[G15S1] Metal Toolkit Enhancement

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

[G15S1] Metal Toolkit Enhancement

Post by Soluna »

Metal Toolkit Enhancement is a new way to power up your equipments in G15. Unlike the enhancement introduced before, this new method
allow you to upgrade all the different equipments you have (except robes). This means that even your armor, glove, or hat can be upgraded.

When you use a toolkit to enhance, your item will get a random 1~3 effects and the enhancement will also give you a rank of enhancement ranging from 3 to 1 with 1 being the best.

The toolkit comes in 3 different type: Common, High Grade, and Credihne. And here is the difference:
Common: Can only be used on item that has not been previously enhanced by Metal Toolkits. Will give Rank 3~2 bonus with 1~3 Effects (However Rank 2 chance is very very very very very very slim.)
High Grade: Can only be used on item that has been previously enhanced by Metal Toolkits, will give you the same number of effect as it has before. e.g. if the equipment had 2 bonus effects, it will give you 2 when you use this kit on that equipment, no more, no less. Have a low chance in raising the Rank bonus.
Credihne: Similar to High Grade, except it may increase or lower the number of effect on the equipment. Have a small chance in raising the Rank bonus.

*Once your item is raised into a higher rank, it will never go back down again. (e.g. Rank 3-> Rank 2, all the newer bonus will be Rank 2 bonuses, however, the effects and levels of the effect may change.
**Not all bonus effect can be obtained with Rank 3, certain bonus effects will only appear if the Rank bonus is higher.
***Not all bonus have 20 levels, some bonus such as Movement Increase have a max level of 5.

So, basically, High Grade and Credihne are used to re-enhance the equipment if you don't like what you got the first time and unfortunately both are cash shop items.

Now let's talk a little bit about the effects. The effect comes in 2 type, pure increase and level enhancement.
Pure increase would be like +3% crit, +15 dex etc.
Where level enhancement is quite different. For enhancement it powers up the said skill by a particular %.

For example, a level 20 enhancement for smash at rank 1 would be 500% x 200%, which is 1000%, such that your dmg output modifier for smash is now 1000% instead of 500%.

The basic break down of the level enhancement is something like this:
Level 1 105% -> 102%
Level 2 110% -> 104%
Level 3 115% -> 106%
Level 4 120% -> 108%
Level 5 125% -> 110%
Level 6 130% -> 112%
Level 7 135% -> 114%
Level 8 140% -> 116%
Level 9 145% -> 118%
Level 10 150% -> 120%
Level 11 155% -> 122%
Level 12 160% -> 124%
Level 13 165% -> 126%
Level 14 170% -> 128%
Level 15 175% -> 130%
Level 16 180% -> 132%
Level 17 185% -> 134%
Level 18 190% -> 136%
Level 19 195% -> 138%
Level 20 200% -> 140%

Here's screenshot of Level 19 Enhancemented Arrow Revolver o_O...

Now, remember the rank for the enhancement? It is a scale of limit to the upgrade level one can receive. The scale is this:
Rank 1 Level 1~20 Enhancement -> 1~20
Rank 2 Level 1~10 Enhancement -> 1~10
Rank 3 Level 1~5 Enhancement -> 1~3

This is the balanced value after 7/28. Prior to the date, the enhancement level have been over 20, even to the 100s.

Beside the skill enhancement effects, some of the effects offers are also pretty unique, such as increase range weapon range, allow human to use Charge Skill without shields or increase Skill Training Proficiency etc...

Last thing to note though is that different equipment will give you different effects, or example, the allow human to use Charge Skill without shield effect is an enhancement effect on 2hand weapons, you won't get this effect on bows.

*Yes, the toolkit can be used on accessory, head gear, spirit weapon, fomor weapon, foot wear, armors/clothing, gloves.

*As of 8/12, a new update has introduced the Metal Tookit Recovery Kit, which function similar to the Artisan Removal Kit that will remove the Metal Toolkit bonus from an item completely. And it would seem that the recovery kit is sold in Fomor NPC Shops. (Currently also being given out in event from defeating the Giant Co... I mean Giant Rooster*)

Metal Toolkit Recovery Kit: Allows player to remove the metal toolkit upgrade complete with 100% success chance. However, cannot be used on items that have not been upgraded with the metal toolkit.

Translation: Poor man's way of getting effect they want?
strych9

Re: [G15S1] Metal Toolkit Enhancement

Post by strych9 »

Hi mabidata~ first post after quite a while of lurking.

Couple questions:

-for "pure increase" type of effect, is the possible range known for things like stats/max damage/crit etc?

-for the level type effects, are they available for all "attack" skills?

-will level type effects be stackable in any way? eg. lv 20 smash enhance on gloves + lv 15 smash enhance on shoes = lv 35?

-for non-damage effects like increase in speed, range, time of effect, AOE , additional targets, etc., are the possible amount of increase known?

-for "crit success rate increase" will it be possible to past the 30% cap?

