What kind of renewals would you like to see?

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Armelle

Re: What kind of renewals would you like to see?

Post by Armelle »

Mackinz wrote:Because Elves can't equip two-handers (except for Broniac).
so why not -
giants can use any shields with a 2hander
humans can use tiny shields with a 2 hander
elves can now just flat out use 2 handers

there you go, generic racial balance ala devcat mindset.

not like elves have the stupid str to use them.
even when you max out their str
might have been another story back in the iria days,where they were at least on par-ish. elf str vs content wise.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Since Elves would still have a horrible time using two-handers, I don't consider that racial balance at all.

Why not... IDK, give Elves a useful, Elf-specific melee weapon. They already have some unique ones.

Wouldn't hurt to increase their strength gains either.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Been thinking it through a bit

Elves could get a dex based whip that uses generic melee skills (makes up for lack of real melee power.) i guess in 1h and 2h variants? not required. and they aren't really a tanky race so just 2h might be better

Elves could get dex spears for lance skills (ala dynasty warriors,or something that looks like brionac, replacement for lances and uses lance skills)

Giants could get a str based slingshot that uses the generic ranged skills (self explanatory)

Hmm, what else are giants lacking? they can get all magic... and they'd finally get dex if they had access to normal ranged,magnum,etc.
not well versed in giant disadvantages, but i know their hitbox is a little screwy. maybe they could polish that.
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Armelle wrote:Been thinking it through a bit

Elves could get a dex based whip that uses generic melee skills (makes up for lack of real melee power.) i guess in 1h and 2h variants? not required. and they aren't really a tanky race so just 2h might be better

Elves could get dex spears for lance skills (ala dynasty warriors,or something that looks like brionac, replacement for lances and uses lance skills)

Giants could get a str based slingshot that uses the generic ranged skills (self explanatory)

Hmm, what else are giants lacking? they can get all magic... and they'd finally get dex if they had access to normal ranged,magnum,etc.
not well versed in giant disadvantages, but i know their hitbox is a little screwy. maybe they could polish that.

They don't have Play Dead or Throwing Stone, but those aren't really disadvantages per se.
Pryderi

Post by Pryderi »

Update some weapons Damage or Upgrade Paths (why u so weak wakizashi?)
Increase the basic Alchemy Crystals stack to at least 300
Add a dungeon in every map that lacks one and Add HM to the Old ones
More shadow missions please, the list is too short, same with Theater missions
Increase character card limit from 80 to 160 or more, having 52 pets is driving me slowly to the cap
Spear type weapons, not those huge lances.
More instruments, Violin, Cello, etc.
Huge Bows for Giants...their lack of range is annoying
More armors and weapons, is never enough
Undo the Generation Nerfs (now a even a 6 yr brat could complete them)
More food ingredients and recipes.
Make the darned Score scrolls pet storable
Atlatls and Reduced type of 2H Blunts for Humans
Change the ugly giant sword animations... etc etc
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Pryderi wrote: Increase the basic Alchemy Crystals stack to at least 300
Stacks get increased to 1000 in the alchemy revamp.
More instruments, Violin, Cello, etc.
New instruments too (like piano).
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Reposting it here since this would be where it belongs normally, and would also make it easier to find.

I did previously say they will never be willing enough to do this, unfortunately. Like every other game they'll just dig the racial hole bigger until they have constant rebalances like Maple has or stay really unbalanced. (Like it is now.) This is what I purposed in simpler terms:

1. Lets say magic mastery gave 140 int to humans and giants but 150 to elves (this is hypothetical, not real stats) but humans paid only 50 AP whereas Giants and Elves paid 75. You'd maximize the pros and minimize the cons so nobody is mad, making it so all three races get 150 int (the amount elves get in this example) but only pay 50 AP (the amount humans pay in this example). They could skip this step but some of the races will be mad if they don't bell curve it like this.

2. Given 1.0, they have to bell curve the AP downwards, not upwards to the 75. Otherwise humans before this update from other servers will be like, oh, I should pay 50 AP into this skill now, wait for the update, then derank it to get 25 AP out of nowhere. So curving downwards will make abuse impossible. However, they will have to credit giants and elves 25 AP from that example.

3. They should implement a system similar to MapleStory's personality system to also deal with the conversion. Let me use three hypotheical personality traits for this example, Stealth, Focus, and Intimidation.

Stealth: Would add a certain amount of speed each lvl. At lvl 11, you unlock the action hide, and lvl 6 unlocks the Final Shot quest chain.
Focus: Would add some stat or something every lvl. At lvl 11, unlocks the ability to do the Final Hit quest chain, and lvl 6 unlocks Rock Throwing.
Intimidation: Would add some stat or something every lvl. At lvl 11, unlocks the ability to do the Wind Guard quest chain, and lvl 6 unlocks the Taunt quest chain.

