[JP Update] Partner System

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

Re: [JP Update] Partner System

Post by Soluna »

Psy wrote:Can they wear Elatha Costume? Is their repair free?
No and... No, or Simon would be really out of work...

I am interested in whether if you can summon them during trade system though, since in trade you are not allow to summon "pets", but seeing you can summon partners in homestead but not "pets", I would imagine the next step that cat is taking would really be the mercenary thing... for trade and all...
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Do you know how their skill ranks? Is it predetermined like pets or can you chose? And if you can, can you give us some examples of possible quests?
Achiel wrote:But Lyrrad! You can now train your own butlyr as the Head Butlyr!
That.... Or you can always buy a slave, then strip it's clothing off and wear it for more advanced colsplay.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Psy wrote:Do you know how their skill ranks? Is it predetermined like pets or can you chose? And if you can, can you give us some examples of possible quests?
Maid Creation

Maid Item Shops

Yes, predetermined. And it would seems that the description on the JP site is wrong in that Maids have Firebolt and Fireball skill instead of Icebolt and Ice Spear. Both Advance spell is only at rank F.

And yes... they have final hit skill...

Quests are like run a particular dungeon, finish a particular mission, collect certain amount of items, defeat certain amount of a particular monsters.

When gifting items you have to pick which equipment goes where, e.g. right hand, left hand etc.

*Yes... You are forced to to the Simon Dance when you repair
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

I'm assuming they need a wand/staff in order to do intermediate magic like normal characters? (Sorry about so many questions, it's just so interesting. o .o) Do both partners have the same skills?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Psy wrote:I'm assuming they need a wand/staff in order to do intermediate magic like normal characters? (Sorry about so many questions, it's just so interesting. o .o) Do both partners have the same skills?
No, don't need wands to cast

Maid have Firebolt/Fireball, Butler have Icebolt/Ice Spear, other than that the skills sets are the same.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Organized data into first post.
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Is the carraige one person only?
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Whenever something goes into their inventory, can you put it back on them at any time or do you need to remove it from their inventory and give it to them again?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

nandattebayo wrote:Is the carraige one person only?
I believe it is 2 person, but I have no evidence supporting it... yet (well... should be 3 person, 2 people + 1 maid/butler).
Psy wrote:Whenever something goes into their inventory, can you put it back on them at any time or do you need to remove it from their inventory and give it to them again?
You have to use the removal potion and give it to them again, because you can't touch a personalized item (similar to banked items that are personalized, another character in the same account can't touch it), and since you can't login as them, you are forced to use the potions.

But like said before there's bugs relating to the gifting features so yea... like if they dropped items when knocked unconscious, you can pick that items up but it will still be bounded to them etc...
tsutsu3

Post by tsutsu3 »

So can you take the outfit that they are wearing off and wear it with the cash shop item. And are the items dyeable when they are on the maid/butler?