[KR Update] Professor J, the Alchemist Hero

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Zeo

Re: [KR Update] Professor J, the Alchemist Hero

Post by Zeo »

Zeo wrote:
Yoruki wrote:It's confirmed that you CAN use it. Look at the first video from the "elemental buff" link in the first post. It's someone using it.
Ah I missed that. Thank you.

Editted:: I noticed the video have a person dual-wielding Cylinder, so it is not exactly confirmed then. If someone can confirm it using Guard Cylinder while having something else equipped (not cylinder) using Heat Buster... that would be great!
Going to bring this post of mine up again since it is still not answered. I looked through the thread few times, so I apologize if I missed any tiny details.
yumri

Post by yumri »

ok so no G18 projected date w/e but what about any projected date for this stuff?
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

Zeo wrote:
Zeo wrote:
Yoruki wrote:It's confirmed that you CAN use it. Look at the first video from the "elemental buff" link in the first post. It's someone using it.
Ah I missed that. Thank you.

Editted:: I noticed the video have a person dual-wielding Cylinder, so it is not exactly confirmed then. If someone can confirm it using Guard Cylinder while having something else equipped (not cylinder) using Heat Buster... that would be great!
Going to bring this post of mine up again since it is still not answered. I looked through the thread few times, so I apologize if I missed any tiny details.
You can use the guard cylinder + another weapon.

Including wand, sword, 2h (giants), maces, axes, etc. since Guard Cylinder is technically a shield.

However, there is a damage penalty (up to 10% at rank 1) if you are not dual wielding cylinders. You also will not be able to charge up "elemental wave".

You go to Mabination as well right? We covered that question over there. xD
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

yumri wrote:ok so no G18 projected date w/e but what about any projected date for this stuff?
G18 will be soonest 2 weeks from now. Last patch of G18 will be 9 weeks after the first patch. The Druid update will be a month or probably multiple after the last patch of G18, then with Diva next month then this after another month. So soonest possible for NA would get this is November 29th, assuming we take the minimum path. (Not including possibility of getting multiple patches in one, which is really doubtful imo.)
OizenX

Post by OizenX »

I kinda like what I see with this update, but at the same time I feel like its not really addressing alchemy's problem.

Grandmaster still only applies to a wopping 3 skills of alchemy, and The Difference between Master and grandmaster is almost unnoticeable. (Yay....1 whole fire damage)

And is there anything about making Construct alchemy worth it again? I mean those ovens are gonna be for Mana Crystalization only by this point.
Kerberus

Post by Kerberus »

OizenX wrote:
Soluna wrote:
Kenero wrote: While it may not be OP, Alchemy is at least usable in Hard Missions now.
Alchemy has always been "usable" in Hard Mission, it has not always been very "efficient".
As a alchemy user since g9 is out, i have been always using alchemy at hard level mission, elite and even lord right now, must say that it is really lame at lord ( whats the surprise? ) but it was actually always usefull at elite missions, Hard mission is really easy to do with our actual alchemy. Alchemy ( atm ) is all about strategy, if you dont know how to use, you will die.

OizenX wrote:I kinda like what I see with this update, but at the same time I feel like its not really addressing alchemy's problem.

Grandmaster still only applies to a wopping 3 skills of alchemy, and The Difference between Master and grandmaster is almost unnoticeable. (Yay....1 whole fire damage)

And is there anything about making Construct alchemy worth it again? I mean those ovens are gonna be for Mana Crystalization only by this point.
I must agree that the GM title for battle alchemy is lame, but the frozen blast buff it gives is really nice actually and seems way better with the AOE it gets from Elemental wave.
Even though a renewal on the title would be good...

____

Had to make a account here just to say that. qq
Darkelourd

Post by Darkelourd »

How do these guard cylinders stack up as shields? Do their upgrades apply to defenses or alchemy damage, or both? I assume they're affected by Shield Mastery, but does Guard Cylinder mastery affect their defenses or just their function as cylinders?
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Darkelourd wrote:How do these guard cylinders stack up as shields? Do their upgrades apply to defenses or alchemy damage, or both? I assume they're affected by Shield Mastery, but does Guard Cylinder mastery affect their defenses or just their function as cylinders?
These guard cylinders have no base defense or protection but do have magic defense and magic protection. Guard Cylinder Mastery adds to their magic protection and magic defense. I am not sure of their upgrades, but I doubt they are influenced by Shield Mastery.
metricking

Post by metricking »

what ranks do these cards have?, im more interested in if it has spark or not.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

metricking wrote:what ranks do these cards have?, im more interested in if it has spark or not.
I am not gonna list them now [s](cuz I am lazy on weekends)[/s], but yes the Hero Card for Professor Talent have Spark included (So yea, you don't have to hunt the pages.).

But remember, you can't rebirth with Hero Cards so is pointless to existing characters.
Psy wrote:I am not sure of their upgrades.
They have no damage upgrades, only crit upgrades if I recall. The Rebis Guard Cylinder, the one in the image is special item for logging in at 6/8.