[Testing] "Balance" Update

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Zeo

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by Zeo »

Soluna wrote:Fireball damage skill bonus is 9, as in every magic attack (5 int) you increase 9 damage to FB, 1500/5*9 = 2700 damage increase overall.
(Other magic skill bonus don't go over 2, with Shockwave being 2, Thunder 1.4, Hail 1.4, Ice Spear 0.9, Blaze 0.1, Ice, Fire, Lightning bolt being 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, overall only Fireball and Thunder is Buffed in terms of dmg, the others like Hail, Firebolt, and IS is nerfed.)
I have no idea why you're saying Hailstorm, Ice spear, etc... is nerfed... I did calculation in comparsion for our current magic formula to the new one...

The damage at endgame is higher than it is right now when the patch comes out so...

I did some comparsions...

Fireball damage skill bonus is 9.
Shockwave is 2.
Thunder and Hailstorm is 1.4.
Ice spear is 1.
Ice Bolt is 0.4.
Fire Bolt is 0.5.
Lightning Bolt is 0.6.
Blaze is 0.1.

So lets say... for example, we’re going to compare the base max damage of Hailstorm with our current formula and the new formula.
300 x 1.75 x 1.1 = 577.5 That’s what we’d get at 1500 Int for Hailstorm at current formula.

Now lets calculate the damage for the new formula with 1500 Int as well for Hailstorm.
300 + ((1500/5) x 1.4)) = 300 + 420 =720 That’s our damage base with new magic formula.

Now lets calculate the damage of both current and new formula for Ice spear with 1500 Int.

240 x 1.75 x 1.1 = 462 base damage of current formula.
240 + ((1500/5) x 0.9)) = 240 + 270 = 510 base damage of new formula.

Can you see the difference now? Ice spear, Hailstorm, etc... aren’t exactly getting “nerfed” as many people make it sound like it is.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Zeo wrote:
Soluna wrote:Fireball damage skill bonus is 9, as in every magic attack (5 int) you increase 9 damage to FB, 1500/5*9 = 2700 damage increase overall.
(Other magic skill bonus don't go over 2, with Shockwave being 2, Thunder 1.4, Hail 1.4, Ice Spear 0.9, Blaze 0.1, Ice, Fire, Lightning bolt being 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, overall only Fireball and Thunder is Buffed in terms of dmg, the others like Hail, Firebolt, and IS is nerfed.)
Ignore it, it is not analyzing the overall damage. It was applying formula with various base damage.
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

Soluna wrote:
Zeo wrote:
Ignore it, it is not analyzing the overall damage. It was applying formula with various base damage.
So techinally... you're saying that the magic did get a damage increase, for all skills, right? For new formula, I mean.

editted:: I heard that some people say that the bonus damage from skill will only apply to one charge out of all charges so...

720 would only apply to first charge while the rest of the charges for Hailstorm would only be 300, right?
jofdeath

Post by jofdeath »

Zeo wrote:
Soluna wrote:
Zeo wrote:
So techinally... you're saying that the magic did get a damage increase, for all skills, right? For new formula, I mean.

editted:: I heard that some people say that the bonus damage from skill will only apply to one charge out of all charges so...

720 would only apply to first charge while the rest of the charges for Hailstorm would only be 300, right?
i have a feeling the formula isant going by (base dmg+matk)x charges. thats probely just them forgetting about it, pritty sure they some how screwd up and put base dmg x charges + matk
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

=A= I can't answer that question because I haven't done any actual tests and I was only doodling on paper that old formula will yield higher damage on some skills versus the new skills when the base damage are higher; old formula increase base on % where when the base damage is high enough it'd yield more than the fixation amount of the new formula, that was what I was doing.

I wouldn't really bother go into detail with testing all these at this point yet because... it's really just seemed really flawed and unbalanced just from a glance.I am pretty sure it'd be changed though.Though the real reason is I stopped playing so I don't want to dl the game...again and test

And I like the the fact in notes it says things that doesn't make sense at all like Mana Crystalization can only be used with FB, IS, TH...? Wasn't it always that way... and the fact that "Raising" HP MP SP cap to 1500 at max is definitely a nerf <_<...
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

well... from what people have tested the new formula...

I think it's a glitch because... the magic attack only apply to your first charge, not all five charges so thus... Ice spear, Hailstorm, etc... did get nerfed from this then.

And as for a cap at 1500... People said it only count if you have 1500 base HP, MP, and/or Stam... your bonus can go higher than that... because well.. they're not base.
hen937

Post by hen937 »

Why cant elf get some heavy armor training this is bs at its greatest! I mean how are we supposed to over come our squishiness if humans out beat us in light and heavy armor. Elf's get the shit stats for every thing we are either at par or under ever race for stats and the stats are so little difference with enchants they can over come elfs shine stats. I mean man I wish nexon give elfs some to do they excel in this is starting to piss me off a little. yah I know I am raging. . . .
Montjuleant

Post by Montjuleant »

Can you go into any more detail regarding the damage formula changes for alchemy skills?
For example, is it, after the balance patch, something like: At 100% MP, Water Cannon will do 100% of the current damage, or is the formula more of something like, at 100% MP, Water Cannon will do 200% of it's current damage, at 50%, it will do 100% of it's current damage, etc.
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

hen937 wrote:Why cant elf get some heavy armor training this is bs at its greatest! I mean how are we supposed to over come our squishiness if humans out beat us in light and heavy armor. Elf's get the shit stats for every thing we are either at par or under ever race for stats and the stats are so little difference with enchants they can over come elfs shine stats. I mean man I wish nexon give elfs some to do they excel in this is starting to piss me off a little. yah I know I am raging. . . .
Giants don't get Light Armor Mastery as far as I know.

Plus... using Heavy armor at rank 1 now give you 35% Dex Penalty too, not sure if you'd like that.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Zeo wrote:
hen937 wrote:Why cant elf get some heavy armor training this is bs at its greatest! I mean how are we supposed to over come our squishiness if humans out beat us in light and heavy armor. Elf's get the shit stats for every thing we are either at par or under ever race for stats and the stats are so little difference with enchants they can over come elfs shine stats. I mean man I wish nexon give elfs some to do they excel in this is starting to piss me off a little. yah I know I am raging. . . .
Giants don't get Light Armor Mastery as far as I know.

Plus... using Heavy armor at rank 1 now give you 35% Dex Penalty too, not sure if you'd like that.
Yes, but now, with the ability to wear accessories with either armor type, there really isn't a need to ever use anything but heavy armors (ignoring the dex penalty for a second), because giants already have no heavy armor penalty for fighter (which makes no sense physics wise, it should actually be the other way around). Considering how easy it is to improve balance, even after this update, the only case where using heavy armor would be bad is if you're a Human Archer or a Human/Giant puppeteer (which is also a big screw over).

But Hen is right, Elves keep getting screwed over. They are on par in magic, archery, puppets, music, and alchemy; they keep getting screwed over on things like melee, fighter, lack of lances, and choice of equipment. Elves don't really excel at anything like Humans or Giants do, which is purely DevCAT's fault.