H-hi (again?)

New user? Be sure to introduce yourself!
mitzi1
Rank B Elatha
Rank B Elatha
IGN(s): Laprica, mitzi1

H-hi (again?)

Postby mitzi1 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:08 pm

Heyyyy

I'm an old-mabinogi player. The last time I played was probably about two-three years ago (college OP), but I'm interested in starting up again. My ign in game is Laprica on Ruairi server, add me and chat me up!

And I have a few questions for you guys... I know there's a f***-ton of new content, is there anything you guys would recommend to start out with? Are there things I should avoid? Is it worth starting again?

Sky
o senpai >w<
IGN(s): Sky
Server: Ruairi

Re: H-hi (again?)

Postby Sky » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:06 pm

i just went on because of the fishing event a couple weeks ago for gems... ._.
Platinum Trophies!
Tales of Graces f (Apr '12), Tekken 6 (May '12), Tales of Xillia (Oct '13)

Soluna
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp

Postby Soluna » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:19 pm

mitzi1 wrote:I'm an old-mabinogi player. The last time I played was probably about two-three years ago (college OP), but I'm interested in starting up again. My ign in game is Laprica on Ruairi server, add me and chat me up!

I am pretty sure there are still 3~4 players that still plays Mabi in the guild and couple still visit the game sometimes (I think).

mitzi1 wrote:And I have a few questions for you guys... I know there's a f***-ton of new content, is there anything you guys would recommend to start out with? Are there things I should avoid? Is it worth starting again?

I love this type of questions.It makes me type long and complicate response that make no sense wat so ever...

Personally I would say no it is not worth to pick up again due to multiple reasons, however if you absolutely can't find anything else then go ahead and pick it up again.
The game only have 2 path now: Combat/Fashion, everything else is dead.
(And you can skip the bottom because is tldr)

Basically the game itself now kinda have multiple issue, high end content that give doesn't give proportional reward, high-end reward obtained from gachapon/cash items, and unproportional growth for characters each having a direct relation to another.

Because free rebirth enabled, game have to make $ else where, so gachapon/cash item become the main target.
Because main target became cash shop items, high end content gets ignored and its reward become less appealing.
Because high end content is less appealing, it is harder to keep players so in order to compensate it free rebirth is enabled to draw in newer players better.

In C3 the content offered the shadow missions, where there was like ~20 missions across. Ever since then the content has been very lackluster and lazy, you get C4's Theater missions and Commerce (which can only be counted as 1 mission really with enemy changes). Then you get the 2 Abyss missions that really just added 2 new bosses with all the monster being rehash. Then in C5... you get replay-able story line that I am sure some people even stopped spamming. And soon you get one raid mission that you have to spam over and over again.
And this is just combat content alone, let's not even get into the completely forgotten life content (which is almost non-existing now).

Yea, people will argue that there's a lot of stuff to do in the game. So does life. However, without definite goal and a motivation that drive behind it, it becomes pointless.

Yoorah
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Postby Yoorah » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:25 pm

zomg, it's Captain Laprica! :o I hope you've been well--the last time we've talked was when I was bugging you to sign up for internships, I think... xD

As for Mabinogi, it depends on what your expectations are. Solar is right if your goal is to play the game "seriously" (like he did.) If you play casually, then Mabi's faults, which are actually shared by most, if not all "free to play" games are tolerable. You were always a casual player, though, so I don't think you need to be too concerned. You can at least try the new story line quests and stuff; I've done some of them and they're at least mildly interesting. :p

mitzi1
Rank B Elatha
Rank B Elatha
IGN(s): Laprica, mitzi1

Postby mitzi1 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback! So... I just found out that I can't run Mabi on my Surface Pro 2 (which is my only laptop right now) :( The graphics are all weird and stuff, so I guess I won't be playing unless I find another computer x.x I thought it would be able to run Mabi b/c I can run Portal 2 and LoL and Vindictus on it no problem, but apparently the graphics card doesn't agree with Mabinogi.

Soluna
Rank 1 Imp
Rank 1 Imp

Postby Soluna » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:05 pm

Yoorah wrote: Solar is right if your goal is to play the game "seriously" (like he did.)

Pfft... hardly: don't have a single maxed stat ego, don't have grand master, don't have r5 weapon.
I play the game for Morrighan; No Goddess, No Game.

The only game that I do play seriously sometimes is Mahjong and even that is only occasionally.

mitzi1 wrote:Thanks for the feedback! So... I just found out that I can't run Mabi on my Surface Pro 2 (which is my only laptop right now) :( The graphics are all weird and stuff

Is this as you can get into the game but graphics are weird? Try uncheck some of the graphic settings in the options. Screenshot would help.

Kapra
Rank 2 Eiry
Rank 2 Eiry

Postby Kapra » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:53 am

Kind of late to the discussion but if you do somehow get to play Mabi again and want to play, my friend Rydian made a decent thread about things you should know since last time you played.
http://mabination.com/threads/79229-Wel ... -Changed...
I don't recall giving you permission to highlight this page.

Return to “Introductions”