[Testing] "Balance" Update

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by Soluna »

Psy wrote:Considering how easy it is to improve balance, even after this update
=A= more like impossible... though Sword users gets away with +15% from weapon mastery and +15% from combat mastery... some weapons will definitely be re-evaluated now, though a few got away from this. Essentially you'd need 15%~30% balance from weapon to achieve 80 even throwing out the factor of "how much dex to even get to 50%". (Elsinore: OAO )

I'd like do know how you'd plan on getting 80% balance with taking the Heavy Armor 35% nerf of dex when currently projected 50% balance is achieve by having 1300 dex without losing enchant slots for damages. No... no one is gonna use heavy armors but giants.
metricking

Post by metricking »

Psy wrote:
Zeo wrote:
hen937 wrote:Why cant elf get some heavy armor training this is bs at its greatest! I mean how are we supposed to over come our squishiness if humans out beat us in light and heavy armor. Elf's get the shit stats for every thing we are either at par or under ever race for stats and the stats are so little difference with enchants they can over come elfs shine stats. I mean man I wish nexon give elfs some to do they excel in this is starting to piss me off a little. yah I know I am raging. . . .
Giants don't get Light Armor Mastery as far as I know.

Plus... using Heavy armor at rank 1 now give you 35% Dex Penalty too, not sure if you'd like that.
Yes, but now, with the ability to wear accessories with either armor type, there really isn't a need to ever use anything but heavy armors (ignoring the dex penalty for a second), because giants already have no heavy armor penalty for fighter (which makes no sense physics wise, it should actually be the other way around). Considering how easy it is to improve balance, even after this update, the only case where using heavy armor would be bad is if you're a Human Archer or a Human/Giant puppeteer (which is also a big screw over).

But Hen is right, Elves keep getting screwed over. They are on par in magic, archery, puppets, music, and alchemy; they keep getting screwed over on things like melee, fighter, lack of lances, and choice of equipment. Elves don't really excel at anything like Humans or Giants do, which is purely DevCAT's fault.
this topic of racial inequality caught my attention,since my main is my elf and after mastering all of magic and melee(purely for survivability purposes) i noticed that there are NO perks to being and elf, and ive been thinking about starting the game over on a human cuz they have EVERYTHING, they are supposed to be the balanced race but they have the best of everything.....SERIOUSLY WHAT HAPPENED TO BALANCED RACE, anyways am i the only one who feels slves should get an exclusive magic destiny?, i mean i can see that fitting into the game easily, something like recently discovered ruins that contain secrets of lost elven magic
anyways back to the main topic, if devcat truly wanted to balance magic shouldnt they just use straight out percents like all the other skill sets?or would that be a bit game breaking?(im going to shoot someone if they point out that alchemy isnt based on percents)
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

metricking wrote: anyways back to the main topic, if devcat truly wanted to balance magic shouldnt they just use straight out percents like all the other skill sets?or would that be a bit game breaking?
Until you realize they plan release skill like Chain Casting and Moving Casting...
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Is every 20 int still 1 magic defense?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Psy wrote:Is every 20 int still 1 magic defense?
Soluna wrote: Will-
Same damage formula, 10 Will -> +1 Magic Defense
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

I find it funny it took this long for people to start complaining about elves getting shafted...(`・ω・´)

everytime i'd bring it up i'd usually get some reply about some no lifer who has too much dex and does nothing but magnum
except my point is all we can do is magnum, and there's the problem.

anything besides magnum, and maybe a larger mp pool-we are downright inferior in.
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

The cap on Hp,SP, and MP is bad for trans... much more for champions! No more 2k Stamina...

Also, it seems we're moving back to the pre-g9 stage in which everyone was debating what weapons to use. Those who were newer used gladius because of its higher balance, while those with high dexterity and level used 222 broadswords.

In a way, the game is going back to that. While a lot of novice and weaker weapons retaining high balance and stronger weapons (such as lances and the Sword of Elsinore) retain lower balance but higher damage.

You can equip anything, but using a weapon you aren't ready for will now penalize in unstable damage.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Kenero wrote:The cap on Hp,SP, and MP is bad for trans... much more for champions! No more 2k Stamina...
whats is the cap? looking back i cant seem to find anything about that, maybe i'm overlooking it.
Deletion

Post by Deletion »

1.5k is the cap, I believe.
This update also encourages Egos indirectly, as they have the balance without losing their damage.
metricking

Post by metricking »

Armelle wrote:I find it funny it took this long for people to start complaining about elves getting shafted...(`・ω・´)

everytime i'd bring it up i'd usually get some reply about some no lifer who has too much dex and does nothing but magnum
except my point is all we can do is magnum, and there's the problem.

anything besides magnum, and maybe a larger mp pool-we are downright inferior in.
i usually complain about it to get that same reply, most people used to say we were better at ranged because our mag was ALMOST instant, but as of the dynamic combat system humans have instant mag also, there really isn't much of an argument for elves having an advantage in ANY destiny except for the fact we have Final Shot which i find next to useless on my elf when i was still an archer, even at r1 the only thing it was useful for was the extra dex,
Soluna wrote:
metricking wrote: anyways back to the main topic, if devcat truly wanted to balance magic shouldnt they just use straight out percents like all the other skill sets?or would that be a bit game breaking?
Until you realize they plan to release skill like Chain Casting and Moving Casting...
anyways now those sound like fun,i think ill run rabbie like mores does when they do. and to think i was planning on going to reset my skills and just go alch to make money from synthesis to support making a new human.