[NA Update] 9-26-11

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

[NA Update] 9-26-11

Post by Soluna »

Updates Includes:

• A bug causing client crashes when attempting to change a spirit weapon will be fixed.
• The final week of the Back to School Events will begin.
• Yukata Mini Character Cards are still on sale! They're limited time only, so grab yours now!
• A new event, Shoot the Sun will begin.
• Try out your luck in the Roulette Bingo Event!

The Take Down the Sun Event has been discussed in another thread before: Here

The Roulette Bingo Event is similar to the Rainbow Box Event and the old Bingo Event: It is hosted by Caravan Joe, the bingo sheet will have numbers on it like real bingo sheet, then you must get coins to turn the roulette and get numbers and fill up the sheet etc. Coins can be gotten by staying online or monsters etc.
Kenero

Re: [NA Update] 9-26-11

Post by Kenero »

Soluna wrote:Updates Includes:

• A bug causing client crashes when attempting to change a spirit weapon will be fixed.
• The final week of the Back to School Events will begin.
• Yukata Mini Character Cards are still on sale! They're limited time only, so grab yours now!
• A new event, Shoot the Sun will begin.
• Try out your luck in the Roulette Bingo Event!

The Take Down the Sun Event has been discussed in another thread before: Here

The Roulette Bingo Event is similar to the Rainbow Box Event and the old Bingo Event: It is hosted by Caravan Joe, the bingo sheet will have numbers on it like real bingo sheet, then you must get coins to turn the roulette and get numbers and fill up the sheet etc. Coins can be gotten by staying online or monsters etc.
Sounds like people might abuse the relog glitch.

Will you post more information about the event?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Kenero wrote: Sounds like people might abuse the relog glitch.
The character not saving issue has been worked on a bit. Since the items put on to the pet will not be saved and the mailing box will give the item failed to mail messages. So in that aspect, items can't be duplicated. As for gold, well, maybe that's why they gave the free premium services to everyone, to catch the abusers... right? right?

The recent incidents would probably be attackers sending attacks to the servers causing it to fail and so they can work on their little duplicating scheme, where Nexon can't find an effective way to stop the attacks so they resort to temporary mend by blocking mailing when the server fails etc...

But yea... people should be used to this by now, and more gold in the market will just drive gold to be worthless in the end (if it hasn't already). Since I don't have that much gold... is a great time to be poor...?

So anyway, I won't comment more on that situation.

As for the information on the events, I will leave that to the Nexon's update posts. In general there's no need for me to post such things on NA Updates, since Nexon will do it anyway.
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

Soluna wrote:
Kenero wrote: Sounds like people might abuse the relog glitch.
The character not saving issue has been worked on a bit. Since the items put on to the pet will not be saved and the mailing box will give the item failed to mail messages. So in that aspect, items can't be duplicated. As for gold, well, maybe that's why they gave the free premium services to everyone, to catch the abusers... right? right?

The recent incidents would probably be attackers sending attacks to the servers causing it to fail and so they can work on their little duplicating scheme, where Nexon can't find an effective way to stop the attacks so they resort to temporary mend by blocking mailing when the server fails etc...

But yea... people should be used to this by now, and more gold in the market will just drive gold to be worthless in the end (if it hasn't already). Since I don't have that much gold... is a great time to be poor...?

So anyway, I won't comment more on that situation.

As for the information on the events, I will leave that to the Nexon's update posts. In general there's no need for me to post such things on NA Updates, since Nexon will do it anyway.
Oh no, I am not talking about that. XD

I am talking about people logging on and off to get more lucky coupons during the fortune rainbow event. I was just curious in that if this bingo event might be the same as fortune rainbow with caravan joe, people might do the same thing.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Kenero wrote: Oh no, I am not talking about that. XD

I am talking about people logging on and off to get more lucky coupons during the fortune rainbow event. I was just curious in that if this bingo event might be the same as fortune rainbow with caravan joe, people might do the same thing.
Ah, My mistake, sorry.

This is actually an interesting point. Because this can just be considered the same as the River Glitching if it was intended to give only 1 ticket regardless the login. It is pretty much the same as the Puzzle Master Event, where you only need 1 set of the 9 pieces puzzles and you can get endless reward box during week 3, I am not sure if that's public knowledge, but regardless, they are all bugs being abused and is funny because you see people abusing certain ones and condemning the others using the other one. People claiming others to be corrupted or not-legit abusing bugs themselves but claiming to be "justified" or treating the bug like that's how it was suppose to be.

Now I mean, the re-logging thing is unavoidable at times and such, but yea... bottom line is people will do it if they want whether it is the right or wrong thing to do.
And that's all I have to say on this kinda of in-game glitches.

But if the rewards are the same as other servers... you don't have to worry about it too much. The prizes is not that great and it does have potions with the dreaded roulette RNG, unlike Rainbow Boxes with unique and decent items.

It would be funny to see how these events affects the x2 Rainbow Event outcome though.
Craddle

Post by Craddle »

UPDATE:
Nexon wrote:• Housing bidding should be functioning properly once more.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Roulette Coins are not trade-able, bank-able, pet-able.

*Completed it just now.
Most box will give potions/elite passes(timed) + Mercenary Scroll (e.g. Raccon, Red Fox, White Wolf).
Final Box seem to give the better rewards, that is the items listed in the update event post by Nexon with a better Mercenary Scroll (Black Bear etc...).

Total spinning took around... 5x coins about.