[KR Update] Professor J, the Alchemist Hero

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Zeo

Re: [KR Update] Professor Update

Post by Zeo »

There's some rumors going on that only Alchemy skill that doesn't work with Guard Cylinder is Heat Buster.

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?
Ruutie

Re: [KR Update] The Sage of Night, Professor J

Post by Ruutie »

So then the question is, If you need to Summon the Golem with Dual Cylinders.. I wonder if you still have to keep them equipped afterwards to retain the AI effect.
Yoruki

Post by Yoruki »

It's confirmed that you CAN use it. Look at the first video from the "elemental buff" link in the first post. It's someone using it.
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

Yoruki wrote:It's confirmed that you CAN use it. Look at the first video from the "elemental buff" link in the first post. It's someone using it.
Ah I missed that. Thank you.

Editted:: I noticed the video have a person dual-wielding Cylinder, so it is not exactly confirmed then. If someone can confirm it using Guard Cylinder while having something else equipped (not cylinder) using Heat Buster... that would be great!
Ruutie

Post by Ruutie »

OizenX wrote:Say. I know this isnt entirely relevant but, what happens to Magic Golems? ._.
Good question.
KeiAngilPark

Post by KeiAngilPark »

Zeo wrote:Beside rebirthing with certain Zero cards.

How do you obtain all those new alchemy skills?

Although Guard Cylinder Mastery is pretty obvious... equip Guard Cylinder to get it..

But what about...

Elemental Wave
Hydra
Golden Time

...?
For elemental wave, you get a low chance of obtaining the skill when chain cylinder activates.

Golden time, when elemental wave is at least rank A, there is a low chance of obtaining the skill when elemental wave is used.

Lastly, for hydra transmutation, you get a quest after obtaining rank F guard cylinder mastery.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Re: [KR Update] The Sage of Night, Professor J

Post by ferghus »

@KeiAngilPark:
The translation is much appreciated, but since there is already a thread on this, I'll be merging 'em. :3

This update looks pretty sweet, btw. Makes me want to play my Alchemist.

Apparently the -10% alchemy damage penalty occurs only if you have just the Guard Cylinder equipped. I think it doesn't apply if you are dual wielding cylinders?
Kenero

Re: [KR Update] Professor J, the Alchemist Hero

Post by Kenero »

While it may not be OP, Alchemy is at least usable in Hard Missions now.

Though in this case it appears as a bug.
Last edited by Kenero on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
jjward13

Post by jjward13 »

Giving the versatile alchemy even more versatility. I'm actually impressed with this one devcat <3
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Kenero wrote: While it may not be OP, Alchemy is at least usable in Hard Missions now.
Alchemy has always been "usable" in Hard Mission, it has not always been very "efficient".

And the video is a BUG, when force cancel golem summoning in elemental wave state you get unlimited elemental wave.
jjward13 wrote:Giving the versatile alchemy even more versatility. I'm actually impressed with this one devcat <3
Or the other way to view it is they given up on alchemy as a main and allow it to exist to the other style of combat as support, which... was what they always were anyway.
Ruutie wrote:
OizenX wrote:Say. I know this isnt entirely relevant but, what happens to Magic Golems? ._.
Good question.
Because they changed the old alchemy system to not use anything other than the 4 base elemental crystals anymore, Magic Golems went extinct like they normally would when used up. I am not sure if the existing Magic Golem Crystals are recycled through the compensation, but I know things like Shock Crystals and Snow Golem Crystals are compensated as 2k each and the most I believe is Cloud crystal as 5k each.