[KR Update] Professor J, the Alchemist Hero

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

[KR Update] Professor J, the Alchemist Hero

Post by Soluna »

The New Hero is Doctor JProfessor J

Hero Talent consist of Battle/Construct Alchemy and Combat Talent.

Special Weapon introduced is Guard Cylinder, allowing dual wield cylinder:

New Skill introduced:
^Yes, that is golem's appearance under Elemental Wave's buff.

The new Hydra summons skill from alchemy...

Lowers magic defensive stats from monsters similar to uppercut in fighter, require guard cylinder to use.

Elemental wave:
Buff alchemy skills
http://blog.naver.com/fzimon6666/60193298788

Golden Time:
Similar to instant cast for alchemy.

Guard Cylinder Mastery:
Need I say more...?

Zzzz...

And of course... fashion outfit from the hero:
jjward13

Re: [KR Update] Professor Update

Post by jjward13 »

Elemental wave looks so beautiful....it makes everything so beautiful ;~; windy wants
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

jjward13 wrote:Elemental wave looks so beautiful....it makes everything so beautiful ;~; windy wants
If you notice in the videos the 4 circles, they are elemental charges, you need to fill up all 4 circles before you can cast Elemental Wave.
Each circle stand for 1 element and you need to use different elemental alchemy to fill it up.

Unless you use Golden Time, which instant fill the circles, but it has cool down similar to Instant Cast, 3 min for every use.

P.S. Guard Cylinders can't be equipped alone, but you can equip with other 1 hand weapons.
jjward13

Post by jjward13 »

Soluna wrote:
jjward13 wrote:Elemental wave looks so beautiful....it makes everything so beautiful ;~; windy wants
If you notice in the videos the 4 circles, they are elemental charges, you need to fill up all 4 circles before you can cast Elemental Wave.
Each circle stand for 1 element and you need to use different elemental alchemy to fill it up.

Unless you use Golden Time, which instant fill the circles, but it has cool down similar to Instant Cast, 3 min for every use.
That makes it all the more interesting <3 Granted NA won't see this for quite a long time, I will definitely be looking forward to it...inb4 people start calling alchemy op again ;~;
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

jjward13 wrote: That makes it all the more interesting <3 Granted NA won't see this for quite a long time, I will definitely be looking forward to it...inb4 people start calling alchemy op again ;~;
Don't worry... is not op at all...
Daakun

Post by Daakun »

Daakun wrote:Not sure I like the direction this is going.
First we get magic weapon benefits with knuckles, now we get music skills with anything at r5+ singing?
As seen before twice, guh. Now we get shield/alchemy benefits with any other one-handed weapon.
Really, I'll just sit back here and wait for the bowguns; iirc they're the only two main forms of combat that haven't been paired with anything yet. >_>
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Daakun wrote: As seen before twice, guh. Now we get shield/alchemy benefits with any other one-handed weapon.
Really, I'll just sit back here and wait for the bowguns; iirc they're the only two main forms of combat that haven't been paired with anything yet. >_>
Funny isn't it? Because the other two is not quite the same as this one, and with all these "new" weapon they are adding, they are changing the base of one main and one aux weapon slot idea.

With this guard cylinder, it allow you equip 1 hand weapon and have a shield/cylinder while having a aux. slow open still (Not sure if giant can equip lance with it), so potentially open up to 5 skill sets if you equip Suilen Magical Knuckles.

Given the fact that yes, using Guard Cylinder alone lowers your alchemy damage by 10%, but it was never about damage for alchemy anyway.

Now imagine if something like this comes alone in the future:

Then imagine the Shield being a Guard Cylinder, then imagine the aux slot being another dual property weapon...

Go Big Giant or Go Home
OizenX

Post by OizenX »

Hmmm...

This makes me want to see Alchemy with Lances. Lucky Giants
Last edited by OizenX on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

OizenX wrote:They've also made Frozen Blast much more useful.
There are some changes to shocks visuals and heat buster too
Elemental Wave Enhancement.
OizenX

Post by OizenX »

Soluna wrote:
OizenX wrote:They've also made Frozen Blast much more useful.
There are some changes to shocks visuals and heat buster too
Elemental Wave Enhancement.
So they're ONLY like that if you use Elemental Wave?

And Im curious, can you charge with a guard cylinder?