[Testing] "Balance" Update

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Ruutie

Re: [Testing] "Balance" Update

Post by Ruutie »

I hate to ask, but I've looked all over and couldn't find any answers...

But is it only Mabinogi NA the suffers from 'Summon Golem' having Cooldown & Load Times bug with it's attack skills? From Genesis that is..

It gives me hope it will be an even more viable skill in the future, assuming they fix it; granted they are already super tanks.
OizenX

Post by OizenX »

Ruutie wrote:I hate to ask, but I've looked all over and couldn't find any answers...

But is it only Mabinogi NA the suffers from 'Summon Golem' having Cooldown & Load Times bug with it's attack skills? From Genesis that is..

It gives me hope it will be an even more viable skill in the future, assuming they fix it; granted they are already super tanks.
Have you used golems?

End game content rips them to pieces in seconds. Same with Barrier Spikes.

If anything Golems are just used to get aggros on them while you charge up attacks.
hen937

Post by hen937 »

I just want a talent that will allow gaints and elfs to be simi level with humans what i am finding is both races are having problems do the effectiveness. i would liek to just see if a human transformation card when it gets to a point where if it just gets to bad to be a elf i can rebirth into human and keep my current skills and refund the skills humans dont cross over. I would like to also like to see elfs and gaints getting a choice to be able to choose there side alinement wheather they are fighting for there race or not. Though if memory sever tail is a great example of the races working together, i am kinda wondering why we cant decide too.... we been at war for how long?
OizenX

Post by OizenX »

hen937 wrote:I just want a talent that will allow gaints and elfs to be simi level with humans what i am finding is both races are having problems do the effectiveness. i would liek to just see if a human transformation card when it gets to a point where if it just gets to bad to be a elf i can rebirth into human and keep my current skills and refund the skills humans dont cross over. I would like to also like to see elfs and gaints getting a choice to be able to choose there side alinement wheather they are fighting for there race or not. Though if memory sever tail is a great example of the races working together, i am kinda wondering why we cant decide too.... we been at war for how long?
The wars been over for a while now.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

OizenX wrote: The wars been over for a while now.
Not basing on the forums =A=.
Ruutie

Post by Ruutie »

OizenX wrote: Have you used golems?

If anything Golems are just used to get aggros on them while you charge up attacks.
Yes, I used golems, quite strenuously. But probably the most difficult thing I do is Grandmaster Sm's, and I don't seem to have a problem defense-wise. Minus the fact I can just summon another, and minus the fact that it hurts as well as anything else that gets ripped without quite a bit of MP pots.

I use Puppets now as my spiritual successor to my golems, so I asked the question because I was interested in getting back in them again as an alternative. Whether I'm using them as a tank, remote damage, or something to use while I play music. Really doesn't matter, I love em.
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

OizenX wrote:
Ruutie wrote:I hate to ask, but I've looked all over and couldn't find any answers...

Have you used golems?

Post-nerf golem says hi.

OizenX

Post by OizenX »

Ruutie wrote:
OizenX wrote: Have you used golems?

Yes, I used golems, quite strenuously. But probably the most difficult thing I do is Grandmaster Sm's, and I don't seem to have a problem defense-wise. Minus the fact I can just summon another, and minus the fact that it hurts as well as anything else that gets ripped without quite a bit of MP pots.

I use Puppets now as my spiritual successor to my golems, so I asked the question because I was interested in getting back in them again as an alternative. Whether I'm using them as a tank, remote damage, or something to use while I play music. Really doesn't matter, I love em.
I do find them useful in the GrandMaster quest, more of a stand outside and draw a single thing out one at a time with them.
nandattebayo wrote:
Post-nerf golem says hi.

I dont like to count Magic golems, how on earth are we going to summon those when they remove crystals anyway?

And That video isnt really that impressive, Theres much better solo vids with puppets/Fighter/Combat. I dont mean to say its a bad skill, but I find it much less useful then it used to be.
Euphie

Post by Euphie »

There's an easy way to balance out humans having access to both Light Armor and Heavy Armor masteries; have the bonuses only apply if wearing a full set of light armor (or, basing which skill [if any] is used on whether there's a heavy armor or light armor or none/clothing piece on the Body equipment slot). There you go; balance. Humans also don't have Protection in their transformation bonuses (Defense, assuming Paladin, which no one will be if they decide to go Shooter. And, not to digress, but it's interesting to note that Paladins will have awesome damage as alchs [sooner] due to that glorious Stamina bonus).

Light armor mastery is still excellent as far as defensive stats go, and 2 points lost in both magic defense/protection are made up for with the Int most elves carry around. Even with just one skill (Light Armor mastery) it's possible to hit high protection ratings (cap with Transformation, easily, especially since it was reduced down from 100). Also mana shield.

The one thing elves need to be worried about, if at all, is the strength deficit. Rather detrimental for anyone going into combat/puppet/shooter to be 100 behind in terms of absolute max, and also suffer from the lower multipliers as well.

Honestly, though, if I had to recommend a new race to someone just starting out, it'd probably be Giant. Movement speed bonus, avoiding the ridiculous archery curve, and being able to use puppetry purely for utility (which Act 6 dominates in), while having extremely potent options in every other major skillset for room-clearing + DPS + support options.
OizenX

Post by OizenX »

Euphie wrote:There's an easy way to balance out humans having access to both Light Armor and Heavy Armor masteries; have the bonuses only apply if wearing a full set of light armor (or, basing which skill [if any] is used on whether there's a heavy armor or light armor or none/clothing piece on the Body equipment slot). There you go; balance. Humans also don't have Protection in their transformation bonuses (Defense, assuming Paladin, which no one will be if they decide to go Shooter. And, not to digress, but it's interesting to note that Paladins will have awesome damage as alchs [sooner] due to that glorious Stamina bonus).

Light armor mastery is still excellent as far as defensive stats go, and 2 points lost in both magic defense/protection are made up for with the Int most elves carry around. Even with just one skill (Light Armor mastery) it's possible to hit high protection ratings (cap with Transformation, easily, especially since it was reduced down from 100). Also mana shield.

The one thing elves need to be worried about, if at all, is the strength deficit. Rather detrimental for anyone going into combat/puppet/shooter to be 100 behind in terms of absolute max, and also suffer from the lower multipliers as well.

Honestly, though, if I had to recommend a new race to someone just starting out, it'd probably be Giant. Movement speed bonus, avoiding the ridiculous archery curve, and being able to use puppetry purely for utility (which Act 6 dominates in), while having extremely potent options in every other major skillset for room-clearing + DPS + support options.
To touch on that Alchemy for Paladins thing.

Dont Dark Knights have a much Larger MP/HP pool? So their FlameBurst will be better, according to this:
Alchemy Changes:
Damage Formula Change-
Barrier, Flameburst, Lifedrain damage will be affected by HP
Shock, Water Cannon damage will be affected by Mana
Windblast, Frozenblast, Sandburst, Heat Buster will be affected by Stamina
From the looks of it Dark Knights will be much better Alchemists. All the good Alchemy skills fall under HP/MP. And a maxed out Dark Knight is garunteed to have the same ammount of HP/MP as a paladin, but can roll much higher.