[G15S1+S2] Fomor/Demon Weapons

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

Re: [G15S1] Fomor/Demon Weapons

Post by Soluna »

Confirmed Venom Sword and Tethra Effects being implemented into the system with G15S2 (Because Venom Sword's letter appear as purple like a poisoned weapon suppose to be).

Ancient Magic Powder is added to Fomor Trade Shop for 400k Ducats a piece.

Calabolg Added to the Shop List, for 40mil Ducats.
Kenero

Re: [G15S1+S2] Fomor/Demon Weapons

Post by Kenero »

Apparently to Nexon NA Description of Fomor weapons aka Demon Weapons, they cannot be upgraded.
19JeSSMoRe85

Post by 19JeSSMoRe85 »

Kenero wrote:Apparently to Nexon NA Description of Fomor weapons aka Demon Weapons, they cannot be upgraded.
So how could the Demon Sword be upgraded?
Is there any other way.
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

19JeSSMoRe85 wrote:
Kenero wrote:Apparently to Nexon NA Description of Fomor weapons aka Demon Weapons, they cannot be upgraded.
So how could the Demon Sword be upgraded?
Is there any other way.
It may be just a bad translation since they cannot be special upgraded.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

All the demon weapons cannot be S/R special upgraded.
ughhhhh i really wish they had just made the weapons normal i'm so sick of rare weaponry.
every time i come back to the game i spend like 3 weeks off and on grinding for weapons i need and never get them.
with this new system i was under the impression i could at least get some weaponry i wanted without worrying about drop rate,don't see much point into putting time in effort into a gimped weapon unless you wanted one to not be S/R.
oh well
19JeSSMoRe85

Post by 19JeSSMoRe85 »

Armelle wrote:ughhhhh i really wish they had just made the weapons normal i'm so sick of rare weaponry.
every time i come back to the game i spend like 3 weeks off and on grinding for weapons i need and never get them.
with this new system i was under the impression i could at least get some weaponry i wanted without worrying about drop rate,don't see much point into putting time in effort into a gimped weapon unless you wanted one to not be S/R.
oh well
I agree with you.
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

Armelle wrote:
ughhhhh i really wish they had just made the weapons normal i'm so sick of rare weaponry.
oh well
That would be true but with most likely future releases of Demon-only enchants, it may tip the scale in regards of Blue-type weaponry.
TeddyWuggles

Post by TeddyWuggles »

Armelle wrote:
oh well
While that may be a very big irritation at the moment for you, imagine everyone running around with OP weaponry? What if Targe shields and Volcano Cylinders were easily obtainable? Everyone would have good melee ping, godly fire blasts, etc. etc. Now apply that to all "rare" weapons. Would Frannies, Falcs, HLB and Cs be as highly coveted as they are right now? I'm a little skeptical about making them smithable at all, however the merch only limitation makes me feel its a bit more balanced. Back to my main point, where would the fun be in mabi if you just rolled around with godly weapons from the start? These demon weapons are a bit troublesome seeing as any fairly new players can start trading early and if they stick with it, possibly out damage us lvl 1k+ players when they hit level 200 simply because of these new weapons. There sweet taste of accomplishment from obtaining these weapons will be much less sweet when you reflect on the fact that now anyone can get them at a 100% rate if they are determined enough.
Achiel

Post by Achiel »

TeddyWuggles wrote:
Armelle wrote:
oh well
While that may be a very big irritation at the moment for you, imagine everyone running around with OP weaponry? What if Targe shields and Volcano Cylinders were easily obtainable? Everyone would have good melee ping, godly fire blasts, etc. etc. Now apply that to all "rare" weapons. Would Frannies, Falcs, HLB and Cs be as highly coveted as they are right now? I'm a little skeptical about making them smithable at all, however the merch only limitation makes me feel its a bit more balanced. Back to my main point, where would the fun be in mabi if you just rolled around with godly weapons from the start? These demon weapons are a bit troublesome seeing as any fairly new players can start trading early and if they stick with it, possibly out damage us lvl 1k+ players when they hit level 200 simply because of these new weapons. There sweet taste of accomplishment from obtaining these weapons will be much less sweet when you reflect on the fact that now anyone can get them at a 100% rate if they are determined enough.
Mabinogi always had OP weapons due to Egos.
Last edited by Achiel on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Be nicer. :|
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

I think it's only natural that the game constantly redefine the baseline for what a "godly" weapon should be. Otherwise, things will get stale. New players don't want to play for an entire year+ of old content to get to the latest stuff. This is the same reasoning why even the latest story quests can be completed by low level players, thanks to the variable difficulty system we have. This is also why I'm disappointed that devCat gave in to the silly rage from players who wanted Golem to be nerfed, but I digress.