From what I gather players will basically do the following:

1)upgrade with common toolkit
2)re-roll with creidihne toolkit until they have 3 effects
3)re-roll with high grade toolkit until they get desired effects with desired level
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

strych9 wrote:Hi mabidata~ first post after quite a while of lurking.

Couple questions:

-for "pure increase" type of effect, is the possible range known for things like stats/max damage/crit etc?

-for the level type effects, are they available for all "attack" skills?

-will level type effects be stackable in any way? eg. lv 20 smash enhance on gloves + lv 15 smash enhance on shoes = lv 35?

-for non-damage effects like increase in speed, range, time of effect, AOE , additional targets, etc., are the possible amount of increase known?

-for "crit success rate increase" will it be possible to past the 30% cap?

From what I gather players will basically do the following:

1)upgrade with common toolkit
2)re-roll with creidihne toolkit until they have 3 effects
3)re-roll with high grade toolkit until they get desired effects with desired level
-For the max increase gain I haven't heard much about it, and I would think it is hard to test saying this is the MAX value unless there is a max amount of value.

-For the enhancement, it is pretty much for all the skills, because life skills gets bonus like more skill prof gain, metallurgy gets better finding gem rates, fishing gets bigger fishes, transformation get increase time etc, so yea... every skill gets buffed in some way.

-I have no clue, on whether the enhancement effects will be stacked, although my guess is that it is stack-able. Really though, the chance of stacking is relatively low for the skill enhancement damage effects because it seem to only apply to weapons, so unless you dual wield weapons (which is human/giant only), I don't believe there will be any stacking. The other equipments like glove, boots, hats, generally get the skill "modifier" like lower cool down, increase water cannon range etc...

-I haven't actually seen the critical hit rate increase as a bonus by itself, but I have seen bonus like Smash Critical Hit Chance increase. Chances are it is just bonus give you more Crit% when you use the particular skill (Smash already have it if you use 2 hand weapons), the the rate is still capped at 30%.

Your observation is correct, that is the general flow of a wealthy player. Essentially, this system will probably render most critical enchants useless because when you have enough damage output to single hit KO enemies, there's no need to be critical hitting. Unless this update was introduce to balance out Peaca Adv and the likes. But, that is the main concern though, because as long as normal players can play fine without these bonus effects in the future contents, it doesn't matter as much. If this was introduced so they can bring out Hero Level Missions and Legend Level Missions that's harder than Elite Level Missions, then there really should be something to be worried about. (Although from the looks of devCat nerfing missions, I don't think that's the case)
strych9

Post by strych9 »

Thanks for the detailed reply.

If we look back to the beginning of this year, I'd say the potential power of players have more than quadrupled starting with G13 skills/enchants/upgrades and now this toolkit system. Judging from player's previous reaction, no matter how hard to obtain a certain item is, as long as it gives a worthwhile return, it will be obtained. Therefore, since this toolkit offers up to double the amount of skill damage, which is ridiculously worth it compared to the hundreds of dollars people spend to obtain a few points of damage (which can be less than 1% increase in damage), I think we should expect lv20 or close to lv20 skill enhancements to be the new standard.

As much as I think the potential power of players has gone overboard, there is essentially an unlimited amount of room for devcat to continually raise the bar. With the current critical/protection system, critical can only go so far because anything past 80-90% protection is simply absurd and advance hardmodes are already pushing 70+%. However devcat can, and will, keep on pumping hp into mobs and inevitably, keep raising the potential power of players because it is extremely profitable. With that said, I think it is way too early to start thinking critical enchants are obsolete or worrying about 1HKO-ing enemies.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

*Updated the newly implemented Metal Toolkit Recovery Kit.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

*Updated the new balanced enhancement value.

And some side-info coming out from JP and CH
Enhancement bonus Data WIP(Work In Progress):
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Golem Summon Time Increase (1 level +4 seconds)
Charge Cool down Increase (1 level -3 seconds)
Final Hit Cool down Increase (1 level -6 seconds)
Mastery Max Damage Increase (1 level +2 Max Damage, Max 40)
Mastery Min Damage Increase (2 levels +1 Min Damage, Max 20)**
Smash and other skill Enhancement (Refer to the level listed in opening post)
Range Aim Speed Increase (Only work on normal range attack, not for magnum, arrow revolver, support shot, or any other range skill beside range attack).
Smith and other Life Skill Prof Enhance (1 Level +10%). Meaning 110% more prof, such that 3.00 -> 3.30 gained, level 20 = 300% such that 3.00->9.00 prof gained.
There are also Lightning/Fire/Ice Enchantment Effect (Just like the elementals), which is very Orzing to get it with a metal tool kit.
**Min and Max are different effects and separated. Mastery are things like Bow, Sword, Combat etc, in other words increase -> +max/min dmg, enhance -> % increase.

And this is Human/Elf use charge without shield effect on an accessory (Do note it is Rank 1 Enhanced***):
(image from yydzh)
Full Effect:
Wind Alchemy Damage Level Increase Level 2
Human/Elf Can use Charge without Shield
Crash Shot Damage Enhance 3 Level
***Certain effects may not appear if the Rank is not 1 or 2.

