[Preview] New music related update

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Shuichiro

Re: [Preview] New music related update

Post by Shuichiro »

This is Odd
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

I remember old Windows 95 had an edit option for MIDI to add Synth voice which ended up sounding like charlie brown's teacher. I'm betting that it.
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

Aegis wrote:I remember old Windows 95 had an edit option for MIDI to add Synth voice which ended up sounding like charlie brown's teacher. I'm betting that it.
That actually sounds pretty cool. Did they take that out in Windows 98? Cuz I don't remember that existing
OizenX

Post by OizenX »

Aegis wrote:I remember old Windows 95 had an edit option for MIDI to add Synth voice which ended up sounding like charlie brown's teacher. I'm betting that it.
In that case, I want my singing voice to be Microsoft Sam.
Daakun

Post by Daakun »

Not sure I like the direction this is going.
First we get magic weapon benefits with knuckles, now we get music skills with anything at r5+ singing?

I'll hold out for the Bowguns. >_>
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Daakun wrote:Not sure I like the direction this is going.
First we get magic weapon benefits with knuckles, now we get music skills with anything at r5+ singing?
I'm not sure if you or I are misunderstanding this, but I don't think that's what it's saying. From what I understand, singing temporarily buffs your music buff effect. And you can't sing without a microphone until r5. Not that you can use singing to do music buff skills.
Phaedroth

Post by Phaedroth »

Well if it is something that buffs your music, requiring a microphone is a bit silly.
For most instruments it makes sense with the standing microphone, but with the wireless one I don't see how it would work, assuming the microphone is meant to be an off-hand item for instruments, in place of a score scroll.
(Wireless Microphone + Flute = ...huh?)

Its more likely that the Sing skill is an alternative to Playing Instrument. The music buff increase from Sing only being available to singing while Playing Instrument's would only be for playing an instrument. To balance the ability to use Sing without any additional equipment, its likely the total music bonus from the skill will be lower than the total from Playing Instrument.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Soluna wrote:

Source

Ow... my ears...
uoi100

Post by uoi100 »