[NA Update] Gunslinger: 7 August 2013 Patch Notes and Events

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Zeyborg

[NA Update] Gunslinger: 7 August 2013 Patch Notes and Events

Post by Zeyborg »

Since the writing department at Nexon NA are quite lacking, and they, nor the players are viewing it as an issue that there are no visible changes to patches, I will be writing an unofficial patch notes analysis to help fix this issue.
While this information is already available on the internet, this is posted here for convenience, so you wouldn't have to search through multiple threads just to figure out what happened in the recent patch.
Please click the See More button to view more information regarding such information.

7 August 2013 - Patch Notes

Talents (See More)
Gunslinger talent can now be obtained, equip a gun to begin learning the Gunslinger skills. You can obtain a gun by starting a character as a Gunslinger, buying one from the giant NPC at the Hillwen Mine in Physis of Iria, or craft one yourself with Hillwen Engineering.
The talent gives 0.25 INT and 0.25 STR per level, effects the training of Gunslinger skills (The new life skills will not be included in this talent)

Skills (See More)
Gunslinger
  • Dual Gun Mastery
  • Reload
  • Flash Launcher
  • Grapple Shot
  • Bullet Slide
  • Shooting Rush
  • Bullet Storm
  • Way of the Gun
Life
  • Hillwen Engineering
  • Magic Craft
  • Rare Mineralogy
  • Shyllien Ecology
Maps
It is now possible to access the Hillwen Mine of Physis and the Shyllien Nature Reserve of Connous, new enemies can be found there, and the new Life skills are obtained, and trained there.
Filia and Vales have been graphically updated.
Krug and Castanea have moved inside their houses. Duncan is left out.

Items
The following items have been added:
Dual Guns (See More)
  • Zeder II
  • Meriel PE
  • Dealla SE
  • Taunes MK3
  • Golden Dealla SE
  • Black Star
Accessories
  • Purple Heart
  • Drosera
  • Lucky Rabbit Foot
Armors
  • Languhiris Chaser Circlet
  • Languhiris Chaser Armor (M)
  • Languhiris Chaser Armor (F)
  • Languhiris Chaser Gloves
  • Languhiris Chaser Boots (M)
  • Languhiris Chaser Boots (F)
  • Bhafel Slayer Circlet
  • Bhafel Slayer Guard (M)
  • Bhafel Slayer Guard (F)
  • Bhafel Slayer Gauntlet
  • Bhafel Slayer Greaves (M)
  • Bhafel Slayer Greaves (F)
Staves
  • Blasted Oak Wand
  • Hermit's Staff
Wands
  • Savage Fire Wand
  • Savage Ice Wand
  • Savage Lightning Wand
Knuckles
  • Languhiris Chaser
Bows
  • Bhafal Hunter
Lances
  • Languhiris Bone-Breaker
Two-handed swords
  • Bhafel Slayer
Secondary weapons
  • Training Mana Bullet
  • Mana Bullet
  • High-Density Mana Bullet
  • Bhafel Huntress
  • Short Javalin LT
  • Long Javalin LT
The following items now stack up to 20 instead of 10:
  • Iron Ore Fragment
  • Copper Ore Fragment
  • Silver Ore Fragment
  • Gold Ore Fragment
  • Mythril Ore Fragment
  • Unknown Ore Fragment
  • Base Herb
  • Mana Herb
  • Bloody Herb
  • Golden Herb
  • Mandrake
  • Antidote Herb
  • Poison Herb
7 August 2013 - Events

3 Day Rebirth (Rank-Up Mania) - 7 August to 31 August (See More)
This is very misleading. The limitation of 7 days to rebirth was changed to 3. If you're not using a card, it's still age 20.
This will allow you to rebirth every 3 days with a PREMIUM card.
As seen with their previous events, this is likely a milking strategy before the free weekly rebirths with the Mabinogi Dream update.

