[Testing] Advance Magic Skills and Others

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

Re: [Testing] Advance Magic Skills and Others

Post by Soluna »

jofdeath wrote: btw this is done without buffs and just my crit gear
and i got 139 bear hand with this(91.7 with dmg gear)
So... what did you do to Tarlach?
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

jofdeath wrote:
Majimari wrote:
jofdeath wrote:the update may be soon, but they always do some tweeking in regards to live input
I seriously hope they do some MAJOR tweeking before then. Because a lot of people aren't going to be too pleased if their R upgraded weapons become worthless due to it being impossible to get a crit anymore. Like I would be fine with the prot buff if they had at least reworked how much critical chance gets decreased per point of protection. At least that way monsters could be harder to kill while not making R-type weapons (that aren't lances or guns) worthless.
did someone say crit
btw this is done without buffs and just my crit gear
Needing to sacrifice max damage in order to be able to crit isn't really acceptable for most people. Not to mention that obtaining stats like that are late-game exclusive.
jofdeath

Post by jofdeath »

nandattebayo wrote:
jofdeath wrote:
Majimari wrote:
jofdeath wrote:the update may be soon, but they always do some tweeking in regards to live input
I seriously hope they do some MAJOR tweeking before then. Because a lot of people aren't going to be too pleased if their R upgraded weapons become worthless due to it being impossible to get a crit anymore. Like I would be fine with the prot buff if they had at least reworked how much critical chance gets decreased per point of protection. At least that way monsters could be harder to kill while not making R-type weapons (that aren't lances or guns) worthless.
did someone say crit
Needing to sacrifice max damage in order to be able to crit isn't really acceptable for most people. Not to mention that obtaining stats like that are late-game exclusive.
ya... not really, im using some of my max dmg with that, my crit hat is 19 crit, 18 from the stat bonuses and +10 will and i also got +10 dex, and im losing 40 max dmg(with mana shield on, i like butterfly, especial since i got max roll first try on 2/3 thames boots) and when it comes down to it, i just balance the crit and dmg to the point where i got ether cap crit or close to cap crit on enemys so its easyer to know what to use
Soluna wrote:
uuh ummm..."trys and hide face" i left him in sidhe sneachta(ive still never binable to spell this, and i always have wiki open...)
btw y comment about tarlach with that anyways
Sky

Post by Sky »

I am able to keep 140%+ crit with my gear damage, which is what's needed for now to crit pretty much almost all monsters. But then, not sure what's up with the update, I don't think it's something to worry much.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

jofdeath wrote:
Soluna wrote:
uuh ummm..."trys and hide face" i left him in sidhe sneachta(ive still never binable to spell this, and i always have wiki open...)
^
jofdeath

Post by jofdeath »

Soluna wrote:
jofdeath wrote:
Soluna wrote:
^
"facepalm" i see, na i just got panda paws
Majimari

Post by Majimari »

jofdeath wrote: did someone say crit
Yeah, well most people don't want to be forced into heavily neglecting max damage for more crit. Like if I got all Will and Luck giving skills to rank 1 in addition to getting all Will and Luck giving talents to level 15, I would only have 160%+ crit with my speedy heavy punch champion knuckles. But that's without neglecting max damage. So the only way I could ever get higher than that is if I started neglecting max damage and just loaded myself up on crit enchants.
jofdeath

Post by jofdeath »

Majimari wrote:
jofdeath wrote: did someone say crit
Yeah, well most people don't want to be forced into heavily neglecting max damage for more crit. Like if I got all Will and Luck giving skills to rank 1 in addition to getting all Will and Luck giving talents to level 15, I would only have 160%+ crit with my speedy heavy punch champion knuckles. But that's without neglecting max damage. So the only way I could ever get higher than that is if I started neglecting max damage and just loaded myself up on crit enchants.
thing is i just got master fighter talent and 5 will from adventure(or something close to that) so more or less i just got +80ish will, i think i only got 1.2ish AP or so in regards to will state alone to even get that high, and im using close combat at the time
Majimari

Post by Majimari »

jofdeath wrote:thing is i just got master fighter talent and 5 will from adventure(or something close to that) so more or less i just got +80ish will, i think i only got 1.2ish AP or so in regards to will state alone to even get that high, and im using close combat at the time
Ah, well I'm a grandmaster fighter and have 700+ will. But aside from rA commerce mastery I haven't really done much ranking of luck giving skills yet. As far as talents go I'm always on a talent that isn't fighter since I've been busy ranking other skills. Despite all that I won't be able to get any higher than 160%+ crit unless I neglect max damage.
uoi100

Post by uoi100 »

meh I'd go full max damage, since majority of the skills I use ignore crit calculations anyways lol.