In my suggestion of 3, lets say each player made before this hypothetical update will automatically be given certain lvls of those three stats after the update. Elves would be given lvl 11 stealth which would be 32% speed (they might curb it up if they use my exact example, since a normal char will start at lvl 1 and every lvl would add 3% sped in this example). Lvl 11 would also automatically teach you hide (or unlock a quest chain you can use to get hide if they want to.) Elves will also start with like, lvl 6 Focus, which will give them Rock Throwing. Giants would start with lvl 11 Intimidation, which automatically gives them the ability to learn Taun and Wind Guard provided they do the quests, and they'd start with lvl 6 Stealth, which gives them 16% speed. Humans would start with lvl 11 Focus, which automatically unlocks the ability to do the final hit quest chain, and they would start with lvl 6 intimidation

Note that the above only would apply if the player was made before the update, since new players don't exactly need compensation for it. I mean, they'd still get the same effects, but new characters would start at lvl 1 for all the personality traits and work their way up. There could also be other effects like lvl6 Intimidation to offset using Two Handed Swords and Heavy Armor.

The above suggestion is one way of how things could work, but without changing existing players. Humans will still have 100% speed, giants will still have 116%, elves would still have 132%; but there is potential to increase your speed to match theirs. Giants and Humans will still be capable of using a two handed sword or heavy armor, but there is potential to catch up. Etc.

4. For most part, rather than there being 3 races, there will instead be two body types. Humans and Elves will be virtually merged, provided suggestion 1/2 and 3. The united elf-human character creation screen will have both race's -only hairstyles and ears/face options. Along with race restricted hair/eye colors. (Humans can't get bright colored hair atm, elves can't get dark brown or black, elves can't be black atm, etc; this would be fixed in this suggestion.) In addition to that, humans/elves will be given giant-only hairs, this will take some work to make the character models of. And I don't see why beards and mustaches and etc from giant hairs have to be bound to the giant's hair model. They could just make like three model options instead of making four versions of each hair. In a similar idea, they could separate henna from the skin texture, like they do with eyes, and make them dyable by making them grayscale by default, like they do with eyes. Also, make giant-only henna available to humans/elves. Likewise, giants would get Human and Elf -only hair, henna, and elven ear options, this would take some work making models.

5. Giving all skills to everyone. Only thing they need to do for this case is, first of all, give humans Mirage Missile and Final Shot, which should not ba problem since elves and humans use the same animation sets, and do the same with giving elves lances. The only problem would be is making a final hit and bow animations for giants, which shouldn't be too hard.

6. Like in bullet 1/2, they'd bell curve Savage Beast and Falcon to have the exact same features, just different appearances for different races. This is the only racial difference I endorse, in terms of appearance and just appearance of trans, not appearance of anything else. Then, the united elf-human body type will be able to choose between Paladin, Dark Knight, and Falcon. Likewise, giants would be able to become a paladin or dark knight in addition to their beast form. On top of that, I propose they give paladins 200 int to one of their skills. If you look at the Transformations Comparisons table on the wiki, you'd understand why they need it that specifically. Dark Knights won't need much rebalancing after the balance update since things like str add defense and all that. All they need imo is a small will boost. There should be a third quest chain to unlock Falcon (for hu/elves) or Beast (for giants). In addition, you should be able to freely change between the three transformations provided you unlocked the transformation, just with some prerequisites, like how you can change back and forth between Neamhain Demigod and Morrighan Demigod. (As a fun thing they can add, they can let Weird Cat in Tir Chonaill be the one to do this type of change, in reference to how he let you skipped generations in the old generation 1-3, but has no use for the new version of them.) In addition to the above, Control of Darkness, Elven Magic Missile, and Giant Full Swing should be available to everyone regardless of which of the three transformations you choose. This would also add two extra skills to dump AP into, since so many players have run out of skills to dump trans exp into and they can only keep like 60 lvls worth unused in reserve.

The above suggestions would be a successful racial merge of all three, while not changing the appearance or removing any abilities to any races. Yes it is a bit complicated, but it's still very simple, and all they'd really have to do is spend some extra time making character models, animations, and crediting AP provide they also do suggestion #2. The only ability changes would be positive changes, so everybody would hopefully be happy. I may edit this list later if I come up with more idea or clarify something.
Last edited by Kapra on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

nandattebayo wrote: New instruments too (like piano).
Time to start playing mabi again
Kuraulga

Post by Kuraulga »

nandattebayo wrote:
Pryderi wrote: New instruments too (like piano).
Maybe a keyboard?
hen937

Post by hen937 »

i like a viola