Double Life Skill Training (Rank-Up Mania) - 7 August to 31 August (See More)
As the name suggests, you get double life skill training on everything. Yes, even the new 4 life skills, get to work.

100% Success Rate Repair (Rank-Up Mania) - 7 August to 31 August (See More)
According to the event page, any repair NPC has 100% success rate, meaning it should work with every item, such as chairs, it wasn't the case with the last event, if anyone can confirm, comment please.

Hillwen Mine's Nightmare - 7 August to ??? (See More)
You will recieve a quest once you enter the game, and you will be sent to the square of Tir Chornaill to speak with Caravan Joe.
Once there, he will recommend you to gather 5 party members, head into the mine and you will have to fend off zombies.
Once 8 rounds have passed, you will receive a 600,000 EXP, 50,000 gold and a Hillwen Mine Comprehensive Gift Box, which contains Dual Guns, Mana Bullets, Mining Drill, Engineering Bags, and everything else that you can imagine that was thrown in this patch. Check See More for a full (yeah right) list.
The quest has a one day cooldown, you will receive the next quest once a new day begins in real-life.

Scooter pet - 7 August to ??? (See More)
The Scooter pet has been added, Lance Charge and Windmill on it as your heart content.
The pet has an area-of-effect when summoned, is color selectable, and comes with a helmet which is colored according to the Scooter's color selections.

Guild Title - 7 August to 20 August (See More)
Recruit 5 guild members and be awarded with a custom guild title for all guild members to use, similar to the old 2010 guild event.

Gunslinger Skill Training - 7 August to ??? (See More)
Once you log in, you will receive 4 quests. Each of them will require you to rank up Gunslinger skills.
  • Flash Launcher to Rank C
  • Bullet Slide to Rank B
  • Gun Ballet to Rank A
  • Way of the Gun to Rank 9
Each quest awards 20 AP, a total of 80 AP in return.

Treasure Hunt - 7 August to ???
Temporarily taken down?

Future predictions
Take note that these are PREDICTIONS. They are likely to come in the following weeks during a maintenance, but don't kill me if they didn't arrive, take them with a grain of salt.
  • Around this time, other servers received their free Luxury Bag, which is a smaller version of the Luxury Bag we had on sale a few weeks ago.
  • New card - school uniforms. Yes, the recent ones. (See More)
  • A new Gunslinger gachapon, containing the female clothes of The Saga: Iria, including the equipment of Millia, Dowra, Cessair's Heart, and knowing Nexon, they'll probably throw in the gunner outfit from Dungeon Fighter Online, similar to how they did with the devil costume.
Last edited by Zeyborg on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Re: [NA Update] 7 August 2013 Patch Notes and Events

Post by ferghus »

The guild title event is likely the same one we've had before, where a guild leader can create a custom guild title. There's a short character limit, I don't remember how many characters it is.. around 8?

Of course, there's a remote possibility that they've changed this somehow for this update. :P
Yoruki

Post by Yoruki »

Yoorah wrote:The guild title event is likely the same one we've had before, where a guild leader can create a custom guild title. There's a short character limit, I don't remember how many characters it is.. around 8?

Of course, there's a remote possibility that they've changed this somehow for this update. :P
Characters were 2-7.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

It seems they've also implemented other events that are not in their patch/maintenance notes:
-3 day rebirth event
-100% repair event
-Gunslinger talent event (train some skills, get perfect skill reset capsule.. I'm assuming this works on just one skill. :P)
-Double Life Skill EXP event (I guess it works on all life skills, not just the 4 new ones?)

At work atm, so can't verify. xP
Zeyborg

Re: [NA Update] Gunslinger: 7 August 2013 Patch Notes and Ev

Post by Zeyborg »

I've updated the thread.

There was a Treasure Hunt event in the theater missions that gave reforges, strangely they took down the page.
Too much events?

Edit:
Managed to salvage the page, it's still down:
Spoiler: show