This accessories is probably more expensive than anything ever existed... and in other words, yea it is powerful and it probably won't ever go away (due to many reasons), and it is likely that in the future devCat will probably be putting new "Enhanced" ready items into gachapons to make people who spent the money or time worked for it look stupid, just like enchant ready items.

And here's Level 20 Crash Shot Effect Range Increase Video:

In an other way to look, you probably can't be the best in the game anymore if you don't have enhanced items. Imagine a fully enchanted set with fully enhanced effects (and also don't forget to imagine the amount of money to spend). Anyways, the better questions to ask oneself is do you need to be the best to play a game. Regardless, this new feature will probably help alot player to get through the life skills much easier with the bonus =w=d.

On the side-note, the latest chapter from Bakuman, the only 2 things matter in the world: Intelligence and $, Intelligence and $ people!
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Updating Spirit Order Level 2 Instant Heal Effect:

(May have commerical loading, wait for 15~30secs)
Currently confirm work with Paladin and Falcon Mode(Falcon have to be their respective trans skill).

*The effect is on the shield, switching effectively raise the the spirit level bonus HP thus healing the HP. Might or might not be fixed.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

*Update Again.

Chinese Dragon Set Items for elves seem cannot be use enhanced by Metal Toolkits. Similarly for some Shell Armor Set.
Confirmed Items: Gauntlet (Elf), Helm (Elf), Shell Helmet (Elf).
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

*Updated

Added more description on the tool kits and small details on the system in first post.

The level enhancement chart actually only applies to smash. Different skill apparently have different enhancement %.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

strych9 wrote: -for "pure increase" type of effect, is the possible range known for things like stats/max damage/crit etc?

Just want to answer a couple questions in better details now since most eastern server have this system implemented and there's more data.

- For pure stats increase it vary depend on stats, str, will, luck, at lvl 20 is +30, int and dex is 50. For max damage it is +40, magic attack is 20. There's also some special cases where certain parts will not give lvl 20, such as magic attack, it only goes up to lvl 5 on accessories, but lvl 20 on weapons.

-As to whether the effects stack? The answer is yes, it does stack, but don't get excited... because like said in earlier posts, usually a particular skill is related to on 1 part of the equipment. For instance, you can only get smash damage enhancement on melee weapons and in the case of dual wield, which is to say 1 hand weapons, the lvl only goes up to 10 at max (This is same for windmill damage enhancement), which will stack to 20 in the end. For that there's pros and cons. There are however... bonuses that do appear on 2 different parts of the equipment but it is very rare, two examples are Final Hit cool down and Final Hit teleport distance and I don't believe there is skill damage enhancement that will stack.

That being said, it is possible to have something like +20lvl Str, +20lvl Max damage, +10lvl Windmill Damage Enhancement on two 1 hand swords and have +20lvl Sword Mastery Max Damage Enhancement on gloves. This above set in theory would give you +60str, +80 Max damage, 124% Windmill enhancement, and +20 Max damage using swords. And obviously there's still 2 options opening on the glove since 1 equipment get have up to 2 effect. Since I am up to this point, I will just list out an example of a "perfect" set's Bonus:

Head:
Strength +lvl20
Leap Attack Cooldown +lvl20
Final Hit Cooldown +lvl20

Accessory1: (Being Conservative Here because there are reports accessory can't get full lvl20 effects)
Strength +lvl3
Max Damage +lvl3
Charge without Shield

Accessory2:
Strength +lvl3
Max Damage +lvl3
Critical Hit +lvl3

Weapon1:
Windmill damage enhancement +lvl 10
Max Damage +lvl 20
Strength +lvl 20

Weapon2:
Windmill damage enhancement +lvl 10
Max Damage +lvl 20
Strength +lvl 20

Glove:
Combat Mastery Max Dmg +lvl20
Sword Mastery Max Dmg +lvl20
Sword Mastery Min Dmg +lvl20

Clothing:
Leap Attack Damage +lvl20
Evasion Enhancement +lvl20
Final Hit Duration +lvl20

Boots:
Leap Attack Distance +lvl20
Strength +lvl20
Charge Min Distance +lvl20

The total from this would give:
234 Max, 63 Min, +3% Crit

Windmill damage enhancement 124%
Leap Attack Damage 140%

Increase Evasion Rolls
Final Hit Duration +40 sec
Increase Leap Attack Distance
Decrease Min Distance need to use Charge
Leap Attack Cooldown -3 sec
Final Hit Cooldown -120 sec
Charge without Shield

This, of course, is just from metal toolkit alone, not counting enchants or weapon damage and character stats. And the chance of this set ever happening would probably never occur in your entire life time unless through illegitimate ways or devCat decide to... implement "something" to favor the player odds...

As for what effect is on which parts and up to how much level and the detailed increments, I am sure one can find it on other major site like Japanese Version of Wiki, I... just really don't want to put it in charts and type it up because it is massive and painstaking efforts and I am really really lazy person \=w=/, maybe I will update it one day...when I am free or something...