[KR Update] Master Chef, Coill Peaca Advanced and More.

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Kapra

Re: [KR Update] Master Chef, Coill Peaca Advanced and More.

Post by Kapra »

Fylas wrote:Talent Bonus consist of Cooking + Pharmacy + Close Combat = seriously? is pharmacy the red headed step child of hero characters? that's the second character that got pharmacy slapped on it like Merlin did. And not a single new potion recipe or revamp for potionmaking/herbalism I'm pretty disappointed :/
That's what I said when Diva was the second one with Cleric, and no notable changes to them except a slight mana shield nerf. (Still better to use Mana Shield than not, just not as good as it was before.)
Fylas

Post by Fylas »

Considering there are now chef recipes that give over a hundred of a attributes value in several attributes and you can combine different food into one big buff on top of a food mastery that makes the buff even more powerfull, would it be so wrong to give some buff potions or regeneration ones to pharmacy? Heck my homestead gets called a drug farm anyway due to all the herbs why not let me experiment a little XD.

Or how about A system based on quality and ratio like cooking (yeah I know not exactly as cooking works) with using various organic or mineral monster drops as reagents to create variable concoctions with different effects? A Splinter of a silver golem here, a drop of dragon blood there~ Combined with the fomor commanders sweat and the tear of a siren! dissolve it all with a good shot of spirit liquor and filtrate it trough the core membrane of a poison/ antidote herb! BWAAAHAHAHAHA *lightning strike in background*
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Daakun wrote:Bigger potions that just restore more numbers is one thing, but what could they even do to make the new recipes unique?
They wouldn't necessarily have to make them unique. They could finally make 300pt potions accessible in large quantities and add new recipes for potions that have none (Yellow Young for example). Maybe some new Herbs and then Perfume Making.

And then the Talent-only skills. Acupuncture anyone?
Fylas wrote:Talent Bonus consist of Cooking + Pharmacy + Close Combat = seriously? is pharmacy the red headed step child of hero characters? that's the second character that got pharmacy slapped on it like Merlin did. And not a single new potion recipe or revamp for potionmaking/herbalism I'm pretty disappointed :/
It's nice not to have to switch away from a decent talent to raise up your Apothecary talents.

I'm that regard, yes, it's like a red-headed Stepchild.

Waiting for that renewal sometime after Treasure Hunter.
Ayalon

Post by Ayalon »

I think you rly missed the point that even if hero cards are combined with other talents they only focus on 1 talent... Merlin -> Magic, Diva -> Bard, Vate -> Alchemist, Mater Chef -> Chef, Treasure Hunter -> Adventurer (I think)....they only got new skills for those talents if I'm right...You have to wait for a hero who focuses on Pharmacy... I'm waiting for a Cleric Hero :F
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Actually, Treasure Hunter focuses on two exploration skills, and another skill that's like Fake Death 2.0.
Ayalon

Post by Ayalon »

Psy wrote:Actually, Treasure Hunter focuses on two exploration skills, and another skill that's like Fake Death 2.0.
Yes it's true but exploratin skills didn't exist yet. X) We could say it's almost a talentless (hero)talent but I would say it still should be considered as an Adventurer talent because who would get exploration skills if not an adventurer? And I dont say Treasure Hunter is = Adventurer just like Master Chef is closest to Cooking (and not pharmacy or close combat XD ). On the other hand I think if they keep making hero talents then there should be some kind of shaman hero talent too...and then there will be 2 hero talents what focuses on andventurer but it will be ok I think.

So I just think that hero talents are made like they choose a main talent and 2 other talents what is logically acceptable with them. Like Master Chef knows plants and spices so I think Pharmacy is acceptable and has big knives so Close Combat...XD But he is an expert in cooking and not in Pharmacy or Close Combat.

So: Master Chef = COOKING+pharmacy+close combat and Treasure Hunter = ADVENTURER+merchant+gunner in my opinion.
But it's obivous that they wanted to strenghten or "fix" exploration so maybe all of the Treasure Hunter's 3 talent is just the "logically acceptable" ones and it's like
Treasure Hunter = "EXPLORATION"+adventurer+merchant+gunner

BUT anyhow except the Treausre Hunter the other Hero talents are focus on 1 basic talent and they didnt got any new skills for their other 2 talents.

...and I don't know why I wrote so much about it :geek:
...maybe because I want one what focuses on Holy Arts so I want it to be like that :lol: ...
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Well, I'd consider Exploration to be a subset if Adventuring but whatevs.

I think Apothecary, Cleric, Tailor, Blacksmith and Construct Alchemist all need some major updates.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

There's an item in the Luxury Equipment Bag in the OP. Looks like a Talent icon. What is that?
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Mackinz wrote:There's an item in the Luxury Equipment Bag in the OP. Looks like a Talent icon. What is that?
50 dur accessory with 0 def, 0 magic def, 0 prot, 0 magic prot. We have no confirmed what it does but supposedly it acts similar to a lvl 10 exp reforge for other skills, but only for the talents exclusive to that talent. (Like the Druid one will give you 50% more training to Mobile Casting, Instant Casting, and Meteor Strike. But not to Magic Weapon Mastery and other skills in normal talents.) You can only get it by making a new char with Elite Hero character card, not normal Hero, and it is untradable.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Question on Food Mastery.

I do not have a thorough knowledge of Korean, but it's usually easy enough to find a rough translation of the Korean text with Google Translate, then change it to a more English-appropriate wording. But the effects of the Food Master title make no sense to me. Can someone help me translate them?

음식 마스터 (the Food Master)
요리 던전 클리어 시 (Clear dungeon when cooking)
왕실 요리 납품서 추가 획득 (Acquire additional statement of royal cuisine)

I think it has something to do with the Kitchen Dungeons and Glewyas...