[JP] Ninja Talent unveiled (WIP - updated)

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
Soluna

Re: [JP] Ninja Talent unveiled (WIP)

Post by Soluna »

Sky

Post by Sky »

rip more archers
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

SplaTattoooooooos!
Sky wrote:rip more archers
is mid range like guns, but it is melee. An accurate description would probably be Lance without the dead zone.

Moe?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Soluna [Bot] wrote:
Sky wrote:rip more archers
IT MISSES! <_< though I believe is a bug LOL... and Shuriken can be S/R'd. Smith Pattern in Fleeeeta~
Soluna

Re: [JP] Ninja Talent unveiled (WIP - updated)

Post by Soluna »

BECAUSE IS NINJA! OTL...

Zaifer

Post by Zaifer »

Shuriken miss is probably just a bug like the occasional bullet miss in Gunslinger. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Kinda curious how combo's and PvP will work with this too since this seems like mostly a strategic class (which is pretty interesting on it's own and honestly how a Ninja class should be) rather than Puppeteer and Gunslinger which were both more combo oriented. Although looking at the skills, I think it's safe to say Fighter/Ninja or Ninja/Puppeteer will be a pretty viable talent combo. Not really sure how well Ninja/Gunslinger would work though since I can see it going either really great or really horrible together. Also really curious on if the distance effects damage or not like Water Cannon's does. If it did I'd imagine it'd be the reverse of WC but still something fun to think about.
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

Zaifer wrote:Shuriken miss is probably just a bug like the occasional bullet miss in Gunslinger. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Kinda curious how combo's and PvP will work with this too since this seems like mostly a strategic class (which is pretty interesting on it's own and honestly how a Ninja class should be) rather than Puppeteer and Gunslinger which were both more combo oriented. Although looking at the skills, I think it's safe to say Fighter/Ninja or Ninja/Puppeteer will be a pretty viable talent combo. Not really sure how well Ninja/Gunslinger would work though since I can see it going either really great or really horrible together. Also really curious on if the distance effects damage or not like Water Cannon's does. If it did I'd imagine it'd be the reverse of WC but still something fun to think about.
I believe because gunner and shuriken is a normal ranged attack, the luck have some effects on how often it will miss. I believe 100 lucks = 10% chance for a normal ranged attack to miss you.
Zaifer

Post by Zaifer »

Kinda curious as to what the enchants for Shuriken will be too. I dunno if they'll need to add any, but new enchants are always nice .3.

If anyone can find a list that'd be nice xD I'd kinda like to plan ahead a little more if possible.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Zaifer wrote:Kinda curious as to what the enchants for Shuriken will be too. I dunno if they'll need to add any, but new enchants are always nice .3.

If anyone can find a list that'd be nice xD I'd kinda like to plan ahead a little more if possible.
There are 8 new enchants. Two of the enchants will be from Ninja Talent Quest, similar to Fighters. Orient and Of Useful (Prefix and Suffix).
Another one is dropped in Rabbie and Barri Adv. That is the Enchant Of Without (Suffix) and it is exclusive.

Shadowy Talent Event will reward Akatuski Shuriken (translates to Strength Shuriken for some weird reason...).

Those are the ones I know of, you can find the effect of enchants on other sources, I am too lazy to do it.

P.S. They already balanced once the talent in JP.
However, the change is minor, the only major change is Shuriken is now a 2handed weapon. (Which is actually good, because now you can enchant 2hand enchants on it).
Lingshen

Post by Lingshen »

Zaifer wrote:Shuriken miss is probably just a bug like the occasional bullet miss in Gunslinger. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Kinda curious how combo's and PvP will work with this too since this seems like mostly a strategic class (which is pretty interesting on it's own and honestly how a Ninja class should be) rather than Puppeteer and Gunslinger which were both more combo oriented. Although looking at the skills, I think it's safe to say Fighter/Ninja or Ninja/Puppeteer will be a pretty viable talent combo. Not really sure how well Ninja/Gunslinger would work though since I can see it going either really great or really horrible together. Also really curious on if the distance effects damage or not like Water Cannon's does. If it did I'd imagine it'd be the reverse of WC but still something fun to think about.
I think Ninja/Gunner is heavily viable based on how strategically you use Gunner. Like...

Shooting Rush > Ground Trap > Bullet Storm > Kunai Storm > Shadow Binding > Lullaby/Cloud > Sakura Shigure
Based on how well they grouped, you could use Rasenzan's small AoE too. If Shadow Bind doesn't undo if you switch weapons, you could use Frenzy while they're bound.

Martial Arts/Ninja is a curious one. Ninja seems to be about keeping distance or staying safe while Martial Arts is rushing into the battle. I'm curious how that would work out. Mean, stepping out of Shadow Bind's circle cancels out the skill and the first stages of Martial Arts do exactly that.