[JP] Rebirth System Update + Manga in the making

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Syrentus

Re: [JP] Rebirth System Update + Manga in the making

Post by Syrentus »

Psy wrote:This is disturbing, I'd rather keep the current RB system than get Japan's version. Japan's version means you can't 2+1 rebirth, you can't do the week long 20 method. (A method I use where you stay 20 for 1 week but 17 for 1 day, instead of the other way around, where you RB right before age 21, and you are able to RB anytime your 20 if they decide to release a DR.) Only advantage of this update I can see is that you can get a minor amount of AP each aging time if you decide to be age 10. Sounds like they're gambling losing their 2+1 buyers to see if they can turn them into weekly rebirthers.
If I'm not mistaken couldn't you still do this with any age? If you for example rebirthed to age 10 and you would rebirth at age 13 wouldn't you have the same ability to stay 13 for one whole week. Then come Friday or Saturday before age up time you rebirth to 10 years old you would then age up to 11. This would knock off 1 week from your 3 week counter, making it 2 weeks until your next available rebirth? This is assuming I'm not missing anything.
Ebrithil

Post by Ebrithil »

Syrentus wrote:
Psy wrote:This is disturbing, I'd rather keep the current RB system than get Japan's version. Japan's version means you can't 2+1 rebirth, you can't do the week long 20 method. (A method I use where you stay 20 for 1 week but 17 for 1 day, instead of the other way around, where you RB right before age 21, and you are able to RB anytime your 20 if they decide to release a DR.) Only advantage of this update I can see is that you can get a minor amount of AP each aging time if you decide to be age 10. Sounds like they're gambling losing their 2+1 buyers to see if they can turn them into weekly rebirthers.
If I'm not mistaken couldn't you still do this with any age? If you for example rebirthed to age 10 and you would rebirth at age 13 wouldn't you have the same ability to stay 13 for one whole week. Then come Friday or Saturday before age up time you rebirth to 10 years old you would then age up to 11. This would knock off 1 week from your 3 week counter, making it 2 weeks until your next available rebirth? This is assuming I'm not missing anything.
If I am understanding correctly, they are changing it to not be related to age. The old system you could only do 2+1 because the 3-week free rebirth was imposed only by the fact that you have to age at least 3 times to get to 20, and age up always happens on the same day. I don't think the rebirthing is related to age anymore, meaning that there is a hard 3 week (21 day) time limit before rebirthing.
Euphie

Post by Euphie »

Ebrithil wrote:
Syrentus wrote:
Psy wrote:If I am understanding correctly, they are changing it to not be related to age. The old system you could only do 2+1 because the 3-week free rebirth was imposed only by the fact that you have to age at least 3 times to get to 20, and age up always happens on the same day. I don't think the rebirthing is related to age anymore, meaning that there is a hard 3 week (21 day) time limit before rebirthing.
I like you, because we both thought about the same thing when we saw this update.

This is an interesting mental exercise.
On one hand, the game can continue to function as it always has; permitting a (paid) rebirth after 6 days (so long as 7 calendar days have passed), and as long as you rebirth before the time everyone ages up, you'll turn 18 by that time on that day. Then, you get a free rebirth based on the fact that you've become 20 two weeks from that point, and you can basically rinse and repeat.

So, right now, Paid rebirth is based completely on calendar day (So long as you've waited from one Saturday to the next, etc etc, you're made eligible for card rebirth).
Right now, Free rebirth is based on the character reaching a certain age (albeit static; it's 20 whether you rebirth to 17 or 16 or 10).

Ultimately, what they could do is make it based on Calendar day (like paid rebirth, which would suck), hard time limit (21 days even; basically the same result as the first with no flexibility), or make it a variable age depending on what age you rb to (if you go to 16, it'll be 19, regardless of how much time has passed). Hopefully it's the latter!
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

I like this system regardless, as it will allow you flexibility in the age range you want your char to be between. No longer will free rebirth characters be limited to ages 17-20. This is especially useful if you want to wear certain clothes that are age-restricted.