C6 - The Divine Knights

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

C6 - The Divine Knights

Post by Soluna »

Wasn't going to do it... but I laughed... so I will...

C6 Story will be about The Alban Knights.

The Alban Knights are a group of 10 Knights that work for the Gods in the shadows.

The knights will not be like the Zero Heroes each having their own unique abilities.

The story will revolve around the plot to control the Knights and the Player who became one of the knight and the decisions have to be made.

C6 will return to original style quest line similar in C1 and unlike C4 or C5. The main character will become once again the player not some emo or bratty little girl or weird literature figure

Boss for the story will appear from the start of the story and confront with the player and gradually become stronger until the end as the story progresses.

New skill similar to the Transformation skill will be added.

Misc. notes from the new dev:
1. We know a lot player want to throw stones at us for C4, but those of you have ran commerce please put down your stones.

2. We have no solution for combats style play. At this stage Mabi cannot mainly be the life style game it once was, but we will try to have both aspect of the content check.

3. If there is anything we learned from the past 2 C it is that only a well written "story" will allow Mabi to have another 10 years. Everything from now on will be focus on the story and moving away from focusing on the skills alone.

4. For dungeons and cities that even giving them CPRs won't save them, we don't have any resource to tend to them now, but we will iron it out later.

5. Like the saga that changed the land of Iria, the new story line will start to change the land of Uladh.

6. If the Zero Heroes are the kiddies who want to save the world with their super abilities, then the Knights will be those who save the world while constantly in self-turmoil and searching for answers.

7. Zero Heroes will not be mention in C6. Please just forget the last 2 C existed

8. C6 Boss will appear in the KR summer event before release.

9. Even though the 3 Warrior Story ended in C5, that doesn't mean we don't guarantee that we won't drag out Mr.emo in the next 10 Years.

10. C6 for Mabi's theme will be returning to the original.
Kinghooah

Re: C6 Preludes

Post by Kinghooah »

I honestly hope they at least work the Zeros in in some way later on. Voiding old content rubs me the wrong way. Otherwise, this seems like good news.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Spoiler: show
Soluna [Bot] wrote:The knights will not be like the Zero Heroes each having their own unique abilities
Already dropped the hero system huh?
C6 will return to original style quest line similar in C1 and unlike C4 or C5
If you say so
10. C6 for Mabi's theme will be returning to the original.
Umm... might I direct you to what you said earlier
2. We have no solution for combats style play. At this stage Mabi cannot mainly be the life style game it once was, but we will try to have both aspect of the content check.

3. If there is anything we learned from the past 2 C it is that only a well written "story" will allow Mabi to have another 10 years. Everything from now on will be focus on the story and moving away from focusing on the skills alone.

4. For dungeons and cities that even giving them CPRs won't save them, we don't have any resource to tend to them now, but we will iron it out later.
Every single thing mentioned here could be changed to either how it was or rebalanced to not be bloody worthless. Even the C4 content.
It was YOU GUYS who even "updated" it to the mess it is to begin with!
ugh. . . i'm probably guna read this post later and just see some idiot ranting on the internet. but they really just don't get it...

i don't want a better story. the last 2 were bloody awful quite honestly.
i want content. more of the content i started playing the damn game for. the last few chapters were just shadow missions the game, they aren't even fun honestly. and now you just wanna make it story mode the game.
please just stop ignoring everything you make already. all these systems dropped not even a year after they are made... not even an attempt to improve anything originally in the game.

It's like the guy gave up the moment he saw the game.
That, or he actually has no idea what "returning to original" means.
I mean he literally admitted its a corpse of a game. my friends and I have been saying that since whatever chapter sir shakes his spear was.

oh well im not even mad so whatever (´・ω・`)
Mabirant
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote: i don't want a better story. the last 2 were bloody awful quite honestly.
You read it in the wrong context. It is completely the opposite, he knows it is bad so they are making sure the new one will not fail and also why the Heroes are dropped.

As for the comment on returning to the original, it was referring to quests and learning new skill similar to before not new talents and what not.

Just want to clear out these few points.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Soluna [Bot] wrote:C6 will return to original style quest line similar in C1 and unlike C4 or C5.
What does that even mean? If they left out the C4 that would be understandable, as that'd just mean not episodic like the Dramas/Sagas, but C4? C1 and C4 are more similar than not. The thing that made C1 unique was that is was keywrod-based, which it no longer is. Is that what they meant?

C1 - Keywords
C2 - More of a quest format
C3 - Skills gained from gradually completing the quests.
C4 - Choosing one of multiple options that will slightly change the responses and possibly the reward.
C5(?) - Episodic

By saying unlike C4 do they mean there won't be dialogue prompts?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Kapra wrote:
Soluna [Bot] wrote:C6 will return to original style quest line similar in C1 and unlike C4 or C5.
What does that even mean? If they left out the C4 that would be understandable, as that'd just mean not episodic like the Dramas/Sagas, but C4? C1 and C4 are more similar than not. The thing that made C1 unique was that is was keywrod-based, which it no longer is. Is that what they meant?
I think you mean C5 there.

And I wouldn't read in too much about it, pretty sure they just want to recreate that feeling doing the C1 story line questioning the goddess, the meaning of paladin etc... and that it won't be something like globe theater or saga episodes and won't have things new talents forced into the story. And the new skill will be similar to transformation, basically you need it to continue the story/beat the boss.

Whether they can hold up to what they intended to do and turn out as well as expected is another story (*points at stroies of Iria Commercing that are long forgotten).
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

which kind of transformation are we even talking here?
there's like. . . 3? im guna guess its not the animal one.

i always wanted to see a rank beyond 1 but at the same time not really because i know the design would be hilariously bad for all of them.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote:which kind of transformation are we even talking here?
The skill is said to be a decisive skill similar to how you learn Paladin Transformation in to defeat Tabhartas and Shock to Awaken Brionac.

Doesn't necessary have to actually "transforming", though... it probably will, who knows.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Schedule:
7/31 Prologue Quest starts.

8/13 Introduction to the Divine Knights.

8/31 Main Stream Starts.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Skill Video: