[Testing] Advance Magic Skills and Others

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
radionoise

Re: [Testing] Advance Magic Skills and Others

Post by radionoise »

Soluna wrote:And I forgot to mention Meteor Strike Training got tougher, increased training times and amount of 300k Dmg increased to 500k. I'd actually want to see that...
I haven't tested personally, but ppl ranking it told me that it's cumulative.

So you could just go somewhere with 10~20 enemies and hit 25~50k dmg on each to fulfill the requirement.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

radionoise wrote: I haven't tested personally, but ppl ranking it told me that it's cumulative.

So you could just go somewhere with 10~20 enemies and hit 25~50k dmg on each to fulfill the requirement.
It is cumulative, but it doesn't mean it is easy to do.

Attack 15+ enemy 300 times.
Attack dragons 300 times.
Attack multiple targets over 500k 50 times.
Attack field bosses.

Yea that look nice with 30 min cool down.

Not to mention if the damage is divide into 3 phases, if some enemy die on first contact, next damage would be ducted to 0.

The fact that Blaze's Coefficent is "0.06" and have a more wowing number (Which was actually nerfed from the inital "1.00") versus Meteor Strike's "10" and "30" at rank 1... I dunno... I think it should have been Blaze's training requirement... maybe...

Which is why I say I want to see it. I haven't seen impressive results from Meteor Strike.
uoi100

Post by uoi100 »

thats a nasty training requirement lol, I still wish they reduced the cooldown so it would be more usable.
metricking

Post by metricking »

uoi100 wrote:thats a nasty training requirement lol, I still wish they reduced the cooldown so it would be usable.
fixed
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Ka...me...ha...me...ha...

Who needs... Meteor Strike...
jofdeath

Post by jofdeath »

Soluna wrote:Ka...me...ha...me...ha...

Who needs... Meteor Strike...
crisis+flame burst+this=good bye boss NPC terny
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Blaze coefficient reduced from 0.06 to 0.03 LOL...
New Coefficient:
Fireball 12
Ice Spear 1.4
Thunder 2.1
Hail 3.2

Screw Uppercut and Bone Dragon Protection Reduction Buffed due to Protection Changes to monsters.
90 -> 350, and 90 -> 1000

That is 90% protection to 350 protection and 1000 protection. (How protection reduction work is monster with certain amount of protection, the protection debuffs will have no effects on them, it use to be monster with about 90% protection will not be effected by the debuffs.)
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Soluna wrote:Blaze coefficient reduced from 0.06 to 0.03 LOL...
New Coefficient:
Fireball 12
Ice Spear 1.4
Thunder 2.1
Hail 3.2
Overall, are these a buff or a nerf compared to before all this balancing?
Daakun

Post by Daakun »

Using r1 ice spear, no enchants/other shenanigans, and the 740 int my mage has these for max damage calculations:

1 charge old: 240 * 1.37 = 328.8
5 charges old: 240 * 6.5 * 1.37 = 2137.2
1 charge new: 240 + (740 / 5 * 1.4) = 447.2
5 charges new: 240 * 6.5 + (740 / 5 * 1.4 * 6.5) = 2906.8 (?)
Kenero wrote:캐릭터 능력치에 의해 조정된 수치가 차징 횟수만큼 적용되도록 수정되어 최종 대미지가
상향 되었습니다.
- someone... help (???)
Google Translate wrote:The numeric character stats adjusted by the number of times the charging has been modified to be applicable, the final damage has been increased.
Google translate leads me to believe the int bonus (int / 5 * skill bonus) now cares about the number of charges loaded rather than only getting applied a flat once per cast.
So, uh, whether this is a good thing or not depends on if more charges = more int bonus applied and I'm not grasping at straws with google translate.

Otherwise the 5 charge new formula is like so:
240 * 6.5 + (740 / 5 * 1.4) = 1767.2

Not the most flattering transition.

Edit: While I'm here, mathed out some stuff.
For any spell to deal more damage after this update, Base damage / 100 / 4 must be less than the int bonus factor. (this being 1% of the max damage, or 20 int with the current formula, divided by 4 to see the number we need to beat for the new int/5 * factor formula)

The factor to match current with new damage is listed below; all skills at r1 with only one charge, aside from Fireball.
Also not entirely sure how Blaze works, soooo... I didn't even attempt it.

Ice Bolt: 0.2
Lightning Bolt: 0.375
Fire Bolt: 0.3

Ice/Lightning: 0.575
Ice/Fire: 0.5
Lightning/Fire: 0.675

Ice Spear: 0.6
Thunder: 1
Fireball: 6 (?)

Hailstorm: 0.75

Shockwave: 1
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

I still don't get why they left the cooldown of Meteor Strike untouched.

30 minutes is OBVIOUSLY too extreme, and need to be reduced down to like... 15 minutes cooldown maximum.