[KR Testing] Spirit Alchemy Cylinders

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

Re: [KR Testing] G15S4

Post by Soluna »

edetha wrote:Hey, small question about cylinder egos. Can someone test mana crystalization with an ego cyl, and see if it is improved or not. Thank you.
Errr... I am not sure what you mean by what is improved...

Do you mean damage dealt using the magic crystals? If that's what you mean then no, it doesn't increase their damage.

If you mean does it increase the chance of making better crystals, then still no.

The only thing the spirit cylinder increase is the alchemy element efficiency, much like Volcano Cylinder +30% efficiency for Fire Alchemy Skills.
Drawing

Post by Drawing »

Soluna wrote:
Aubog007 wrote: Questions.
Are the other Cylinder Stats heightened as well?
Like Earth Wind Fire >20-40%?
Yes, in varying degrees...

Close to Maxed Volcano Cylinder:

78%Fire 32%Water 8%Wind 33%Earth @ 50str 50int 48dex 48luck 50will (39 Dura)

So...yea... *goes back slacking off*
This is pretty beast but i'm curious to know what a normal ego cylinder with maxed stats would be like(would they all be equal?), and whether or not its better to get it instead of a volcano if most of your alchemy tab is rank 1.

And if cylinder bonuses act as a base on top of the ego stats, would the penalties also apply? probably a stupid question but i just wanna confirm :o.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Drawing wrote:This is pretty beast but i'm curious to know what a normal ego cylinder with maxed stats would be like(would they all be equal?)
It'd be the same except it would be 30% less fire. (No penalties on ego cylinders.) But keep in mind, you'd need to feed it more Volcano Cylinders to repair it, so unless you have an ample supply of Volcano Cylinders, a Fire Cylinder would be better for a Fire Alchemist.
Drawing

Post by Drawing »

Pyro wrote:
Drawing wrote:This is pretty beast but i'm curious to know what a normal ego cylinder with maxed stats would be like(would they all be equal?)
It'd be the same except it would be 30% less fire. (No penalties on ego cylinders.) But keep in mind, you'd need to feed it more Volcano Cylinders to repair it, so unless you have an ample supply of Volcano Cylinders, a Fire Cylinder would be better for a Fire Alchemist.
so would this mean a fire cylinder, although less base cylinder bonus, would have the same amount of ego fire alch bonus as a volcano? or a bit less? if so by how much? cause im not sure if you mean the 30% from the ego bonus or the actual cylinder bonus.
and if there really isnt any penalties on an ego cylinder, it would mean wind blast's gale would work?
also one last question, is shock affected in any way by ego cylinders? cause apparently cylinder bonuses don't affect it but i thought an ego might have been an exception.

i know all these questions are annoying lol :(
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Drawing wrote: so would this mean a fire cylinder, although less base cylinder bonus, would have the same amount of ego fire alch bonus as a volcano? or a bit less? if so by how much? cause im not sure if you mean the 30% from the ego bonus or the actual cylinder bonus.
No, it'd be the same as a Volcano Cylinder but 15% less fire.
Drawing wrote: and if there really isnt any penalties on an ego cylinder, it would mean wind blast's gale would work?
You misunderstood, I meant elemental penalties. Like, a Spirit Fire Cylinder wouldn't weaken Water Alchemy, etc.
Drawing wrote: also one last question, is shock affected in any way by ego cylinders? cause apparently cylinder bonuses don't affect it but i thought an ego might have been an exception.
No.
Drawing

Post by Drawing »

k thanks for the replies :D

guess its gonna be a fire cylinder ego for me
kinda funny how fire gets an ego buff that's more than twice of water when they're the same level. lol
Aubog007

Post by Aubog007 »

Pyro wrote:
Drawing wrote: also one last question, is shock affected in any way by ego cylinders? cause apparently cylinder bonuses don't affect it but i thought an ego might have been an exception.
No.
Where does it state that?
As far as i know it's an "IDK"

If that's the case. LD, Shock, And golem size.

As well as anything that doesn't get affected by cylinder bonus.

However that means Rain Casting would get a time duration increase. A rather sizable one at that.

If you can show where it states its a bonus added to the cylinder itself and not a bonus to the efficiency... Would be nice.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Aubog007 wrote:
Pyro wrote:
No.
Where does it state that?
As far as i know it's an "IDK"

If that's the case. LD, Shock, And golem size.

As well as anything that doesn't get affected by cylinder bonus.

However that means Rain Casting would get a time duration increase. A rather sizable one at that.

If you can show where it states its a bonus added to the cylinder itself and not a bonus to the efficiency... Would be nice.
I said it doesn't bonus Shock.
Aubog007

Post by Aubog007 »

Pyro wrote: I said it doesn't bonus Shock.
I know. But where's the basis in that?
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Soluna wrote:The only thing the spirit cylinder increase is the alchemy element efficiency, much like Volcano Cylinder +30% efficiency for Fire Alchemy Skills.
And elemental cylinder's alchemy efficiency doesn't affect Shock, Life Drain, etc.