her post so I would like to know.

Soluna
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp
Posts: 4891
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by Soluna » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Archiac wrote:However I do want to know if the mana crystalization crystals uses a ratio of the four elements or do we still have to craft them? Soluna didn't mentioned it on her post so I would like to know.
Soluna wrote: And I like the the fact in notes it says things that doesn't make sense at all like Mana Crystalization can only be used with FB, IS, TH...? Wasn't it always that way... and the fact that "Raising" HP MP SP cap to 1500 at max is definitely a nerf <_<...
I didn't mention in the initial post, but I did touch on it eventually. Yes, you still make them through ovens, though with magic damage formula changing, I dunno what will be the effects on produced crystal rank.
Image

Locked